Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-04-2011, 08:25 AM   #43
Kahdir

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
The Boss 302’s were gone for the most part in March and April, Ford has seen to it that the Boss was shipped before the racing season started. The increase in sales is not from the Boss 302 unless Ford has initiated a Job #2 (and that is also possible). I have heard of Mustang's sitting on lots for 100 days admittedly only on this website. I was led to a dealership by a forum member here the last time this was brought up. I ran the VINs and pulled the window stickers up to find the build dates. Most of the cars were built the month/ 2 months prior yet they have sat on the lot for 3 months. I though it was extremely hard to believe that a 2012 Mustang had been sitting on the lot, longer than it had been in production... but anything is possible...
6 deliveries in PA (Chester County) in July, the only earlier was American Muscle's in June.

I'm sure only companies and club racers got theirs sooner
Kahdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:54 AM   #44
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahdir View Post
6 deliveries in PA (Chester County) in July, the only earlier was American Muscle's in June.

I'm sure only companies and club racers got theirs sooner
That leads me to believe that there is a Job #2 or the "Share of Nation" has finally been initiated. This means the original production number speculation was incorrect. It looks like it will be closer to the 1970 Boss's production numbers, the initial lump sum was shipped before the season started in March/April and the remaining 25% was allocated by share of nation. The V6 and GT's production was even delayed due to Boss 302 and GT500 production. There were several dealerships having big allocations and it seemed almost impossible to only produce 4000. In most cases, the Boss's were outnumbering the GT500 on lots at a 3:1 ratio. AAFEES are finally getting some Boss 302's and GT500's but you have to have your name drawn in order to buy. I will take a picture of the poster tonight before I go home. I was told that AAFEES would not get any Boss 302's until the share of nation and... now is that time. Most were under the impression that the 2012 Boss was following the 1969 Boss to the "T" and production would be kept very low. I cannot wait to see the 2013 Boss with the new fascia...
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:23 AM   #45
camarolt76
2SS/RS Black/CGM Stripes

Drives: 88 Iroc, 76 Camaro, 2010 2SS/RS
Good to see that Camaro sales are still strong!
2SS/RS Black with CGM Rally Stripes (#8575) Built on 8th of May, Delivered 10 June 2009.

camarolt76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:07 PM   #46
FirstandFifthGen

Drives: 68 Camaro, 48 Chevy truck, 36 Chevy
Mustangs seems to be having lots of issues...tranny discussion below, and major issues with their #8 cylinder on other news notes. Two guys I work with are having these shifting problems, and they also are taking all engine reprogram mods off, in case they come across engine issues and they want to be sure Ford warranty covers it.

DETROIT (AP) -- Safety investigators are looking into possible transmission problems in some 2011 and 2012 Ford Mustang models.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's Office of Defects says on its website Sunday that it has received 32 complaints about an unexpected inability to shift into gear on Mustangs with manual transmissions.
Some reports allege the problem occurred while merging into high-speed traffic. The preliminary investigation involves 26,000 vehicles.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:48 AM   #47
thePill
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstandFifthGen View Post
Mustangs seems to be having lots of issues...tranny discussion below, and major issues with their #8 cylinder on other news notes. Two guys I work with are having these shifting problems, and they also are taking all engine reprogram mods off, in case they come across engine issues and they want to be sure Ford warranty covers it.

DETROIT (AP) -- Safety investigators are looking into possible transmission problems in some 2011 and 2012 Ford Mustang models.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's Office of Defects says on its website Sunday that it has received 32 complaints about an unexpected inability to shift into gear on Mustangs with manual transmissions.
Some reports allege the problem occurred while merging into high-speed traffic. The preliminary investigation involves 26,000 vehicles.
32 complaints out of the entire Gettag population is somewhat of a small issue. The report is incorrect in the amount of vehicles that were equipped with the MT82. The V6 also uses the MT82 along with the Ford Transit. The number of MT82 Mustangs would be closer to 80,000/90,000. I believe the problem is that people do not know the transmissions have skip shift. If I was unaware that such a thing existed, I would wonder why the vehicle wasn't shifting. You will never hear the results of the investigation, after they discover it was driver error brought on by a fuel saving feature. This is why I bought my car when I did... In fear of technology that malfunctions or actually impedes regular operation. Such as electric power steering, magnetic ride control, electronic launch control, traction control and anti-lock brakes. These are intended to make a bad driver better but nothing can simulate great driving better than a great driver. A recent C&D report shows that electric launch control is one to two tenths slower than an experienced driver in the same vehicle (and multiple cars were tested). I'm glad I got mine before the mandatory back up camera or mandatory HUD. Pretty soon manual transmissions will be deemed a safety hazard and a driver distraction.... That's what the NHTSA will take away from this investigation.... that manuals are dangerous in general..
Old 08-09-2011, 07:32 AM   #48
Kahdir

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
32 complaints out of the entire Gettag population is somewhat of a small issue. The report is incorrect in the amount of vehicles that were equipped with the MT82. The V6 also uses the MT82 along with the Ford Transit. The number of MT82 Mustangs would be closer to 80,000/90,000. I believe the problem is that people do not know the transmissions have skip shift. If I was unaware that such a thing existed, I would wonder why the vehicle wasn't shifting. You will never hear the results of the investigation, after they discover it was driver error brought on by a fuel saving feature. This is why I bought my car when I did... In fear of technology that malfunctions or actually impedes regular operation. Such as electric power steering, magnetic ride control, electronic launch control, traction control and anti-lock brakes. These are intended to make a bad driver better but nothing can simulate great driving better than a great driver. A recent C&D report shows that electric launch control is one to two tenths slower than an experienced driver in the same vehicle (and multiple cars were tested). I'm glad I got mine before the mandatory back up camera or mandatory HUD. Pretty soon manual transmissions will be deemed a safety hazard and a driver distraction.... That's what the NHTSA will take away from this investigation.... that manuals are dangerous in general..
Manual transmission won't disappear for a long time (20+ years)... auto manufacturers will be forced to remove the CAGS and go back to charging a gas guzzler tax, which will reduce demand... giving the manufacturers the notion to charge more for manual transmissions -eventually killing manual transmissions.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the future self-drivin' cars so I can safely check email on my way to the office.
Kahdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:07 AM   #49
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Does anyone know the total 2011 production for Camaros? When did 2011 production end - were any built in July?

--- nevermind - I see it now in the first post...

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:09 AM   #50
Cam#7

Drives: 2011 2LT IBM / SIM stripe 6M
I believe 106,xxx were built and production for the 2011 ceased on July 1st.
Cam#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:04 AM   #51
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Seriously the Pill, you always claim victory for the Mustang over the Camaro (and have always fallen short) and always come out with some nice spin to make it sound like there is nothing to see here..........

On the Dodge note they don't really view it as a direct competitor to the Mustang and Camaro but an alternative for someone who wants something a bit different. They have no issue with their lower production numbers as from my understanding that is what that program is built around.

As far as the 6th Gen Camaro its going to be fine, I don't know why you are declaring victory for the next Mustang over the next Camaro when really we know so little about both. It can go either way as always.......
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:40 AM   #52
thePill
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc7000 View Post
Seriously the Pill, you always claim victory for the Mustang over the Camaro (and have always fallen short) and always come out with some nice spin to make it sound like there is nothing to see here..........

On the Dodge note they don't really view it as a direct competitor to the Mustang and Camaro but an alternative for someone who wants something a bit different. They have no issue with their lower production numbers as from my understanding that is what that program is built around.

As far as the 6th Gen Camaro its going to be fine, I don't know why you are declaring victory for the next Mustang over the next Camaro when really we know so little about both. It can go either way as always.......
I wouldn't claim victory for either car at this point. Sales are horrible... The only advantages the Mustang had was that it was successful in 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008. Sales tapered off in 2009 but it still continues to sell at the Camaro's pace. The Challenger enjoys an advantage because it has the highest profit margin of the 3 with the limit in production and the higher MSRP. The Camaro's sales are currently as good as the sales of the decade old Mustang. Numbers for the first year should have been 150k, that would have been a decent year. It took Ford 3 consecutive years at a sales volume of 150k average to make a profit. After three years, the Camaro is just now breaching 200k units sold. Here is the real spin, there really isn't nothing to see here. The Camaro's sales for a new model are not impressive. The Mustang's sales are bad so what would that make the Camaro's current sales? The Camaro does create excitement but sadly it is limited to this website...
Old 08-10-2011, 03:26 AM   #53
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Quote:
I wouldn't claim victory for either car at this point. Sales are horrible... The only advantages the Mustang had was that it was successful in 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008. Sales tapered off in 2009 but it still continues to sell at the Camaro's pace. The Challenger enjoys an advantage because it has the highest profit margin of the 3 with the limit in production and the higher MSRP. The Camaro's sales are currently as good as the sales of the decade old Mustang. Numbers for the first year should have been 150k, that would have been a decent year. It took Ford 3 consecutive years at a sales volume of 150k average to make a profit. After three years, the Camaro is just now breaching 200k units sold. Here is the real spin, there really isn't nothing to see here. The Camaro's sales for a new model are not impressive. The Mustang's sales are bad so what would that make the Camaro's current sales? The Camaro does create excitement but sadly it is limited to this website...
i disagree with that last bit after owning one sence may and not to beat a dead horse but you own a mustang so.....

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:05 AM   #54
10spokess
Wild and Cammed

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
So that means that there are more 5th gens out there than there are the Remodeled 4th gens 98-02 Thats insane. (212,370 4th gens, 236,329 5th gens)
Old 08-10-2011, 07:37 AM   #55
Cam#7

Drives: 2011 2LT IBM / SIM stripe 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
So that means that there are more 5th gens out there than there are the Remodeled 4th gens 98-02 Thats insane. (212,370 4th gens, 236,329 5th gens)
Not sure what you mean by "Remodeled 4th gens". But from what I can gather there were over 650,000 Gen4 cars built.
Cam#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:18 AM   #56
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam#7 View Post
Not sure what you mean by "Remodeled 4th gens". But from what I can gather there were over 650,000 Gen4 cars built.
Probably means MCE'd 4th gens. MCE was for '98 MY.