Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 07-15-2010, 07:42 AM   #225
speedy_g

Drives: CAMARO RS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Madness View Post
I was orignally waiting for the Water/Meth Kit but now looks like it will be a while before STS get's that done. Also, I was waiting to datalog before I got the dyno but the Spark Plugs STS orignally sent were wrong. Thanks to Rod1, I was able to find the correct ones which should be here by Friday if they are in stock. Once I get that, I will data log and then take it for a Dyno. Will have to be on a Saturday though as I work during the week.

No, this is not/will not be a daily driver for another year. However, I was planning to bring it to work tomorrow to make sure it handles in traffic (about a 45 minute commute in stop and go). So far, all of the test runs have been great, car runs absolutely smooth and is still on Trifecta's "base" tune. No CEL, SES, etc. lights.

I know I need to get it Dyno'd for everyone so I will try to get that done soon. I have been working on other things like putting on Katzkin's, side skirts, rear ground effects, lighting, so that's been taking up a lot of the evenings! Trying to get it all done by the end of July. Stay tuned.....
What's going on the end of July ? You sound like your going to war lol car show ..
speedy_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:22 AM   #226
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
Sounds good thanks for keeping us all posted
Old 07-16-2010, 08:48 AM   #227
spoone123
Next is SS camaro.....

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS, Rally yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by trudawg660 View Post
being one of sts's turbos i thought u would hear the whistle a whole lot more.
I sould like it to be a sleeper. So you can surprise people

BTW is that the stock exhaust? I'm getting interested in this. Never drive a car with turbo, sound real nice. And what's is estimate of total cost you spent on. Seem like its getting close to SS price, then again the car is 300Lbs lighter and more HP.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:19 AM   #228
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoone123 View Post
I sould like it to be a sleeper. So you can surprise people

BTW is that the stock exhaust? I'm getting interested in this. Never drive a car with turbo, sound real nice. And what's is estimate of total cost you spent on. Seem like its getting close to SS price, then again the car is 300Lbs lighter and more HP.
boost is your friend

having once had a 6.0 V8 car and another one that boosted to 18lbs, both rock, but driving dynamics are pretty different between the two. You have to prepare and understand power doesnt come on as quickly as in a NA with high displacement. However upping your hp with the turn of a dial (or push of a button if your running Greddy's steering wheel mounted push-button boost controller) is a great thing. I started off in the import crowd and sorta backed my way in to domestics, so I've always been a fan of FI, so having the opportunity to mesh a potent v6 with boost seems ...well, I think we havent covered but just the tip of the iceberg as far as the potential we'll have with these cars. Vendor support will be key, but 6mo-1yr from now these v6's will be putting some great numbers down. You watch
Old 07-17-2010, 04:01 PM   #229
darwin

Drives: 1SS/RS 2010 Camaro
i cant wait till I order my turbo in two more weeks. I might end up getting dyno for all of you before Z does lol. If mine gets 400 at the wheels like they said, i will be more then satisfied.
darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 09:31 PM   #230
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
Oh man, how did I miss this!!! Well thanks for mentioning me, Z Madness. I was waiting for a PM from you, but a full thread is much better.

Car looks and sounds sweet! Definitely more power in there. I'm really excited to see any type of (unbiased) numbers out of it. If it's $800 to ship to a drag strip, I'll put up $100 if others can make up the rest.
Water/Alky injection sounds like the real ticket for this setup. If you could touch 8 psi without much knock retard that thing will flat out scream.

Make a camera mount and point it to the speedo and boost gauge if you can, that'll tell us a lot.

Again, sweet car, sweet vid. I wish I had caught this thread sooner.
I really want the kit! Too bad mine is only my DD, my wife won't let me go that far (even though I can buy it outright right now... DOH)
I haven't been on here much lately because I've been busy (of course working) and designing and ordering more parts for my 35psi capable turbo V6 Fiero (what Z28? Hell... find me a ZR1! ). The Camaro only gets minor love for now, but damn it's still a great car.

NOTE TO ALL FUTURE V6 STS OWNERS: If you have a Corsa cat-back and want to sell it, pm me. I might be able to get approval from my wife if I get a less expensive used Corsa (vs. $1050 new). If I can't have the RMT, then I MUST have the Corsa.
ALLTRBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:15 AM   #231
Z Madness

Drives: 2010, 2000, 1971 Camaros
Nice to see you back. I will work on a mount. I just did the data logs for Trifecta to work out the tune. I had ordered some NGK Iridiums (thanks ROD1) since STS sent me the wrong ones. Put them in last night and did the logging today. Also found out that I have the speed limiter at 118mph. That sucked. Anyway, the water/meth injection will be a little while. STS is putting together the kit and will send out when ready. However, I plan to DYNO the car this coming week, Friday or Saturday I hope. I went to check out a shop on Friday but they had the DYNO set-up where the rear of the car is near the back of the shop so according to STS, this will not be good for the rear intake. I've got a couple other places in mind so once I hear back from Trifecta, I can schedule the run. Check back on Saturday!
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:04 AM   #232
ROD1
Retired

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS V6 #1301 DOB 3/23/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
I haven't been on here much lately because I've been busy (of course working) and designing and ordering more parts for my 35psi capable turbo V6 Fiero
New thread demanded in "other cars forum thread". Redirect posted here! I really want to see this. Way cool. You do anything with the suspension?
ROD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:36 AM   #233
darwin

Drives: 1SS/RS 2010 Camaro
I cant wait till I get mine so I can see what times on the track these cars can get.
darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 05:16 PM   #234
spoone123
Next is SS camaro.....

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS, Rally yellow
Keep up the good work Z madness, I love that Cyber gray and all the cosmetic mods you done to it. Love that quiet turbo sound. Can't even hear it in side the cabin, which is good if i'm cursing listen to music. Have you had any heat problem? my friend car over heat if he drive over certain miles. That's what I'm worry about if i put this in my car, and drive from NC to FL.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:06 PM   #235
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
How about some 0 to 60 MPH runs? Any chance of that?

Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:45 PM   #236
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoone123 View Post
Keep up the good work Z madness, I love that Cyber gray and all the cosmetic mods you done to it. Love that quiet turbo sound. Can't even hear it in side the cabin, which is good if i'm cursing listen to music. Have you had any heat problem? my friend car over heat if he drive over certain miles. That's what I'm worry about if i put this in my car, and drive from NC to FL.
Since the turbo isn't in the engine bay, heat should not be an issue...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:11 PM   #237
Z Madness

Drives: 2010, 2000, 1971 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Since the turbo isn't in the engine bay, heat should not be an issue...
Actually, its pretty loud in the cabin. Particularly the oil pump. At idle, the oil pump is very noticeable. When driving, the turbo is quite noticible from in the car, particularly the spooling and the wastegate but its actually pretty cool. My stereo has been pretty much off while I am still in the test and tune process, but I don't think you would mind hearing that turbo spooling under load!

And I agree with SCRMING, heat not an issue since Turbo is in the rear. We don't have FAR to drive on the island but do spend a bit of time in stop and go traffic. Plan to do an around the island cruise on Sunday so will let you know if heat is an issue. If you are driving on the freeway between NC and FL, can't see heat from the Turbo as an issue unless you are boosting at 7 psi the whole way, but then you probably have other "heat" issues to worry about.
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:33 PM   #238
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY
...this is my addiction!

Drives: SOLD
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY is offline   Reply With Quote