Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-07-2012, 01:03 PM   #1

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Put in Catch-Can (with some side benefits)...lol

Installed an rx catch-can last night...no biggie...just thought I'd throw out a couple of other things...I removed my throttle body, and in the process noticed that all four bolts were barely hand tight! Also noticed some evidence of oil seepage around one corner...Anyway, check those four throttle body bolts, if you've never done so.

I threw in a fuse-pull along with the install. I had done one before, but didn't notice much improvement...This time I pulled the fuses right after I got done driving it around, let it sit overnight, and could really tell a difference today.

Might have been a combo of tightening the throttle body and a successful fuse pull, but man it runs noticeably better. Thanks for listening! Enjoy!
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:21 PM   #2
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Installed an rx catch-can last night...no biggie...just thought I'd throw out a couple of other things...I removed my throttle body, and in the process noticed that all four bolts were barely hand tight! Also noticed some evidence of oil seepage around one corner...Anyway, check those four throttle body bolts, if you've never done so.

I threw in a fuse-pull along with the install. I had done one before, but didn't notice much improvement...This time I pulled the fuses right after I got done driving it around, let it sit overnight, and could really tell a difference today.

Might have been a combo of tightening the throttle body and a successful fuse pull, but man it runs noticeably better. Thanks for listening! Enjoy!
Cool, will check mine out. Could be another 50 hp lol
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #3
plan-b
No Compromise

Drives: '04 996 C4S, '11 2SS Convertible
I'm glad I installed a catch can if just to replace the PCV hose. When I was trying to unclip the factory plastic hose, it snapped right off the end connector. Barely took any force to do it.

Thanks for the heads up on the TB bolts. I'm checking that tonight for sure.
plan-b is offline   Reply With Quote