Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-01-2009, 04:07 PM   #29
Lightninquick

Drives: (.)(.)'s
The good news to me is that it looks like a blower can be added to the motor and with a good tune it will survive. now we just need a smog legal blower,,,,maybe whipple?

just got off the phone whith the whipple boys. they are going to be producing a smog legal kit for it.

kenne bell is also going to make one. looks like we are going to have some nice choices

Last edited by Lightninquick; 04-01-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Lightninquick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:14 PM   #30
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Soo anyone wanna explain why everyone on here hates Hennessy? Don't they make the Venom 1000? Isn't that the most powerful street car in the world or something like that? I'm not saying they are not overpriced...but I had never heard that they are not amazing performance cars.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:22 PM   #31
KoTToN

Drives: 2005 SilveradoSS AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
Soo anyone wanna explain why everyone on here hates Hennessy? Don't they make the Venom 1000? Isn't that the most powerful street car in the world or something like that? I'm not saying they are not overpriced...but I had never heard that they are not amazing performance cars.
"According to a lawsuit filed in Salt Lake City, Utah resident Taig Stewart sent his Viper GTS to Hennessey last May for an engine upgrade to 1100 hp along with several other modifications. For that he wire-transferred $142,500 to Hennessey. The lawsuit states the parties agreed the car would be done by mid-July 2001. As of press time the car was still sitting under a tarp in Hennessey’s shop in Houston. Or most of the car, anyway. Stewart’s suit claims Hennessey sold the car’s engine, transmission, wheels, tires and hood. The suit seeks return of the money, the Viper and “no less than $1 million” in punitive damages. "

"William Walters said he is out over $22,000 after shipping his Corvette to Hennessey for a head and cam package that was never done; he did have five rods bent and a head gasket damaged on the dyno in Hennessey’s shop during an experiment Hennessey tried with nitrous oxide. "

"Bruce Iannatuono said he ordered $8,500 worth of Hennessey parts for his mechanic in Baltimore to install but was only able to use two-thirds of what was shipped, and then only after haranguing Hennessey for six months on an order that was originally promised in five weeks. "

“If you were out of state, man you were fair game,” said Kyle Kent, a former employee at Hennessey Motorsports. When an out-of-state car came in it was sometimes parted out, with the wheels, tires and whatever else looked good going to other cars waiting to be finished or sold outright, according to Kent and others inside Hennessey Motorsports. Then Hennessey would call the car’s owner and try to sell him an upgraded kit. If the customer balked, Hennessey would take parts from other cars in the shop, or just let the job sit.

Kent described one typical disassembly on an out-of-state Viper. “The motor and transmission went into a Durango John was putting together, the brakes went to someone else, the hood went to a guy in Ohio, the rear bumper to South Carolina, man you name it. We had multiple cars like that.”

Another common practice was putting stock parts on what was supposed to be an upgraded car.

“One customer spent $130,000 to $140,000 and that guy thought he had purchased a Venom 650R package which he thought came with the stroker motor,” Kent said. “John told him he was getting a stroker. He was just getting heads and cams.”

do i need to go on?
KoTToN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:27 PM   #32
DevilKnightFalcon

Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoTToN View Post
"According to a lawsuit filed in Salt Lake City, Utah resident Taig Stewart sent his Viper GTS to Hennessey last May for an engine upgrade to 1100 hp along with several other modifications. For that he wire-transferred $142,500 to Hennessey. The lawsuit states the parties agreed the car would be done by mid-July 2001. As of press time the car was still sitting under a tarp in Hennessey’s shop in Houston. Or most of the car, anyway. Stewart’s suit claims Hennessey sold the car’s engine, transmission, wheels, tires and hood. The suit seeks return of the money, the Viper and “no less than $1 million” in punitive damages. "

"William Walters said he is out over $22,000 after shipping his Corvette to Hennessey for a head and cam package that was never done; he did have five rods bent and a head gasket damaged on the dyno in Hennessey’s shop during an experiment Hennessey tried with nitrous oxide. "

"Bruce Iannatuono said he ordered $8,500 worth of Hennessey parts for his mechanic in Baltimore to install but was only able to use two-thirds of what was shipped, and then only after haranguing Hennessey for six months on an order that was originally promised in five weeks. "

“If you were out of state, man you were fair game,” said Kyle Kent, a former employee at Hennessey Motorsports. When an out-of-state car came in it was sometimes parted out, with the wheels, tires and whatever else looked good going to other cars waiting to be finished or sold outright, according to Kent and others inside Hennessey Motorsports. Then Hennessey would call the car’s owner and try to sell him an upgraded kit. If the customer balked, Hennessey would take parts from other cars in the shop, or just let the job sit.

Kent described one typical disassembly on an out-of-state Viper. “The motor and transmission went into a Durango John was putting together, the brakes went to someone else, the hood went to a guy in Ohio, the rear bumper to South Carolina, man you name it. We had multiple cars like that.”

Another common practice was putting stock parts on what was supposed to be an upgraded car.

“One customer spent $130,000 to $140,000 and that guy thought he had purchased a Venom 650R package which he thought came with the stroker motor,” Kent said. “John told him he was getting a stroker. He was just getting heads and cams.”

do i need to go on?
Wow I had never heard any of that. I will make sure to spit on their cars next year when I see them at Barrett Jackson lol. Their cars look amazing but wow those stories are pretty insane.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
Old 04-01-2009, 04:34 PM   #33
SAUCE

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS BLKonBLK
Unless I was rich I would never buy a special addition car (unless I was rich) even then I would never buy from hennessey.

2SS RS
CGM
black panel
DT spoiler

Right off the bat:
CAI
FAST LSXr Intake
LT's
SLP loudmouth
SAUCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:38 PM   #34
KoTToN

Drives: 2005 SilveradoSS AWD
a 100k camaro that you put together will be twice the car a 100k hennessey camaro would be.

You could cry warranty all you want but after reading up on hennessey do you really think that guy warranties anything?
KoTToN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:43 PM   #35
DevilKnightFalcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUCE View Post
Unless I was rich I would never buy a special addition car (unless I was rich) even then I would never buy from hennessey.
Where did you get that pic from? I like the look of your build. I am trying to decide if I should go with the GM Performance Exhaust or go for a Borla, Corsa, SLP or something else. Any recommendations?

Old 04-01-2009, 04:46 PM   #36
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
how is this company still in business?
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:56 PM   #37
comiskeybum
Banned

Drives: 2010 Chevy Equinox LS
500 units? yeah.........that really competes with the GT 500. Im sorry but this is stupid.

Im still getting a GT 500
comiskeybum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:24 PM   #38
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam2fst4u View Post
how is this company still in business?
Beats me. Hennessey was outed as a scammer (and, on a personal level, complete jerk) years ago. I would think that if someone was going to write somebody a check with that many zeroes, they'd at least Google the guy's name first. Apparently not.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:29 PM   #39
SSINSTR
Michelin Man Assassin

Drives: '10 IBM 2SS/RS LS3
My personal feelings about Hennessey aside... I don't think I would ever buy a modified car "package" if you will. Companies like HPE, Lingenfelter, Saleen, and Roush offer a vehicle for the guy with that extra chunk of change, likes the stock car, but desires more. They make it simple by modifying it for you and even offer warranties in some cases... at a cost. And for those without the time or inclination to DIY, that's fine.

IMO there is something to be gained from actually working on your own car. The technical knowledge and experience, yes. But the feeling of accomplishment and pride as you transform it from something that you bought, to something that you made YOURS, is exhilarating.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:02 PM   #40
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278

Drives: IBM 2SS, A6, Leather & Sunroof
I really got to say that I like the striping package! ... As for the $57,000 + .. Na, I think not!!

1LT/RS is good enough for me
Attached Images

RetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:22 PM   #41
Bentley78
Rice Cooker

Drives: Avalanche Z/71, 2010 Camaro2SS
The car is ugly, wheels should stay on Corvette and for $30,000 i would build a car that would blow the doors off that stupid looking thing.
Bentley78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:30 PM   #42
attymf

Drives: 2017 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSINSTR View Post
My personal feelings about Hennessey aside... I don't think I would ever buy a modified car "package" if you will. Companies like HPE, Lingenfelter, Saleen, and Roush offer a vehicle for the guy with that extra chunk of change, likes the stock car, but desires more. They make it simple by modifying it for you and even offer warranties in some cases... at a cost. And for those without the time or inclination to DIY, that's fine.

IMO there is something to be gained from actually working on your own car. The technical knowledge and experience, yes. But the feeling of accomplishment and pride as you transform it from something that you bought, to something that you made YOURS, is exhilarating.
I totally 100% agree that there is no feeling better than doing the mods yourself. You can go to the gym and pump iron or go to the plastic surgeon for liposuction.
attymf is offline   Reply With Quote