Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-03-2009, 04:09 PM   #29
BigBOSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS, 6M, IBM
White and Amber are legal.
BigBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:14 AM   #30
Pumpkin1LT

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
hey guys ima be making some halos. of all different styles colors and shapes..i just ordered the parts i need to make some home made halo style led lights..im going to make a couple different designs. and put them on my car to see what they look like..ill post them and if you guys like them then ill sell them dirt cheap just to help everyone get the most out of their car. so any opinions on styles and colors let me know and ill order up some more parts and make some. i ordered 50 green leds. and ima order some blue and red after i make my own. i dont wanna order a ton of lights and not be able to do it right. i wont sell or even give them away if i cant make them look perfect or insanely good. ill keep you guys posted on how they turn out. ima copy and post this on the other halo threads to get peoples opinions on colors and ideas for designs. feel free to leave some ideas.
I might check this out Mohrg..I would like red LED for my tail lights. I have the 1LT and REALLY want that Halo look. I though about getting the Amber Halos (I have the Inferno paint) but don't really want to deal with the "plethora" of cops in my area. It's bad enough I have the loudmouth axle back..they HATE me for that! Oh Well! . So I thought about going with the Brillaint White. But the other question I have is this: I have 30% smoke tints on my headlights and tail lights... Would that affect the look Halo... I mean I know it would dull the brightness abit..but damn I don't want my baby looking like a cheese bomb..
Pumpkin1LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:49 PM   #31
Becca
Frog

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Check out the multicolor helo thread I posted canges all colors and when headlight is on for driving the helo is white color come on when headlights are off.

IYAAYAS
Becca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 11:57 AM   #32
Challenger hemi

Drives: 2013 Callenger RT
Green halos that are not brighter than 300 candle power should be fine?

So according to this green halos are not illegal . So the Oklahoma State University police are not educated on this matter. I will fight this . Update to come.

QUOTE=JEFE SS;682110]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikarus View Post
so we are all driving around with illegal tail lights, turn signals, and side marker lights?

I am not sure what laws apply to other states but in Oklahoma you can not display red lights to the front and blue lights can not be displayed in any direction on vehicles that are not designated as emergency vehicles like police, sheriff, highway patrol cars, ambulances, fire trucks, etc.

Basically a privately owned personal vehicle in Oklahoma that has red lights visible from the front or blue lights visible from any side is in violation of Oklahoma state statue Title 47-12-227.B or Title 47-12-227.D.

The law also goes on to state that even if the lights are not illuminated but the vehicle is equipped with the lights the driver is in violation. Ussually the fine is like $187 but has a maximum fine of $2000.

Oklahoma Statutes Citationized
Title 47. Motor Vehicles
Chapter 12 - Equipment of Vehicles
Section 12-227 - Special Restriction on Lamps
A. Any lighted lamp or illuminating device upon a motor vehicle, other than headlamps, spot lamps, auxiliary driving lamps, flashing turn signals, vehicular hazard warning lamps, authorized emergency vehicle lamps, snow removal and construction and maintenance vehicle warning lamps, and school bus and church bus warning lamps, which projects a beam of light of an intensity greater than three hundred (300) candlepower shall be so directed that no part of the high intensity portion of the beam will strike the level of the roadway on which the vehicle stands at a distance of more than seventy-five (75) feet from the vehicle.
B. Except as provided in Sections 12-218, 12-218.1, 12-228 and 12-229 of this title, no person shall drive or move any vehicle or equipment upon any highway with any lamp or device thereon displaying or capable of displaying a red or blue light visible from directly in front of the center thereof.
C. Flashing lights are prohibited except on:
1. An authorized emergency vehicle, as provided in Section 12-218 of this title;
2. A school bus or a church bus, as provided in Section 12-228 of this title;
3. Any snow-removal and construction, and maintenance equipment, as provided in Section 12-229 of this title;
4. A wrecker or tow vehicle while at the scene of an emergency or loading or unloading a vehicle in close proximity to traffic as needed for safety precautions or as a means of indicating the presence of a vehicular traffic hazard requiring unusual care in approaching, overtaking or passing, as provided in Section 12-218.1 of this title;
5. Any vehicle as a means of indicating a right or left turn, as provided in Sections 12-206.1 and 12-606 of this title;
6. Any vehicle as means of indicating the presence of a vehicular traffic hazard requiring unusual care in approaching, overtaking or passing, as provided in Section 12-220 of this title;
7. Any vehicle displaying side marker lamps which flash in conjunction with turn signal lamps or vehicle hazard warning lamps, as provided in Section 12-220 of this title;
8. A farm tractor or an implement of husbandry, as provided in Section 12-215 of this title; or
9. Any vehicle used while performing official duties as a rural or contract route mail carrier of the United States Postal Service, as provided in Section 12-218.2 of this title.
D. Blue lights are prohibited except as allowed in Sections 12-218, 12-218.1 and 12-229 of this title.
E. Any person violating the provisions of subsection B, C or D of this section shall, upon conviction, be guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment in the county jail not exceeding six (6) months, or by a fine not exceeding Two Thousand Dollars ($2,000.00), or by both such fine and imprisonment.
Challenger hemi is offline   Reply With Quote