Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 08:52 PM   #15
KarlChev

Drives: Silverado 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
With Corvette Conti leading the Corvette market in the midwest, its no wonder you've had to sell those bad boy 427 Z06's for less than MSRP.

$8000 minimum off a regular Z06 MSRP is fairly common as a result. Vettes are givaway cars...with the ZR1 being a possible exception..

$8k off on a Z06? Worst deal I have heard about here was $1500 over invoice. If you don't make a G on a Z06, you should not be selling.....
Old 07-09-2008, 08:55 PM   #16
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
So 7 or 8 people are going to be really disappointed.

Is the price predetermined, say MSRP, or do you have a magical number that will be added onto the MSRP, then go down the list to see if you have any takers?
Old 07-09-2008, 09:06 PM   #17
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlChev View Post
$8k off on a Z06? Worst deal I have heard about here was $1500 over invoice. If you don't make a G on a Z06, you should not be selling.....
My previous employer, #1 vette dealer in Wisconsin and #2 in the midwest, sells them on digitalcorvettes, and their own site. That's why they sell 3-400 vettes a year, at invoice, GMS or less.

The owner of the dealership is the only private owner of a actual used Indy pace car corvette used during the race. This is not a "replica" but a car he provided, and was converted, as a part of a chevy contest he won. His car also has options not included on the regular pace cars, making it more valuable. Here's a pic:

I may not work there, but I respect them as the nation's #1 vette dealer, in price and customer satisfaction.

I took that same principal to my friends dealership - and we are treating our future Camaro customers with the same respect. We promise to be fair, fun, and competitive!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:14 PM   #18
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
destination cost to a dealer around here (San Francisco Bay Area) would be what? (94010 zip code)
Old 07-10-2008, 01:06 AM   #19
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Not sure what you mean.
Quote:
Now, if we could get you to only sell the top dog Camaros at MSRP like the V6's and SS's......like how I feel they should be sold.
Sorry. I'll clarify. I hate dealers who mark up the price of the car to a "current market adjustment." I said this was for another thread and wasn't going to get into it here, but since you stated you were unclear, I'll quickly and politely as possible, explain. I feel those who adjust GM's MSRP to make an extra buck are price gouging. I know others said it was all fair and bla, bla, bla, but there are people out there who have JUST ENOUGH money to get that top of the line car, but the dealer goes and ups the price putting that hard working persons dollar out of reach of his/her dream car. Take the Ford GT500 for example......$20,000 over MSRP for a "current market adjustment." I call that . Because I know people wanted to get into one, but the dealer took that dream away from them by "adjusting" someone else's price. I said all of this in another thread and didn't want to get back into that discussion here. So, ...that's what it was about...what the quote was from above. It had nothing to do with you personally...just from a past thread.
Quote:
We are planning on selling all V6's and baseline V8's at MSRP with no "market adjustment" added in. If there is a limited production on Z28's, then we will more than likely ask for $5k over.
If the Camaro I want is at MSRP, then I'd consider your dealer. If it's 5K over, I won't bother.
Quote:
I sold a limited edition 427 Z06 for below sticker the other day,
and if I were the buyer, I'd be a repeat customer of your dealer! Just like my dealer where I've purchased 4 new vehicles.
Quote:
so it's not like we are trying to rip everyones heads off here.
Nope...just the ones who can barely afford it anyway....(not you...your dealer)
Quote:
I would imagine that after the release, we will take offers of around $500 over invoice on V6's and $1k on the V8's.
And you know my answer to this one. Anything OVER MSRP =
If you mean over "invoice," what the dealer pays for the vehicle, then cool deal!
Old 07-10-2008, 01:36 AM   #20
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
And you know my answer to this one. Anything OVER MSRP =
Invoice and MSRP are different btw. =)

Invoice is what the dealer pays for the car. MSRP is what they are encouraged to sell it at.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:43 AM   #21
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Should be interesting to see what the real market for this car will hold. I don't think the economy will support gouging, and the dealers will need to stay at or sightly below MSRP to move them off the lots.

The gougers (not saying any of the dealers posting here are such) will soon see the light and get more realistic in making deals.

There will always be a few "must-haves" that will pay a premium to get one before anyone else can even sign a contract. But, those people, IMO, will be VERY few and far-between.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:48 AM   #22
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Invoice and MSRP are different btw. =)

Invoice is what the dealer pays for the car. MSRP is what they are encouraged to sell it at.
Yep. I edited my first post since I believe I misinterpreted his words. I understand the difference between invoice and MSRP. If they will be selling below MSRP, then I would GLADLY purchase from his dealer....and I'd probably become a regular customer too!

There are also dealer holdbacks....money savings where dealers do bulk buys....which, if I was told correctly, means they pay even less for their vehicles than "invoice" or "dealer cost." I DO NOT expect to get into savings and a price area like this.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:52 AM   #23
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

A local dealer had mentioned holdbacks but didn't mention anything more other than "fleet price." I'm going to wait until closer to release date and see what can be done about the prices here in CA.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:02 AM   #24
SSNIGHTMARE

Drives: 2002 SS Camaro
Wow, 5k over MSRP, should I bring my own lube, or will u supply ur own?
Old 07-10-2008, 07:30 AM   #25
marticus24

Drives: 2012 ZL1
I've read that the dealer still makes a buck when they sell at invoice because of the holdbacks, but I'm not sure if it's every dealer or how it works. I'm just hoping that I can get one at GMS pricing without issue, and if I cannot find a dealer to seel at or below MSRP, then I'll move on. It's not right.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:13 AM   #26
MattG
Z/28 or Bust!

Drives: First Camaro: '69 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSNIGHTMARE View Post
Wow, 5k over MSRP, should I bring my own lube, or will u supply ur own?
For $5k, they should include a reacharound too.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:13 AM   #27
IROCZJEFF

Drives: 69Z 70Z 85IROC-Z 911LE 97 SS
New Camaro Mark Up

Let me start by saying that profit is not a dirty word. I sold cars while in college and it paid for my education. A dealership should be able to mark a car up as much as they want! It is the law of supply and demand. Everyone on this post knows that the minute you buy a new car it depreciates as soon as you drive it off the lot, right? Put your self in a sales persons shoes in a dealership for a minute. A sales person makes his or her living off of selling cars and if they can make an extra $300.00 or $500.00 by "OFFERING" a car at over sticker who cares!!! You don't have to buy the car from that dealer if you don't want to. How would you like to sell Cobalts and Silverado's and Aveo's all day long and make $100.00 if you were lucky? This is going to be a car where the average guy or girl can buy one, maybe not at sticker at the start but that is they way it is! Look at the Mustangs, Challangers, Z06's, etc... If you want something bad enough you will pay to play! I know right now I am prepared to pay sticker and maybe a few bucks more for my new super charged Z when it comes out. IROCZJEFF
Old 07-10-2008, 11:19 AM   #28
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCZJEFF View Post
Let me start by saying that profit is not a dirty word. I sold cars while in college and it paid for my education. A dealership should be able to mark a car up as much as they want! It is the law of supply and demand. Everyone on this post knows that the minute you buy a new car it depreciates as soon as you drive it off the lot, right? Put your self in a sales persons shoes in a dealership for a minute. A sales person makes his or her living off of selling cars and if they can make an extra $300.00 or $500.00 by "OFFERING" a car at over sticker who cares!!! You don't have to buy the car from that dealer if you don't want to. How would you like to sell Cobalts and Silverado's and Aveo's all day long and make $100.00 if you were lucky? This is going to be a car where the average guy or girl can buy one, maybe not at sticker at the start but that is they way it is! Look at the Mustangs, Challangers, Z06's, etc... If you want something bad enough you will pay to play! I know right now I am prepared to pay sticker and maybe a few bucks more for my new super charged Z when it comes out. IROCZJEFF
yea but I've seen dealerships get so greedy that they put a 1200$ mark up on a base model cobalt. come on that's just absurd. That's what's wrong with dealerships for GM now adays. But I also know of dealerships that don't charge any mark ups for "limited" production cars. and I refer my friends to those dealers. if dealerships want to charge more let them but in my book word of mouth and how they are treated will cause people to move to a dealership that won't do such a thing.

I'm prepared to pay sticker + TTL that's all. and maybe if I'm lucky I can get a military discount, but I don't count on it.

Closed Thread