Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-01-2009, 12:47 PM   #141
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blownhotrodder View Post
I missed the law saying modern muscle cars can't have quality interiors. Go drive a C6 vette. Interior is very plasticy and creaks. For the money these cars are costing these days there is no excuse to have a cheap interior. Dont make excuses for a car having cheap interior just because its a performance car.
When I sat in it I was very impressed with the design and layout of the interior in general. I guess its just a matter of opinion.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:49 PM   #142
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Your money..spend it how you like. If you dont like the interior..keep it moving and buy something that satisfies you.
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:06 PM   #143
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Never said I didnt like it. Havent sat in one yet. Looking forward to it though.
Blownhotrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:11 PM   #144
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
Your money..spend it how you like. If you dont like the interior..keep it moving and buy something that satisfies you.
Amen.

To everyone that's talking down about the interior and hasn't seen it or sat in it how can u justify saying bad things about it? U are letting others judge for you. Wait and see your self before downing the quality of plastics and fit and finish.

Question for the op. How many positive things have u said about this car? From what I've read and been told just about every post has been negative torwards it. What's the deal?
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:43 PM   #145
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
In many ways I'm glad I'm waiting for the Vert/HUD version to come out. Every car makes changes from the 1st year to the 2d & 3rd year, whether it be colors, interior options/layout - some kind of change WILL occur between these Gen 5's & next year's. As GM gets more feedback, the fine tuning process will continue...

I'm still hoping that by the time the vert comes out, the ABL will be completely across the dash.

Many sites have said many pro's & cons regarding this car, but nearly all of the cons are regarding the interior. Hopefully there won't be as many "cons" over the next 2-3 model years...
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:10 PM   #146
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
The gt500 seats were fugly
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:35 PM   #147
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
Im gonna respectably disagree bobby, the Camaro was basically a complete lone design! just because the same basic architecture was used. Everything is different!!
They used so much from the G8 they couldnt even get a navi in the dash.

Your talking to a chevy purist who cried when they started putting chevy small blocks in pontiacs many years ago..

They saved a ton of cash by using g8 stuff.

Was it Lutz who said only us (gm) can use the highest quality plastics and make it look cheap?

-bobby
Old 03-01-2009, 02:40 PM   #148
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
Yes but again we are talking the inner skeleton. PS dont fool yourself navi isnt offered so you will use onstar driving and directions.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:47 PM   #149
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
They used so much from the G8 they couldnt even get a navi in the dash.
That's not correct. They chose not to put Navigation in the dash so they could give us things like an LS3 for so 'cheap'. The reason the G8 can't have it is because of some ridiculous viewing-angle standard. The position of the screen right out of Australia didn't conform to US standards. But that has nothing to do with why the Camaro doesn't have one, because they're completely different dashes.

As for the OP...I think you may have set your hopes just a touch high...many people have commented and confirmed that the interior materials are of Malibu quality. I'd like to echo what someone said -- if you were expecting a CTS rendering......... When I sat in it, I thought layout was amazing, and the seating position and views were just absolutely fantastic...but that review will be different from person to person.

The only thing I would lodge against it is the gunmetal/silver plastic bezels. I'd like them to be skinnied-up a little and chromed. But other than that...this car's interior hasn't regressed in terms of GM interior materials and quality. It's just a different layout -- and reviews of that will vary....
Old 03-01-2009, 02:49 PM   #150
ArcAngel

I would actually like the piano black that the Camaro Black had!! I wonder if that will become an option
Old 03-01-2009, 03:54 PM   #151
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
I'm hoping the OP is wrong and the interior is fine, but since GM decided only Mid-Westerners and East Coasters were fit to sit in the car and put the cars off limits at the LA Auto Show, and since this car is taking forever and a day to get to dealerships, all I have to go off of is the opinions of others. While I find the exterior design to be the perfect balance of a modern interpretation of the original design, the interior tips a little too far on the "retro" and "style for style's sake" side of things. I'm willing to overlook that only if it is well built out of quality materials. If the quality is Malibu-level, I couldn't be happier. If not...then I might look elsewhere, depending on the level of failure. If there is one thing GM should have learned from their car sales decline is that average consumers (aka not Camaro/GM fanboys) want a solid feeling, comfortable interior. I ask of everyone who doesn't think a good interior is important: What good is fantastic handling if the seats throw you out of the car in a turn? What good is insane speed if you get the feeling it will all rattle itself apart getting there? If the Cobalt SS gets Recaros with high quality grippy surfaces, and the Malibu has a perfectly competitive, solid interior starting below $20K, then I don't think those things are too much to ask for our mid-$20K to $40K performance coupe.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:55 PM   #152
ArcAngel

Hey I resemble that remake LOL!!!
Old 03-01-2009, 07:40 PM   #153
Rocks RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
I sat in the ones a the Cleveland show and once I adjusted it for me, back and low, it was nice. I have never had a Camaro, but always wanted one. I do not know how they were before but it was nice. It looks deceving because of the bulge and the hood, but it is not bad at all.

I thought the inside was very nice. well refined. Many options without all the buttons. I had always wondered where the seat warmer buttons were and now aI know. They are well placed with the temp controls.

I was more than pleased with everything.

Sporting MRT V1, Hurst short throw, and Injen long tube and loving it!!!

Also, over 125,000 miles and going.
Rocks RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:51 PM   #154
Eyeguy2020

Drives: Mustang BUT Camaro soon!
Well, i was excited to get there, i was happy to actually SIT in the car, i have been waiting for 3 years to do that. I was happy as can be, i know the production models will be even tweeked more.

I still want one, orange will be the color
Eyeguy2020 is offline   Reply With Quote