Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-14-2017, 01:48 PM   #127
alice

Drives: 2010 camaro limited edition turbo
Thanks Werx!! Great to hear no other issues. The cruise control may be linked to the EBCM and since you used the LLT ECBM instead of the LFX, ( and that would require a lot of extra work) That could be the reason the cruise control does not work. But there is one other possibility. If you did not change the BRAKE PEDAL POSITION SENSOR to the LFX version, that might be the issue. I installed the LFX version and wired it to the LFX ECU so it would work as designed. I am about ready to start my transplant and verify. I will let you know. I, too, stayed with the LLT EBCM to simplify things. In any event, I will look at the GM schematics and see if I can identify the problem with the cruise control. Sounds like a great conversion!! Thanks for the info. Let us know what DTC's/codes you have. List all of them because you may have several and we will sort through them.
alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:36 PM   #128
Werx

Drives: 2011 Black LLT V6 Camaro
okay. will do. Thanks
Werx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 08:32 AM   #129
alice

I looked at the GM electrical schematics concerning the cruise control. First, it does not appear that the EBCM has any direct or indirect relationship with the cruise control function. However, the Brake Pedal Position Sensor may be the culprit. The LFX BPPS has an extra circuit that inputs to the ECU and unfortunately, GM does not reveal if this secondary circuit may or may not be related to that function internal in the ECU. I suspicion this as a potential problem, however, until you read your codes, if any, I cannot define it. The cruise control circuits are identical on 2010-2014 Camaro, so no obvious issue there. Please post any and ALL DTC's (codes) you may have and I will review them. I am still finishing final touches to my conversion so I have not been able to drive the car yet. As you know, I have installed the LFX BPPS in my LLT and wired it up to the Delphi ECU, so if my cruise control works, we can assume that is your issue, barring any other problem you may have with your car. Please let me know your codes and we can work this out.

Last edited by alice; 06-17-2017 at 08:38 AM. Reason: added info
Old 06-19-2017, 06:19 AM   #130
alice

I did my first critical test for the LFX to LLT transplant. After priming the oil system transmission system and installing coolant and all other fluids, I installed the new battery. Turned the key and before the second revolution the engine came to life! Checked for leaks and none. Warmed up the car and checked all gauges for normal functions, all perfect. Hooked up the scanner and checked for DTC's, NONE, except for a mobilizer key which we knew we would have due to Vats disable. Went through a half a dozen engine starts and verified all car functions working. A/C blowing cold and absolutely no issues whatsoever at this point. A total and complete success thus far. Engine extremely smooth and extremely quiet.

Next final test will be to drive the car. It's going to take a day or two to put on all the shields guards, Wheels, hood and front fascia and tighten everything up before I can test drive the vehicle. Stay tuned guys.
Attached Images

Last edited by alice; 06-19-2017 at 07:10 AM. Reason: added pics
Old 06-19-2017, 09:01 AM   #131
tlavoie87

Drives: 2010 LLT Supercharged
Woohoo.....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

"Built Not Bought!'

Sponsors:
OverKill Motorsports
McNasty Customs
tlavoie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:02 PM   #132
Werx

Drives: 2011 Black LLT V6 Camaro
Congrats Monty. Can't wait to hear your input on how it drives. Have fun!!!
Werx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:06 PM   #133
alice

LFX engine and automatic transmission is installed and running in my 2010 Twin Turbo Limited Edition LLT Camaro!
Smooth as glass and much quieter than the LLT. 75 miles on the new assembly. NO DTC'S! only one issue to resolve and that is the cruise control does not function but I'm working on that and should have it resolved soon. traction control works perfectly with the original EBCM which was a concern of mine. Couldn't ask for a better conversion. Car drives completely different. Will is sending me a tune for the FI and we should have a feasible transplant project for the LLT.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:16 PM   #134
tlavoie87

Drives: 2010 LLT Supercharged
You are the Man a complete Success !!!!!

"Built Not Bought!'

Sponsors:
OverKill Motorsports
McNasty Customs
tlavoie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:04 PM   #135
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by alice View Post
LFX engine and automatic transmission is installed and running in my 2010 Twin Turbo Limited Edition LLT Camaro!
Smooth as glass and much quieter than the LLT. 75 miles on the new assembly. NO DTC'S! only one issue to resolve and that is the cruise control does not function but I'm working on that and should have it resolved soon. traction control works perfectly with the original EBCM which was a concern of mine. Couldn't ask for a better conversion. Car drives completely different. Will is sending me a tune for the FI and we should have a feasible transplant project for the LLT.
Would you mind elaborating? I ask because this may be something I'd do down the road if it came to replacing/ or a conversion.

Congrats btw
Old 06-27-2017, 08:52 PM   #136
Kid

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT, 68 Camaro RS
Congrats on the success!

Quick question...I'm assuming the ecu swap will show the new vin at emissions testing?

Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 06:27 AM   #137
alice

The VIN will match the new ECU and not original vehicle. For example, if I plug in my scanner into the ODB2 port, it will show a 2014 Camaro LFX with the VIN number matching the 2014 ECU. It will not show my original 2010 VIN number.

I have attached several pictures of the completed project however I still have to install the new strut Tower brace that is currently out for Powder Coating. My next step is to understand the black of cruise control function and attempt to correct that. Once that is resolved we have a perfect car that communicates 100% efficient between the ECU TCU and all of the body control modules on the vehicle itself and that was my original concern.
Attached Images

Last edited by alice; 06-28-2017 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Added pictures
Old 06-28-2017, 07:08 AM   #138
Kid

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT, 68 Camaro RS
Damn, that won't work for me. They check the vin for emissions in CT, to make sure it matches the notice from the state.

Good luck with the car, it is absolutely insane! You gonna hit the track soon?

Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 09:52 AM   #139
alice

LFX transplant into LLT

Attached Images

Last edited by alice; 06-28-2017 at 06:55 PM.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:59 AM   #140
alice

LFX twin turbo transplant to LLT

Attached Images

Last edited by alice; 06-28-2017 at 06:57 PM.