Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 01-31-2009, 10:36 AM   #85
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray View Post
one of the many things that my greasy sales guy didn't know was if the ambient lighting or the four pack auxilary gauges came with the RS package, does anyone know if it will?
No. They come with the 2LT and 2SS. If you get the 2LT or 2SS with the RS package you will still get the ambient lighting and gauges.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:06 AM   #86
Kray
2G1FJ1EJ9A9110138

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
No. They come with the 2LT and 2SS. If you get the 2LT or 2SS with the RS package you will still get the ambient lighting and gauges.
That's not the answer I was hoping for LOL.....I ordered the 1SS/RS
Kray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:25 AM   #87
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Just wondering, I have a 6 digit order number and it says in one of the order codes, R6P: EARLY ORDER ACTIVITY VEHICLE, WHat does that mean?

Also at the top of the Sheet it says GM Workbench... Does this means I have a confirmed early order and should get one of those welcoms kits?
Old 01-31-2009, 11:30 AM   #88
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Just wondering, I have a 6 digit order number and it says in one of the order codes, R6P: EARLY ORDER ACTIVITY VEHICLE, WHat does that mean?

Also at the top of the Sheet it says GM Workbench... Does this means I have a confirmed early order and should get one of those welcoms kits?
First question, see this thread.

Second, yea, you should get at least one of the letters.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:39 AM   #89
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
First question, see this thread.

Second, yea, you should get at least one of the letters.
Thanks, somehow I missed that thread when I did my search.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:05 AM   #90
orange_5thgen

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS BadAss 6 Speed
Came back from the Houston Auto Show this afternoon and in person the Camaro looks SA WEET! First time I've seen it in person. They had a yellow 1SS/RS and what I think was a Silver Ice LT or LS. Pretty sure it was a 1ss becuase I did not se the 4 pack gauges. The SS was roped off so you could only come within a few feet and you were able to sit in the other Camaro. I am not a fan of yellow, but I would have taken that SS right then if I could. It looked nice! I was not too big on the Silver Ice Metallic though. Been there, seen that, but the car still looked nice. There was a constant crowd of people around these two cars. I did not notice this anywhere else on the entire auto show floor. You almost had to wait in line to sit in the LS/LT. I am 6 feet tall and when I sat in the back the top of my hair, what little I have left, touched the headliner, so if you're over 6 feet you will be a little cramped. But than again it is a sports car. Front seats seemed very roomy. I asked to have the halos lit on the SS and when the guy turned them on he said they were activated by the first click on the light switch, so it seemed to me the halos are activated with the driving or utility lights on outside. He also told me the SS with RS package will have red SS badges with gold trim and the SS WITHOUT the RS will have gold SS badges. GM should not have a problem selling this car. People seemed very excited about it. Not anything new, but I will attach a couple pics. WARNING!, WARNING! I am NOT a professional photographer and I also tried to resize them so they would not be too large in file size. So here goes!
Attached Images

orange_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:28 AM   #91
pfflyer

Drives: 10 SS 6M IOM
I just spoke to my dealer on Saturday regarding order numbers and welcome kits. There is so much talk on the forums regarding orders, order numbers, and these letters going out that I had to pin them down as to what they know, and what is true. I found out that my vehicle is at status 2050, which is "order changed" because I changed the color and some options on January 15th. They also told me that they have to print out the welcome material and I could have it if I wanted it, whatever that means, and that GM has confirmed that due to the overwhelming response for the SS, they will build a 50/50 mix to insure that the enthusiast gets their SS and not have to change their order to an RS V6. When production starts on March 16th, the plant will begin assigning status updates to orders and there is no determination as to the flow of V6's and V8's yet. We all need to make sure that we are checking with the dealer in the latter half of March to see if the status changes are coming through from the plant. Status 3100 is critical as the vehicle is assigned a sequence. It will move to 3300 which is "vehicle broadcast for production" and will be assigned a production date. After that 3800 is the status for "vehicle produced" and most times the vehicle is in transit by the time the dealer gets that and he'll have an arrival date. My O8 CTS took about 9 days to get from Lansing MI to NY. I also had the exact build date, shipping date, and arrival date to the dealer about 3 weeks before it came in. Again, your dealer will not have any status changes until production starts. Most everyone right now should be at 1100 "order placed at dealer", or possibly 1101, "order accepted by GM. Without making any changes, you should be at 2001 "order generated to dealer", which means you have an order number. if you made changes, you'll sit at 2030/2050 until production starts. Sorry for the long post....
pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 02:09 PM   #92
StarkyLuv
Future 5th Gen Owner

Drives: 2006 Chevy Equinox AWD/LT
I ordered my on 11/25/08. Still no "Welcome Kit"
StarkyLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 02:44 PM   #93
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffny09 View Post
congrats but only hot women can order a camaro ok lol
i thought womens rating points went up instanly when seen driving a Camaro .

But let me clarify a bit before i am flamed. if we use the scale of 1 to 10 .if a girl that is rated normally at 5 is seen in a Camaro it goes to 7 for a V6 and a 9 for the V8 .A 1 rated goes to........well i dont think anything cant help a 1,not even a Bugati
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:49 PM   #94
Camar0wn3d
formerly "wh0rsep0wer"

Drives: 2016 1SS Summit White
Have any of you moved since your last GM/Chevy purchase? My welcome kit went to my old address (Father's house) that I used when I bought my '02 Camaro but my current address is tied to the order in my paperwork. I'm gonna check on that.

Anyway, that might explain why some of y'all haven't gotten your welcome kits.
Camar0wn3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:22 PM   #95
pfflyer

Drives: 10 SS 6M IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkyLuv View Post
I ordered my on 11/25/08. Still no "Welcome Kit"
I ordered on 10/15 and thats what prompted me to finally ask the dealer. I would ask as it looks like they initiate the mailing of those. I would also confirm that they have an order number and a status number to give you.
pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:39 PM   #96
NVMY68SS
Drives #296

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS - 350/5 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfflyer View Post
I ordered on 10/15 and thats what prompted me to finally ask the dealer. I would ask as it looks like they initiate the mailing of those. I would also confirm that they have an order number and a status number to give you.
The dealers aren't initiating anything. Most of them didn't even know these were coming until the customer complaints got started a while back due to the marketing fiasco.

It's right on the homepage that customers should be receiving them 60 days after ordering. That's not happening. Why? Who really knows.

If you haven't gotten one, call your dealers people and get them to run it down. All they have to do is make a call.
NVMY68SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:40 AM   #97
philthy

Drives: 1971 Monte Carlo/2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh0rsep0wer View Post
Have any of you moved since your last GM/Chevy purchase? My welcome kit went to my old address (Father's house) that I used when I bought my '02 Camaro but my current address is tied to the order in my paperwork. I'm gonna check on that.

Anyway, that might explain why some of y'all haven't gotten your welcome kits.
Mine went to my dad's house. We have the same name, but the funny thing is, I have never lived there. I don't know why GM did not use the address provided to them instead of looking up the name in their database and coming up with another GM owner. But, I get a lot of his Cadillac info sent to my house in error also.

Now, if i could just get them to send the bills for the Camaro to his house.....
philthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:58 PM   #98
Kray
2G1FJ1EJ9A9110138

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
i thought womens rating points went up instanly when seen driving a Camaro .

But let me clarify a bit before i am flamed. if we use the scale of 1 to 10 .if a girl that is rated normally at 5 is seen in a Camaro it goes to 7 for a V6 and a 9 for the V8 .A 1 rated goes to........well i dont think anything cant help a 1,not even a Bugati
LMAO.....I don't think I should even comment on this for fear of making everyone think I am full of myself...LOL....but thanks for letting me in on the rating system
Kray is offline   Reply With Quote