Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 04-30-2012, 10:32 PM   #1
Fnfalguy
Supreme Advisor

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Convertible Roadtrip This Week!

Only two more days before the wife and I take our 2011 SS Camaro Convertible and drive it to The Florida Keys for a few days!!!!!

Fnfalguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:53 AM   #2
SnowVert

Drives: Inferno Orange 2013 SS/RS LS3 6M
I was planning on doing that in mid May, but I just couldn't come up with quite enough funds for the trip... It's a bit expensive coming from MN. Enjoy the Keys, I love it down there. Maybe I'll just head to the Black Hills for a few days instead.
SnowVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:12 AM   #3
ToddB

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible Supercharged
I am heading there the second week of June from WI. Let me know what not to miss when you return. Did the black hills and Colorado last summer.
ToddB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:18 AM   #4
Tally Ho

Drives: 2006 Corvette conv/2007 Avalanche
That's one of the first road trips my wife and I have planned when we get her 2013 ZL1 convertible. Enjoy your trip!!
Old 05-01-2012, 07:07 PM   #5
Fnfalguy
Supreme Advisor

I'll try to get some decent pics on the way down and back. We've lived in the Midwest for most of our life but became Floridians about a year ago so now this trip isn't as difficult to realize.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:26 PM   #6
evlar

Drives: 2011 (L99) 2SS/RS vert
I've done Miami, but haven't made it to the Keys in "Doc". Enjoy!
evlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #7
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
The keys are awesome!! Especially Marathon......the drive all the way to Key West is priceless in a ragtop....you'll enjoy it immensely.

We are driving from here in E. PA down to Fort Myers in July for a week stay in a timeshare....gonna be hot, but that's why A/C was invented....

Happy motoring!!!
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #8
Fnfalguy
Supreme Advisor

It's the only way to see The Keys!
Old 05-07-2012, 08:20 PM   #9
Fnfalguy
Supreme Advisor

My two favorite girls! Honestly, my wife refers to my Camaro as "the other woman".

This shot was taken somewhere in Marathon Key.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:40 PM   #10
Fnfalguy
Supreme Advisor

Here's my short review of our trip to the Florida Keys, traveling from Central Florida:

* Although I removed a wealth of Love Bug carnage from the front of my car and driving on Route 1 in The Keys is fairly slow, the drive with the top down on this trip was simply amazing!

* We stayed in Islamorada but drove to Key West for an afternoon. Mile Marker "0" aside, I didn't care for Key West much, except for perhaps the art galleries. However, if you like recreational drinking, you might enjoy this Key more than my wife and I did.

* Cowboy Billy's on Duval Street in Key West has some pretty killer Mexican food.

* If you're looking for a special place to take your spouse or significant other, in The Keys check out www.cheeca.com . It's a bit more expensive than some of the other hotels in The Keys but is is 5-Star food and lodging all of the way!

* I liked The Keys so much that I don't necessarily feel compelled to fly to Hawaii anymore!

* Every other car on the road was a Mustang of some sort or another. However, my non-scientific Camaro poll found that Yellow and White Camaros were the most popular on the trip.

* As we were driving home we were past by 3 highly modified 5 Gen Camaro Coupe's running wide open on Route 1 North, outside of Miami.

* There's tons of fishing, scuba diving, snorkeling and even opportunities to swim with dolphins so spend some time in or on the water during your trip!

* Islamorada Sportsman's Store has a bar and restaurant located behind it. At night you can go there watch the sun set, listen to live music, watch a guy juggle batons lit on fire, have an adult beverage or two and have a decent seafood feast there.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:21 PM   #11
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnfalguy View Post
Here's my short review of our trip to the Florida Keys, traveling from Central Florida:

* Although I removed a wealth of Love Bug carnage from the front of my car and driving on Route 1 in The Keys is fairly slow, the drive with the top down on this trip was simply amazing!

* We stayed in Islamorada but drove to Key West for an afternoon. Mile Marker "0" aside, I didn't care for Key West much, except for perhaps the art galleries. However, if you like recreational drinking, you might enjoy this Key more than my wife and I did.

* Cowboy Billy's on Duval Street in Key West has some pretty killer Mexican food.

* If you're looking for a special place to take your spouse or significant other, in The Keys check out www.cheeca.com . It's a bit more expensive than some of the other hotels in The Keys but is is 5-Star food and lodging all of the way!

* I liked The Keys so much that I don't necessarily feel compelled to fly to Hawaii anymore!

* Every other car on the road was a Mustang of some sort or another. However, my non-scientific Camaro poll found that Yellow and White Camaros were the most popular on the trip.

* As we were driving home we were past by 3 highly modified 5 Gen Camaro Coupe's running wide open on Route 1 North, outside of Miami.

* There's tons of fishing, scuba diving, snorkeling and even opportunities to swim with dolphins so spend some time in or on the water during your trip!

* Islamorada Sportsman's Store has a bar and restaurant located behind it. At night you can go there watch the sun set, listen to live music, watch a guy juggle batons lit on fire, have an adult beverage or two and have a decent seafood feast there.
Sounds like a great time, nice pics!! I stayed in Key West for a week and man what a blast that was!!

I love Islamorada and Marathon as well though.....can't keep up with that mad drinking pace in Key West any more at my age.

The Camaro looks like it totally belongs in the one pic on Marathon....like it was built to live there.....LOL

I'm driving mine down to Fort Myers in July, staying at my cuz' timeshare, really looking forward to that cruise....even though it will run me around 500 bucks in gas if the prices remain where they are now. After all you only go around once in life!!

Happy motoring!!!
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #12
Fnfalguy
Supreme Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragtopguy View Post
Sounds like a great time, nice pics!! I stayed in Key West for a week and man what a blast that was!!

I love Islamorada and Marathon as well though.....can't keep up with that mad drinking pace in Key West any more at my age.

The Camaro looks like it totally belongs in the one pic on Marathon....like it was built to live there.....LOL

I'm driving mine down to Fort Myers in July, staying at my cuz' timeshare, really looking forward to that cruise....even though it will run me around 500 bucks in gas if the prices remain where they are now. After all you only go around once in life!!

Happy motoring!!!
Thanks for the feedback and I like your silver convertible as well!
Old 05-08-2012, 05:59 PM   #13
Fnfalguy
Supreme Advisor

Here's a few more photos for you guys!

Old 05-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #14
comeinpeace

Drives: WHITE CONV.
GEORGE BUSH SR....his fav place to fish!
comeinpeace is offline   Reply With Quote