Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-02-2009, 08:47 PM   #1
camaromaybe
CamaroBaby

Drives: Silver 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
21"s and Ground FX now or later?

Does anyone know if buying the 21" rims and ground effects kit is any cheaper ordering it with the car as opposed to waiting later to add them?

I like the look of the black concept but those are pricey options and I think I would like to remove them from my order now while I still have the chance and see how it looks in person without those add-ons and then decide later. BUUUT if I'm saving money by placing them with the original order I might just risk it.
camaromaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:54 PM   #2
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
for me... im waiting for aftermarket stuff, I'll self install and it'll probably be cheaper anyways... along with more options.

But again totally up to you..
Old 03-02-2009, 08:57 PM   #3
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Price wise there most likely won't be that much of a difference from buying over the counter and ordering them with the car. There really is only 2 things to consider.

1) Ordering them with the car will show them on the window sticker if your anal about that.
2) Ordering them with the car means you can include the prices in with your monthly payment where as buying them over the counter you will pay for it all at once. Some people wouldn't buy them if they have to spend $6k at once but wouldn't think anything about an extra $60 a month payment.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:14 PM   #4
camaromaybe
CamaroBaby

Drives: Silver 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Price wise there most likely won't be that much of a difference from buying over the counter and ordering them with the car. There really is only 2 things to consider.

1) Ordering them with the car will show them on the window sticker if your anal about that.
2) Ordering them with the car means you can include the prices in with your monthly payment where as buying them over the counter you will pay for it all at once. Some people wouldn't buy them if they have to spend $6k at once but wouldn't think anything about an extra $60 a month payment.
Thanks that's just the answer I was looking for. I think the 21"s are perfect for the car but 5K is very pricey. I'm guessing with the economy the way it is, rim shops should be having sales like everyone else.

Hopefully I'll be able to find something not too over the top but simply complimenting like those for half that price. The Camaro Black is a great advertisement for them though.
camaromaybe is offline   Reply With Quote