Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 08-27-2013, 10:27 AM   #1
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

Drives: My Wife Crazy
X1 DRM News

YESSSSS Im sooo pumped right now. I was one of the Xbox Fans that was truely excited about all the features and innovation that X1 would be bringing when they first launched before the whole backlash scenario. But sadly due to bad presentation and misinformation SOME fans took it the wrong way while others just didnt want it. Well combined efforts were enough to make MS retract the DRM and take away alot of those cool features...Then I read this!!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...OE8beg0vxjD.99

Here is the actual area of the article that peaked my interest

Quote:
Spencer does believe in listening to customer feedback, which is why Microsoft now uses what he describes as "physical DRM" - the disc - as well as digital DRM. But Spencer's clear on one thing: Microsoft wants to create the digital ecosystem that was announced at launch, and which will be coming to all customers eventually. So those of you who wanted to see the next generation console you thought Microsoft was selling will see it eventually. Just not right away.
FaytalsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #2
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

More articles confirming the good news

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/360400259437961222

http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...-gamescom-2013

Quote:
But they're in the background now. I wonder how much of that proposition, which was very Steam-like, will come back?

We're committed to the digital ecosystem that we talked about at the beginning of Xbox One. Absolutely. That's why I wanted to be clear on what you were referring to with the word 'reversal'. Other people have tried to twist this a little bit, but it's important that we remain in a two-way dialogue with gamers and potential customers about what they would like to see. Consoles today are as much a service as they are an individual purchase – our commitment through Xbox Live and updating the software and keeping the games coming is a long-term service commitment. The service gets better through direct feedback with the people who are using it.

What we heard from gamers is that they enjoyed the physical DRM they had with the 360 ecosystem and they wanted to add that to Xbox One. So we added physical DRM to the digital DRM plan that we had. When we did that, maths takes over and some things had to move out. But the core of that digital ecosystem is absolutely something that we believe in, and we haven't reversed it. You'll be able to buy games as physical and digital goods, you'll be able to share games with everybody in your house, and other features that we talked about will definitely be coming down the line.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #3
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

Noone as excited as me?! COME ON. This is just for the digital games that are downloaded. Not the physical copies!

Last edited by FaytalsCamaro; 08-27-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:56 AM   #4
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Im with you on this. I was on board with the console before they bent to all the complainers. A lot of the new games out now already make you enter a product key into the system and download a file to save the key to your system. How is this any different than the model Microsoft was going for? They just eliminated the need for a disc.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:36 PM   #5
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaytalsCamaro View Post
Noone as excited as me?! COME ON. This is just for the digital games that are downloaded. Not the physical copies!
I was just talking to a friend about the fact that all they needed was to offer all the features we wanted if we downloaded the games. Anyone that want's physical discs can waive their right to the new features.

Glad to see they are working with it. I was bummed about some of the features we lost. I was looking forward to sharing games and getting my library on other consoles. They NEED to have release day downloads for the games though or else it's not gonna work.

They also need to figure out a way that we can download the new games early so that when release day rolls around it will just unlock. You don't want a million people trying to download a 30gb COD game all at the same time. It would be a nightmare.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:02 AM   #6
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

Drm must be incredibly hated on these boards.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:03 AM   #7
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

Can you imagine IF we could get something similar to the Humble Steam Bundle on Xbox? OR see some of those incredibly discounted games?
Old 08-28-2013, 02:52 PM   #8
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
I will wait until it's set in stone before I get excited... To much up in the air with Microsoft lately.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote