Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 11:28 AM   #1
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Thumbs up * NASCAR * Right around the corner!

OK, we have Daytona right around the corner....We have a 4-peat champ....We have a BAD ASS GROUP OF DOMINANT CHEVY'S.....

Who WILL be the 2010 Cup Champ?

I'm thinking Hendrick will remain strong....I can ALWAYS HOPE JR will get his first....could bet on Jimmy again - him and Chad are the dream team....

But....After YEARS of supporting Dale Jr......I find myself going with someone who did GOOD in 2009, and has just a little attitude:

Regardless of the winner, I have one thing to say:

GO

We'll have to see which race I end up at this year - last year it was the SWELTERING MIS SPEEDWAY. Maybe a CHICAGOLAND CAMARO GATHERING is in store...???
Old 01-20-2010, 12:11 PM   #2
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
The Daytona 500 is Sunday February 14. Same as Valentines Day. Best race of the year. Sorry honey!
Old 01-20-2010, 12:41 PM   #3
Wileytrigger21

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT / RS, Blk 1SS/RS
Little Attitude????

ROFL...Tony's the king of Nascar attitude!!!!!!!
Old 01-21-2010, 01:33 PM   #4
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I'm going to bet that it will be a Roush driver that wins this year. I'd hoping for Jeff Gordon to win, though I wouldn't mind if Dale Jr or Tony Stewart won. I'm sick of seeing Jimmy win.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 01-21-2010, 09:44 PM   #5
springerpete
Orange GM freak

Drives: 2004 3500HD
I've been a Tony Stewart fan for a long time. My favorite quote is "I'm going back to dirt track racing. They don't cry as much there." That was after Jeff Gordon tried to wreck Tony and Gordon got wrecked himself.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:46 PM   #6
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Earnhardt Jr. is still my Driver!
Old 01-21-2010, 11:32 PM   #7
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Talking I LOVE NASCAR ALMOST AS MUCH AS I LOVE MY CAMARO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
OK, we have Daytona right around the corner....We have a 4-peat champ....We have a BAD ASS GROUP OF DOMINANT CHEVY'S.....

Who WILL be the 2010 Cup Champ?

I'm thinking Hendrick will remain strong....I can ALWAYS HOPE JR will get his first....could bet on Jimmy again - him and Chad are the dream team....

But....After YEARS of supporting Dale Jr......I find myself going with someone who did GOOD in 2009, and has just a little attitude:

Regardless of the winner, I have one thing to say:

GO

We'll have to see which race I end up at this year - last year it was the SWELTERING MIS SPEEDWAY. Maybe a CHICAGOLAND CAMARO GATHERING is in store...???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul SS View Post
The Daytona 500 is Sunday February 14. Same as Valentines Day. Best race of the year. Sorry honey!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccd34 View Post
Little Attitude????

ROFL...Tony's the king of Nascar attitude!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I'm hoping for Jeff Gordon to win, though I wouldn't mind if Dale Jr or Tony Stewart won. I'm sick of seeing Jimmy win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Earnhardt Jr. is still my Driver!

MY FAVORITE DRIVER HAS ALWAYS BEEN #24 - JEFF GORDON!!!

However, I do love Dale Jr, and recently I have come to like and respect Tony Stewart...Tony has come a long way from a few yrs ago...I do believe that when he moved back home to Indiana AND became a team owner, he finally became happy and that makes him a better human being, IMHO...he already is a terrific driver...

Daytona is a little over 3 weeks away!!!!!!!...can spring be far behind??!!!

Go Jeff!!!...the 'Drive for 5 is still alive'!!!
Old 01-21-2010, 11:36 PM   #8
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by "prima"Donna View Post
MY FAVORITE DRIVER HAS ALWAYS BEEN #24 - JEFF GORDON!!!

However, I do love Dale Jr, and recently I have come to like and respect Tony Stewart...Tony has come a long way from a few yrs ago...I do believe that when he moved back home to Indiana AND became a team owner, he finally became happy and that makes him a better human being, IMHO...he already is a terrific driver...

Daytona is a little over 3 weeks away!!!!!!!...can spring be far behind??!!!

Go Jeff!!!...the 'Drive for 5 is still alive'!!!
My theory on Tony isn't that hes a team owner, or that he has a lot of help from Hendricks. Its that he's out of Toyotas. If you remember all his interviews from a couple years ago he was absolutely miserable but once he got back into a GM sponsored car he was his usual self.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 01-21-2010, 11:47 PM   #9
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Any car is good with me, but i'm a hardcore Jimmie Johnson #48, Team Lowe's Racing fan! Also, the rest of Hendrick's stable is well stacked, and the Stewart Haas would be also good in Vic lane.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:51 PM   #10
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
My theory on Tony isn't that hes a team owner, or that he has a lot of help from Hendricks. Its that he's out of Toyotas. If you remember all his interviews from a couple years ago he was absolutely miserable but once he got back into a GM sponsored car he was his usual self.
TRUE!!!
Old 01-22-2010, 12:09 AM   #11
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Nothing wrong with Mopars, rather see them win than Ford or Toyota. Kurt Bush on the other hand ...

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 01-22-2010, 09:45 AM   #12
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
I'm going with Smoke, and always have since IRL..... I'm also thinking Harvic joining Stewart next year, he would be a good fit ......

Also looks like they dropped the bump drafting rules at the superspeedways ..... Also gave them bigger restrictor plates this year.... Should be interesting

Last edited by SlingShot; 01-22-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:30 PM   #13
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
I'm going with Smoke, and always have since IRL..... I'm also thinking Harvick joining Stewart next year, he would be a good fit ......

Also looks like they dropped the bump drafting rules at the superspeedways ..... Also gave them bigger restrictor plates this year.... Should be interesting

I also recently heard that they are bringing back the old spoilers and getting rid of those rear 'wings'....
Old 01-22-2010, 04:37 PM   #14
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
I'm going with Smoke, and always have since IRL..... I'm also thinking Harvic joining Stewart next year, he would be a good fit ......

I am curious as to what those cars would actually run without restrictor plates. Obviously they can't really let them go pack racing at 230 mph on race day, but just as an experiment

Camaro Fest sub-forum

Closed Thread