Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-02-2011, 04:34 PM   #43
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvincent4708 View Post
Oh I'll be in dover soon. Just look/listen for the obnoxiously loud white ss/rs with the lsx badge on the side.

Old 09-02-2011, 05:24 PM   #44
Wizard

Drives: 2010 Black on Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuhKoDuh View Post
Lucky lucky, texas cops are not nice! lol
Not necessarily true! Last year my wife and I were cruising across west Texas at a rate "slightly above" the posted speed when a DPS cruiser came over the rise in front of us. By the time he was turned around, I was on the shoulder, with all my paperwork in my hand.

When he got around to asking why I was driving as fast as I was, I told him "'cause it's fun!" He and my wife were laughing so hard I thought they would hurt themselves.

After going back to his cruiser for a minute or two, he came back with a "warning notice" (with no speed listed on it), and told me to "behave" the rest of my trip.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:59 PM   #45
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
There's no setting people like you straight, Dire Wolf. Ya just gotta pee in the pool and no one appreciates it except the other perverts like you. You, however, love the warm water you create and bask in it.
Go ahead and keep on being a killbuzz, the rest of us will enjoy life and snicker at you behind your back. If I brought those 3 LEOs a moment of levity in an otherwise serious situation, then yay me.
Dire Wolf. More like whiny puppy if you ask me.
You go girl!..set em straight.
Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:19 PM   #46
HondaPowered

Drives: '09 Honda Civic LX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
So while working a head on collision an officer takes time to cut up and be funny and also tells a driver to do a burnout which could possibly make the driver lose control of their vehicle?

Hmmm. Okay whatever.

Dream camaro is either a 1/2SS with RS, black with red stripes, or red with white stripes.

No rice with my order.
HondaPowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:03 PM   #47
molsonbrador

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2018 Colorado
Good post. Those guys wanted a small ray of sunshine to make their cloudy day somewhat, if possible, less bleak. I have to stop here. Good post.
molsonbrador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:16 PM   #48
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
There's no setting people like you straight, Dire Wolf. Ya just gotta pee in the pool and no one appreciates it except the other perverts like you. You, however, love the warm water you create and bask in it.
Go ahead and keep on being a killbuzz, the rest of us will enjoy life and snicker at you behind your back. If I brought those 3 LEOs a moment of levity in an otherwise serious situation, then yay me.
Dire Wolf. More like whiny puppy if you ask me.

Very cool story. Thanks for sharing it.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:20 PM   #49
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffman View Post
where are all these cool cops coming from? would love to have a few here
They came from RENO 911
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:31 PM   #50
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
Haha thats awesome!!
Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:05 AM   #51
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
OK it was 23 miles north of town in a rural area, there was no other traffic at the time of night I was coming through. The injured people had been airlifted out and the accident was so far up the road from where the detour was that these 3 officers and their vehicles were by themselves, bored stiff, and wishing they could go be anywhere else.
I doubt he would have asked, nor would I have complied had there been any other cars or foot traffic at the scene. And for those of you who might think this is the norm for me and my driving habits, it's actually the 2nd purposeful burnout I've done in my Camaro since I bought it in July... 2010. I bought the V6 because I'm old enough to have weaned driving stupidly out of my system (by and large). Don't need the V8 or all the trouble I could get into with one.
Now had it been a V8, I might have fogged them boys right out AND gotten chased down and ticketed for it, but it was all in good fun, no harm done, so those of you waving red flags and clanging the alarms can just chill out.
Sorry for making coffee come out your nose, AJP.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote