Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-22-2012, 09:32 AM   #1
Kevinshawnm
Biggz

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99 Rally Yellow
Alpine INE-Z928HD

Will this work with the KTX-CMO?
Kevinshawnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:25 PM   #2
CrutchfieldBrooke

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 1968 Camaro
Unfortunately, that kit will not work for the Alpine receiver you are interested in. I saw that receiver last week and it's awesome! Alpine is currently working on dash kits for a number of vehicles specifically for this receiver, but according to the vehicles our rep mentioned, the Camaro is nowhere in the near future. The only GM vehicles he mentioned were the truck and SUV lineup, but even those were further down the list.
CrutchfieldBrooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:40 PM   #3
Kevinshawnm
Biggz

Have you heard if Alpine plans to make a kit to fit the Camaro?
Old 06-23-2012, 08:46 AM   #4
CrutchfieldBrooke

Our rep mentioned the vehicles they are working towards first and the Camaro was not mentioned at all right now. The first vehicles they will adapt to will be European vehicles due to the market for these cars overseas. The only Chevy vehicles mentioned were the lineup of truck and SUVs (Silverado, Tahoe, Suburban), and these were at the end of thier list. Hopefully they will pick it up after they get some of the other vehicles taken care of!
Old 06-23-2012, 10:33 AM   #5
Kevinshawnm
Biggz

Thanks for the update.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:31 PM   #6
CrutchfieldBrooke

You're very welcome Kevin.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:41 PM   #7
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Alpine said it would fit a standard double DIN kit. I guess the issue is the wiring that is different from previous head units. As usual, Alpine is late releasing this unit and will be even later releasing a install kit. I've been wanting this unit but may have to go with something else to avoid waiting another year.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:27 PM   #8
y2jdmbfan

Drives: 2013 IOM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrutchfieldBrooke View Post
Our rep mentioned the vehicles they are working towards first and the Camaro was not mentioned at all right now. The first vehicles they will adapt to will be European vehicles due to the market for these cars overseas. The only Chevy vehicles mentioned were the lineup of truck and SUVs (Silverado, Tahoe, Suburban), and these were at the end of thier list. Hopefully they will pick it up after they get some of the other vehicles taken care of!
Brooke,

Will the INE-Z928HD work with the Metra Kit?

Thanks,

Y2J
y2jdmbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #9
CamaroSS45
Annihilator

Drives: 2012 45th ERL-427 F1X
I'm working it "real time" ..... Sadly the Alpine kit (NO WAY without a major cut and likely some glass work!) the Metra is "close" but I am going to have to mod it. Width clearance is not an issue - but I need to mod to gain about 2/3 of an inch from the top and the bottom - so working it....

The unit is mounted and looks massive and awesome but no faceplate at the moment and still looks good

I should determine how much to trim the metra and keep it clean looking this weekend.
CamaroSS45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:23 PM   #10
CrutchfieldBrooke

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2jdmbfan View Post
Brooke,

Will the INE-Z928HD work with the Metra Kit?

Thanks,

Y2J
Looks like CamaroSS got to your question before I did, which is great that he is currently working on it and can give you specific info on the mods needed.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:26 PM   #11
CrutchfieldBrooke

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS45 View Post
I'm working it "real time" ..... Sadly the Alpine kit (NO WAY without a major cut and likely some glass work!) the Metra is "close" but I am going to have to mod it. Width clearance is not an issue - but I need to mod to gain about 2/3 of an inch from the top and the bottom - so working it....

The unit is mounted and looks massive and awesome but no faceplate at the moment and still looks good

I should determine how much to trim the metra and keep it clean looking this weekend.
You should post a pic of it in the Metra kit when you get done! Good luck.

Last edited by CrutchfieldBrooke; 08-12-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #12
y2jdmbfan

Drives: 2013 IOM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS45 View Post

Any update on this? I am very interesting in picking up the unit to replace my Kenwood DNX-9960. I almost ran out the other day and bought one, but luckily did a little deeper digging into it. I had originally thought Alpine said it would fit into any Double Din opening.

Thanks,

Y2J
y2jdmbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:30 PM   #13
CamaroSS45
Annihilator

Drives: 2012 45th ERL-427 F1X
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2jdmbfan View Post
Any update on this? I am very interesting in picking up the unit to replace my Kenwood DNX-9960. I almost ran out the other day and bought one, but luckily did a little deeper digging into it. I had originally thought Alpine said it would fit into any Double Din opening.

Thanks,

Y2J
I am close to done - you need to be handy and comfortable with a dremel - but will shoot some pics either tomorrow or first of the week. Like I said - the width is not an issue but the height has to be trimmed from the metra - about a 1/2 inch between the top and the bottom. I am now trying to clean it up - paint - and make it flow polished looking...

If you are also familiar with the Metra "back" piece - that which connects to the Double Din for mounting - it also needs to be trimmed but not a big deal because it won't be visible. You then need to bring it up about 1/2 " - again just switching holes and propping up. If you are familiar with the kit - dremel - and no fears - u will be good....

Mine is mounted - solid - stable - working - and just finishing the mod to the front bezel.

I would not look for a Scosche or Alpine kit to ever support this configuration without MAJOR MAJOR mod because the height goes right into their HVAC controls (which mine have all been toasted as it is)...

If you are looking for another option - I will make you a VERY VERY sweet deal on a brand new DNX7190 which I am replacing - no mod required and MUCH MUCH faster than the previous year models.

More to come.
CamaroSS45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:17 AM   #14
normand30

Drives: 2ss
alpine 928hd

Ok time for the real scoop on the new alpine 8 inch(see attachments). I have it installed in my SS. Lets just say Im disappointed. Also, I have a 2 12" sub box for sale. Purchased from ********. Fits nice. make an offer.
Attached Images

normand30 is offline   Reply With Quote