Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 09-28-2012, 03:34 PM   #29
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdmax View Post
Did you drive the car much on the street? If so did it chatter? Also did it have reasonable maners on the street?

I only drove it on the street, numerous 1st thru 4th pulls testing out the GForce rear end axles and driveshaft as well as the RXT. During breakin i had some minimal chatter, mainly user error. Clutch is much better than stock and has a lighter pedal than stock.

I'll will test it out soon with the new motor and see how it holds up. If i roast it i will go with a StreetSlayer triple or the new Monster twin/triple (Monster clutch/SNL Performance is the shop i normally use)
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #30
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
Quote:
McLeod rxt hope it will hold the torque!
Yes you have alot of tq starting at the hit,thats what alot of people dont get .I hope you can wear that one out and give us a shot next time.If you do run into a problem give me a call and ill take care of you.
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:50 AM   #31
maxdmax

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
Yes you have alot of tq starting at the hit,thats what alot of people dont get .I hope you can wear that one out and give us a shot next time.If you do run into a problem give me a call and ill take care of you.
We looked at you clutch as well and it looks like all of them are nice units. Which on version of your clutch would you recommend for my car? We could put the RXT on the shelf. Can you PM me the price on what you recommend for my car? We have a lot of Gen 5s we could use the RXT in as well.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:00 AM   #32
maxdmax

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan513 View Post
ya , me and bobby were talkin when u said u were spinning , we thought u were not, but after watchin the videos ya, u were , and seems like ur right on the clutch to. cause i know some pass seems like i remember seeing 103 in the 1/8 then some were lower, cause u shift the heck out that car , no joke.
the mph was good on some and off on others , and shifts were spot on.

i got 1 ? tho , is the speed calculated or what at track , im new to the track world
Yes the MPH is calculated at CC, I think that is the case at a lot of tracks. Maybe someone on here knows more about this, but I think the calculated time is still pretty accurate for the most part. I still think I had something not working right and my best guess is the clutch. I usually get 1.6XX 60' times at the worst 1.7XX and could never get a good 60' out of it that night. The first run it chattered the tires and felt like some wheel hop in the car. One run he did not get I left at 4,000 RPM and went up in smoke. Below are 2 of my runs maybe someone that knows more here can comment, I usually had trap speeds around 129 MPH on 70 less TQ and 30 less HP.

Couple of recent passes

Older 10.93 pass at 129 MPH 70 less TQ and 30 less HP

Last edited by maxdmax; 09-29-2012 at 05:59 AM.
maxdmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:41 AM   #33
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
Quote:
We looked at you clutch as well and it looks like all of them are nice units. Which on version of your clutch would you recommend for my car? We could put the RXT on the shelf. Can you PM me the price on what you recommend for my car? We have a lot of Gen 5s we could use the RXT in as well.
I would recomend the Carbon if your going to stay around the 700-750 if your going to continue like we usually do lol id do a tripple and never worry again.Give me a call when you get a chance and will work something out 980-521-0722 call anytime anyday
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote