Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-15-2009, 04:57 PM   #1
JJSoCrazy

Drives: 2010 Infiniti G37xS
Send a message via AIM to JJSoCrazy
Test Drove an IOM SS!

Today was a great day and I have been dying to test drive an SS for quite some time. Finally today I drove to Galleria Chevy/Cadillac in Poughkeepsie on Rt. 9, upstate NY (newly owned by GM now, used to be privately owned and called Poughkeepsie Chevy/Cadillac). I was mainly going to get more info on the car, sit in it, and assuming they would never let me test drive it. Anyway, luckily they had an IOM 6-Speed SS loaded (RS, Sunroof, Stripes, etc) with the Orange interior and I fell in love! I was really stuck on getting SIM but now I'm debating between the 2 with the orange interior of course.

My father was the main reason I got this test drive today because he has been with Cadillac for over 18 years as a Sales Manager and the guy trusted us so he gave me the keys ALONE with my dad and I got to take it for a spin, I was surprised he let us take it out by ourselves. Being that I also pulled up with my STS may have pushed it further to provide that I am a serious buyer.

Now I have been drooling over this car since the concept and when it was produced, but I have to say that after driving this car it is SPECTACULAR! I am even more in love with this car and it put such a smile on my face to be able to drive it and having everyone looking at me was great! It drove well for a sports car, with sooooo much power in it and being comfortable to ride in was a major plus! The backup sensors worked well and is just like my STS sensors.

The salesman stated an order would take 8 weeks to come in so I am going back soon to finalize numbers and such. They also will sell me the car under sticker surprisingly, again I guess because of my dad

I hope to be a proud owner of a Camaro SS very soon!

Joe
JJSoCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 05:28 PM   #2
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2017 2LT Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro
congrats man!!! i remember when i first test drove one. i had pretty similar feelings still haven't ridden in a V6 yet..i'd like to so i can see/feel the difference.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:00 PM   #3
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
congrats man!!! i remember when i first test drove one. i had pretty similar feelings still haven't ridden in a V6 yet..i'd like to so i can see/feel the difference.

ditto!

I've only heard and seen the v6, would like to feel it someday, too.
5thGenOwner is offline   Reply With Quote