Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 11-18-2014, 07:32 AM   #1
Warpaint69

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS RS
Wheel Style Suggestions

Alright guys. Im stumped and cannot decide on what would look best on my car.

As you can see I'm going for the new/retro look. I have the script Camaro emblems and SS fender emblems for my car haven't had a chance to switch that. I just bought a SLP ZL spoiler that I haven't had time to get painted and put on. All the emblems inside and out have been switched to the old SS style emblem. Been working on sanding some Roto fab engine covers that I have vinyl graphics made with Camaro script and SS emblems.

I really like the 9" and 11" front to rear tire stagger, debating about doing a 10" and 11". I really cannot stand the American Racing torque thrusts with how they have to clear the brembo's, makes them look wrong to me. The car is going to be lowered eventually at least an inch. I'm open for suggestions on what others think will fit my build.

Old 11-18-2014, 11:49 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Personally.....there are only a few "old style" looking wheels that fit the look you are going after.....and you have already ruled out what I would have suggested....so I would be at a loss. HOWEVER, there was a member that had some old style rally wheels on his and they were 20's....just can't remember who made them....but they were pricy. There is a thread about them, just don't remember the name of it.

FOUND the thread.....look at posts 7 for the wheel on a 5th Gen....and the comment and link in post 8

Name:  chevy_rally_wheels.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  49.8 KB

Last edited by Sir Nuke; 11-18-2014 at 12:01 PM.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 12:38 PM   #3
Warpaint69

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS RS
I'm not really feeling any of the nostalgic wheels, they just look daffy in 20's. Im finding it tough trying to identify a new wheel design that goes well with my car.