Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-21-2013, 06:52 PM   #15
DuskLover

Drives: 2013 Dusk 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarohwk23 View Post
If it is advertised you should have it. If it not a feature you have now, you should go talk to your dealer. When I purchased my Synergy Series it was advertised that it came with footwell and cupholder lighting but mine did not have it. I called the dealership right away and after checking they agreed and installed it the next day, for free of course.
I guess that's what I'll have to do. Thanks for the feedback.
DuskLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:54 PM   #16
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Ambient lighting is just on the top edge of the door insert.......Cup holder and foot well lighting is a $550 option installed and its just a single LED to help see the pedals and floor in each side while you drive and a single led in each cup holder spot. I was underwhelmed at mine when it was installed and went on gen5diy to find the circuit to add lights so now I have lots of led under the dash but its connected to the door and dome lamp circuit and does not stay on unless the dome lamp is turned on which I also have a lot of red LED lights in. The under dash was simply done by splicing in a circuit and adding the self adhesive strips bought form my local parts store, the circuit is in the passenger side front kick panel under the dash...(not explained well on gen5diy....) but they do tell you the circuit so you can splice into the correct positive and negative.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #17
DuskLover

Drives: 2013 Dusk 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
Ambient lighting is just on the top edge of the door insert.......Cup holder and foot well lighting is a $550 option installed and its just a single LED to help see the pedals and floor in each side while you drive and a single led in each cup holder spot. I was underwhelmed at mine when it was installed and went on gen5diy to find the circuit to add lights so now I have lots of led under the dash but its connected to the door and dome lamp circuit and does not stay on unless the dome lamp is turned on which I also have a lot of red LED lights in. The under dash was simply done by splicing in a circuit and adding the self adhesive strips bought form my local parts store, the circuit is in the passenger side front kick panel under the dash...(not explained well on gen5diy....) but they do tell you the circuit so you can splice into the correct positive and negative.
Thanks Christian, but I don't believe we are talking about the same thing. Based on your picture, you don't have a Dusk Special Edition. I realize it is standard on a 2SS in red, but the Dusk editions are suppose to have ice blue and the problem is some have it and some don't it appears. Just trying to find out what I need to do about getting what I paid for and not looking to add anything else at the moment. But when I do your info will be of great help I'm sure. Thanks again.
DuskLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #18
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskLover View Post
Thanks Christian, but I don't believe we are talking about the same thing. Based on your picture, you don't have a Dusk Special Edition. I realize it is standard on a 2SS in red, but the Dusk editions are suppose to have ice blue and the problem is some have it and some don't it appears. Just trying to find out what I need to do about getting what I paid for and not looking to add anything else at the moment. But when I do your info will be of great help I'm sure. Thanks again.
The standard is ice blue (ZL1's come standard with red however).

Can you post a picture of your door panels? That's the easiest way for us to get to the bottom of this.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:56 PM   #19
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupree878 View Post
Ok. I have the door lighting.
The guys on the other forum said it was in their footwells too.
Since door lighting comes on 2SS trims, why does it list it as a feature on the Dusk Hero Card I wonder.
$$$. They want to sell the car man.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:38 PM   #20
Dupree878

Drives: '13 Dusk Edition 2SS/RS M6
I can't tell a difference between the color of my door lighting and the lighting in the door of a Silver V6 I was in yesterday.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:46 PM   #21
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
I can't tell a difference between the color of my door lighting and the lighting in the door of a Silver V6 I was in yesterday.
It's the same ice blue lighting though? I'm confused - did you expect them to be different?
Old 06-27-2013, 12:48 PM   #22
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
I don't have it anywhere.
Yes you do. All 2LTs and 2SS's have it. You might have to turn the little wheel to make it come up.

You also have to have your headlights or halos on to have it on inside
Old 06-27-2013, 01:23 PM   #23
Chi-One

Drives: 2013 DUSK Special Edition
Quote:
Thanks Chi-One. I'm gonna use that fact in my fight to get it installed in mine. LOL. Is it just in the doors, or is it in the floorboard and cup holders too?
Sorry just saw your questions. The door lighting is standard on DUSK SE. The footwells and cupholders lighting is an option.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:44 PM   #24
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-One View Post
Sorry just saw your questions. The door lighting is standard on DUSK SE. The footwells and cupholders lighting is an option.
Right. Hopefully everyone in this thread realizes by now that door lighting is standard on all 2LTs and 2SS's. Therefore all Dusk editions have it.

So no one is missing anything here.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:46 PM   #25
Dupree878

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
It's the same ice blue lighting though? I'm confused - did you expect them to be different?
Yes, I expected it to be different. It's advertised on the Hero Card as a unique to the Dusk SE for one. It's mentioned earlier in this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbass View Post
because the lighting is a different color
Old 06-27-2013, 04:53 PM   #26
Dupree878

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Right. Hopefully everyone in this thread realizes by now that door lighting is standard on all 2LTs and 2SS's. Therefore all Dusk editions have it.

So no one is missing anything here.
Right, the door lighting is standard, but the Dusk Special Edition package is specifically advertised with ice-blue ambient lighting. That carries the connotation that its an unique feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteman View Post
The Dusk Special Edition is an option package available on the 2LT or 2SS Camaro coupe or convertible models. The package includes elements of the RS Appearance Package including the halo ring HID head lamps, as well as the new for 2013 Blue Ray Metallic exterior color and factory installed 21-inch Bright Silver painted aluminum wheels with P245/40ZR21 front and 275/35ZR21 summer performance tires. The top is blue on convertible models.

The interior of the 2013 Camaro Dusk Special Edition features an exclusive Mojave leather-appointed interior with yellow stitching on the seats (similar to the seats of the Neiman Marcus edition), shift knob, center armrest and steering wheel. The interior also features a soft instrument panel insert in the Mojave color and Blue Ray Metallic door inserts that also carries across the instrument panel. The 2013 Camaro Dusk Special Edition is ordered by selecting option code CCS.

The Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price of the Dusk Special Edition package is $5995. The price includes the content of the RS Appearance Package. Some examples of the final model prices:

2013 Camaro 2LT Coupe with Dusk Special Edition, Manual Trans & DFC: $35,580
2013 Camaro 2LT Convertible with Dusk Special Edition, Auto Trans & DFC: $42,515
2013 Camaro 2SS Coupe with Dusk Special Edition, Auto Trans, & DFC: $44,215
2013 Camaro 2SS Convertible with Dusk Special Edition, Manual Trans, & DFC: $48,180

2013 Camaro DUSK Special Edition Details

• Available on 2LT or 2SS Camaro Coupe or Convertible models with RS Package

Exterior includes:
• Blue Ray Metallic exterior color
• Blue Convertible Top Color (when model ordered)
• 21-inch Silver Painted wheels (factory installed)
• P245/40ZR21 front & 275/35ZR21 rear tires
• Front splitter and rocker

Interior:
• Mojave leather-appointed interior
• Yellow accent stitching on interior components
• Mojave soft I/P insert with Yellow stitching
• Blue Ray Metallic I/P and door inserts
Ice Blue ambient lighting
• Chevy Accessory premium floor mats

Performance:
• Available manual or automatic transmission
• Hurst Shifter (V8 manual models only)

Price:
• $5995 (MSRP)
• Available for ordering starting Sat, July 7 through Quick Order & Thurs, July 12, through Order Workbench Configurator
• Production August through December 2012

Production limited by time, not volume
Last day to order will be announced in future
No special allocation required for order placement

• Dealer announcement letter with printable “hero card” to be sent week of July 9, 2012 Original 2010 SEMA Concept Model shown – Actual production model varies

Part Numbers for Dusk Camaro parts @ http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205226

Attachment 400234

Attachment 400235
Old 06-27-2013, 05:01 PM   #27
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Just a side note, one other Camaro came with ambient lighting. 2010 SGM Special Edition came with green
Old 06-27-2013, 05:02 PM   #28
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Right, the door lighting is standard, but the Dusk Special Edition package is specifically advertised with ice-blue ambient lighting. That carries the connotation that its an unique feature.
Lol man you just don't get it. All 2SS and 2LT models have ice blue ambient lighting, including the dusk edition. It is the light that goes across the top of the door inserts. Thats it. Nothing else. Your not missing anything.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote