Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-10-2017, 08:24 AM   #113
Kid

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT, 68 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlavoie87 View Post
We figured to swap just the ecu and retain the LLT engine itself we would need.. ECU from lfx, TB from LFX, Maf from LFX, HPFP from LFx, Wiring harness from LFX..
Hmm...
So, since I have a 6 speed, the tranny and cruise should not be an issue? It sounds like I could just swap the above list into my LLT, and have full function, and the bonus of more tuning capabilities with HPT.
Old 06-10-2017, 10:44 AM   #114
tlavoie87

Drives: 2010 LLT Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
Hmm...
So, since I have a 6 speed, the tranny and cruise should not be an issue? It sounds like I could just swap the above list into my LLT, and have full function, and the bonus of more tuning capabilities with HPT.

thats the plan.. some vats removal and minor changes we should be good.. will be testing in the next few weeks

"Built Not Bought!'

Sponsors:
OverKill Motorsports
APDEG
tlavoie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 12:16 PM   #115
Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlavoie87 View Post
thats the plan.. some vats removal and minor changes we should be good.. will be testing in the next few weeks
Awesome news! I would hate to ditch my entire engine, just to get the ECU that should have been installed from the start.
Old 06-10-2017, 05:02 PM   #116
tlavoie87

ya thats my thoughts too.. my engine Runs VERY well just want better tuning

"Built Not Bought!'

Sponsors:
OverKill Motorsports
APDEG
Old 06-12-2017, 09:31 AM   #117
tlavoie87

My lfx motor and ECU got delivered today ..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

"Built Not Bought!'

Sponsors:
OverKill Motorsports
APDEG
Old 06-12-2017, 09:38 AM   #118
Kid

Are you going to strip the harnesses and intake, then sell the long block?
Old 06-12-2017, 03:37 PM   #119
tlavoie87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
Are you going to strip the harnesses and intake, then sell the long block?
No I'm using the electronics for the ECU conversion and then building the block for a drop in later

"Built Not Bought!'

Sponsors:
OverKill Motorsports
APDEG
Old 06-12-2017, 07:43 PM   #120
alice

Drives: 2010 camaro limited edition turbo
Looks great! This should be an exciting project. I'm less than a week away from completing my transplant!
alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:07 AM   #121
Werx

Drives: 2011 Black LLT V6 Camaro
Sorry for the late reply. Been out of town. Everything works on the car except the cruise control. Paddle shifters work fine. Maybe it's something with the braking system? I'll hook up my little code reader to it today. But for the most part everything else works fine. I get the impression that you are going to build a monster of a v6 in the near future tlavoie87.
Werx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 12:48 PM   #122
alice

Thanks Werx!! Great to hear no other issues. The cruise control may be linked to the EBCM and since you used the LLT ECBM instead of the LFX, ( and that would require a lot of extra work) That could be the reason the cruise control does not work. But there is one other possibility. If you did not change the BRAKE PEDAL POSITION SENSOR to the LFX version, that might be the issue. I installed the LFX version and wired it to the LFX ECU so it would work as designed. I am about ready to start my transplant and verify. I will let you know. I, too, stayed with the LLT EBCM to simplify things. In any event, I will look at the GM schematics and see if I can identify the problem with the cruise control. Sounds like a great conversion!! Thanks for the info. Let us know what DTC's/codes you have. List all of them because you may have several and we will sort through them.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:36 PM   #123
Werx

Drives: 2011 Black LLT V6 Camaro
okay. will do. Thanks
Werx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:32 AM   #124
alice

I looked at the GM electrical schematics concerning the cruise control. First, it does not appear that the EBCM has any direct or indirect relationship with the cruise control function. However, the Brake Pedal Position Sensor may be the culprit. The LFX BPPS has an extra circuit that inputs to the ECU and unfortunately, GM does not reveal if this secondary circuit may or may not be related to that function internal in the ECU. I suspicion this as a potential problem, however, until you read your codes, if any, I cannot define it. The cruise control circuits are identical on 2010-2014 Camaro, so no obvious issue there. Please post any and ALL DTC's (codes) you may have and I will review them. I am still finishing final touches to my conversion so I have not been able to drive the car yet. As you know, I have installed the LFX BPPS in my LLT and wired it up to the Delphi ECU, so if my cruise control works, we can assume that is your issue, barring any other problem you may have with your car. Please let me know your codes and we can work this out.

Last edited by alice; 06-17-2017 at 07:38 AM. Reason: added info
Old 06-19-2017, 05:19 AM   #125
alice

I did my first critical test for the LFX to LLT transplant. After priming the oil system transmission system and installing coolant and all other fluids, I installed the new battery. Turned the key and before the second revolution the engine came to life! Checked for leaks and none. Warmed up the car and checked all gauges for normal functions, all perfect. Hooked up the scanner and checked for DTC's, NONE, except for a mobilizer key which we knew we would have due to Vats disable. Went through a half a dozen engine starts and verified all car functions working. A/C blowing cold and absolutely no issues whatsoever at this point. A total and complete success thus far. Engine extremely smooth and extremely quiet.

Next final test will be to drive the car. It's going to take a day or two to put on all the shields guards, Wheels, hood and front fascia and tighten everything up before I can test drive the vehicle. Stay tuned guys.
Attached Images

Last edited by alice; 06-19-2017 at 06:10 AM. Reason: added pics
Old 06-19-2017, 08:01 AM   #126
tlavoie87

Woohoo.....

"Built Not Bought!'

Sponsors:
OverKill Motorsports
APDEG