Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-05-2014, 06:29 PM   #15
Shift_Rejected
2010 2SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS (L99)
Get a supercharger and pop the hood at the shows... #BestOfBothWorlds
Shift_Rejected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:58 PM   #16
Splat

Drives: 2012 1SS M6 IOM
I would go Turbo.

They might not see change on the outside, but with the right blow-off valve, there hear you.

But as you put it, you like show...... so i think the rims might be more in your range.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:11 PM   #17
1LE801
"Lohla"

Drives: 2016 1SS A8 :"Lohla"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh The People View Post
you mean like boring the block for more cubic inches and engine work?? (cam, cylinder heads ect) I know the basics but am not a pro by any means. the rims are 8K so that would leave only 2K for engine work which wont get me really anywhere right? lol

Seams the general consensus so far is power so far. another pro I forgot to mention is that the kit would be installed and tuned by IPS themselves (300km away) and will put me around 600 rwhp.
Really the possibilities are endless with a 10k budget. Maybe it's just me but 8 large on wheels!?! It's not a lexus it's a muscle car. But it is YOUR muscle car so do what will make you most happy.

I always tend to do what everyone tells me not to as I am sort of a contrarian.
1LE801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:15 PM   #18
Josh The People

Drives: TT 10' SS -> 16' SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by banter View Post
The way I see it, and you very well may not feel the same way, is that the rims are for looks. You'll go to shows and point and people will go, nice wheels. You turbocharge and you can still go to shows and point, (granted you'll probably have to explain to some) you'll get much stronger responses, and at the end of the show when you drive home you'll get that feeling of 600+rwhp pushing you in your seat. Rims are fine and all but for that price they better weigh like 2 lbs each (imo). Point is, their enjoyment is limited to looking though, and turbos are much more than that.
Great points! this is making me lean back to my first plans and not make a rash decision and spend all my coin on rims I cant see or feel while driving. Its just the body lines on this car are soo sexy combined with these rims are outta this world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I would go Turbo.

They might not see change on the outside, but with the right blow-off valve, there hear you.

But as you put it, you like show...... so i think the rims might be more in your range.
Is that not the best sound ever along with the spooling?? and I tried not to seem like I was favoring one over the other in my post but thats how a few of you guys think im leaning. maybe theres something goin on in my head im not realizing?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_Rejected View Post
Get a supercharger and pop the hood at the shows... #BestOfBothWorlds
I did toy with that idea but after riding in a few turbo cars its turbos or nothing for this guy!
Old 01-05-2014, 07:18 PM   #19
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
Turbo, no offense but who cares about wheels! I laugh when I see 10k wheels on 30k-40k cars. Half the people around here are buying sets of zl1/1le replicas for around a grand and getting more compliments

If you want people know at shows put a laminated dyno sheet on display. When they see 600+ hp they'll ask.

Personally though I'd go sc over turbo. For 10k I'd get a nice chrome tvs2300 with some nice matching engine trim that really shows the engine bay off.

Or get the turbo/sc and buy the zl1 replicas! Best of both worlds
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:24 PM   #20
wessolbuf1

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE Summit White
Get the turbo's and throw a mirror under the car at the shows
Delivered 11-12-13
wessolbuf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:24 PM   #21
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Flip a coin in the air. The very instant that coin is balancing in the air, your subconscious will talk to you and that little voice in the back of your head will be saying what you really want. Choice made. Doesn't matter what the coin ends up being either.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:29 PM   #22
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Turbos for sure.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:00 PM   #23
Josh The People

Yeah I came down from the high I got when I seen those wheels! espically with how much they cost I just cant justify it without winning the lottery , I want this money to make a big difference with this car as I don't plan on investing in it like this again. gonna go with the turbos. I was sucked in by how nice they looked. Everybody likes shiny things right??
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2014, 08:07 PM   #24
Josh The People

videos like these 2 do nothing but help the case for turbos. don't flame me but the only reason I was even considering going for "show" not "go" is I feel like the car is a bit slow to start with and I would have to dump endless amounts of money and get carried away with trying to make it fast. maby Im just spoiled and grew up around big HP fast cars that's why I feel that way?

Old 01-05-2014, 08:26 PM   #25
cal45

Drives: 2015 Blue Velvet Metallic ZL1
If you decide to supercharge instead of Turbo, you can show off some under the hood...Procharger comes polished.

cal45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:50 PM   #26
Josh The People

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal45 View Post
If you decide to supercharge instead of Turbo, you can show off some under the hood...Procharger comes polished.

that's basically a belt drivin turbo, correct?? that does look nice.. man why are there sooo many options
Old 01-05-2014, 08:51 PM   #27
Hot Tamales

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Victory Red M6
Wheels come & go, but twin turbo's are forever!
Old 01-05-2014, 09:59 PM   #28
cal45

Drives: 2015 Blue Velvet Metallic ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh The People View Post
that's basically a belt drivin turbo, correct?? that does look nice.. man why are there sooo many options
Well, technically not a turbo as it doesn't work off the exhaust. It's a centrifugal forced air induction blower (aka supercharger) that is belt driven and bolts on to the front of the engine as opposed to the roots type blower that sits on top. On the Roots type blower, you still need a CAI. On the centrifugal blower, such as the Procharger - it removes/replaces your CAI.
cal45 is offline   Reply With Quote