Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 04-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #43
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algeron View Post
For now...I am going to look at this positively, and hope that is not the direction this takes.
I will give an update on Monday.
Algeron, All of us here are sending you good vibes that each new issue will be resolved.
That seat is a .
They've got to make that right.
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:28 PM   #44
Algeron

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Convertible, 1998 Z28
I hope so.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:36 PM   #45
Algeron

Just spoke to the dealership. The seat bottom has already been ordered, and once it gets in, they will set up an appointment to fix the seat and the paint.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:55 PM   #46
Michael Rophone

Quote:
Just spoke to the dealership. The seat bottom has already been ordered, and once it gets in, they will set up an appointment to fix the seat and the paint.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #47
Algeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Rophone View Post
I have to admit, I have been very happy with the service writer and the dealership that I have been working with.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:57 PM   #48
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
While your dealership may be good, they should not have scratched the paint and ruined your seat. That is just plain shoddy work. On my first car when the top was replaced I got my car back just like I left it. Actually better. It was fully detailed inside and out. Be aware of every little nook and cranny of your car.
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:28 PM   #49
Algeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95birdible View Post
While your dealership may be good, they should not have scratched the paint and ruined your seat. That is just plain shoddy work. On my first car when the top was replaced I got my car back just like I left it. Actually better. It was fully detailed inside and out. Be aware of every little nook and cranny of your car.

I fully agree with you. However, the dealership did sub out the top replacement. It was this company that caused the damage. The company that did the work is well known in my area for top replacements and interior repairs/upgrades, and they have been in business since 1926. If I was to take my older cars to have anything done, I would have selected the same spot.

I have only had this car shy of 3 months. I am still learning all the nooks and crannies.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:07 PM   #50
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
One moral of this story might be to proactively remove the back seats before taking it in for the top replacement.

Maybe that means removing the subwoofer as well.

Just a thought.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #51
Algeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by intensifi View Post
One moral of this story might be to proactively remove the back seats before taking it in for the top replacement.

Maybe that means removing the subwoofer as well.

Just a thought.

LOL - too bad this was the passenger seat.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #52
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
Mine was outsourced also. The guy actually lives about 3 miles away from me and I stopped by once to see my car. Just makes me wonder if anyone actually takes pride in their work anymore.
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:07 PM   #53
Algeron

Quote:
Mine was outsourced also. The guy actually lives about 3 miles away from me and I stopped by once to see my car. Just makes me wonder if anyone actually takes pride in their work anymore.
I happen to agree.

A coworker told me today that his father had to have his Galaxy 500 in the body shop after someone hit it. Within 3 days, the body shop backed a Mercedes in to the grill and broke the grill. The next night, the left the car on the rack and lifted, and the rack dropped the car. They are still checking to see if there is any frame damage.

I do IT work, and I treat every machine I touch like I own it. I don't get the carelessness that goes on at this point.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:36 PM   #54
Algeron

Quick update...

I still have a hole in my seat. The dealership has not gotten the part yet (so I am told).
Old 05-02-2013, 12:03 AM   #55
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Quote:
If you are not satisfied at the time you go to pick your car up, leave it there until it is 100% to your satisfaction. If you take it home, the dealerships will try and say the problems were caused by you. This way, they cannot do that and as a bonus, time at the dealership counts toward the lemon law.
Oh yes, classic response & easy out for the dealer. Maddening. Take LOTS of iPhone pics with dealership/clock in the background when you drop it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Rophone View Post

Be prepared for: "That wasn't there when we returned the car to you."
Ibid.

Quote:
Unbeliveable. When I worked at a Pontiac dealership in 1981, we were super careful with customers' cars because it was the right thing to do. Sad to see things have degraded to this point.

Quote:
I happen to agree.

A coworker told me today that his father had to have his Galaxy 500 in the body shop after someone hit it. Within 3 days, the body shop backed a Mercedes in to the grill and broke the grill. The next night, the left the car on the rack and lifted, and the rack dropped the car. They are still checking to see if there is any frame damage.

I do IT work, and I treat every machine I touch like I own it. I don't get the carelessness that goes on at this point.
Same here, I'm an IT trainer and never skimp on a class, and treat mechanical things the same way. Does nobody care about the job they do anymore?

Scared to take my vert in for rear window road noise. Wondering what I'll do when 3 year warranty is up. This car is *too beautiful* to trade, but what else would be the same or better - Corvette? Lexus? Mercedes? No, because they are not the hot stuff that is a Camaro. I hope the stars align and I don't have to get rid of this car because the warranty expires.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #56
Michael Rophone

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeVert View Post
I hope the stars align and I don't have to get rid of this car because the warranty expires.
From your lips to God's ears.

My 2012 IBM RS (black top) was the most beautiful car I've ever owned...or ever will own.