Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-10-2013, 12:16 AM   #1
brandonrr
LFX is not the average V6

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT 5.0
My car didn't start this morning

This morning I got ready for work, got out the door early so I could have plenty of time to enjoy a nice, cold energy drink before my long shift. I put the key into the ignition and was only greeted by a couple clicks, flashing electronics and my hazard lights going off. Battery voltage read 8v.

I ended up getting a ride to work, barely getting there in time. After work, the car was jump start started and after 20 minutes of driving, the electronics were still bugging out and the battery voltage was still jumping between 4 and 10 volts as the alternator was put through a tough work out. At the dealership, they diagnosed a dead, shorted cell in the battery.

Thanks to the warranty, I now have a new battery and it didn't cost me anything besides nearly being late for work. Good thing I was going to leave early originally. The dealership couldn't have handled the situation any better. When I get the survey in the mail, I will leave a perfect rating.

Anyone else have a battery fail suddenly like that? I've only had the car less than 6 months.
POS 2011 Mazda 3 - traded in for camaro
2001 Ford F-150 - traded in for mazda
brandonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:53 AM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonrr View Post
This morning I got ready for work, got out the door early so I could have plenty of time to enjoy a nice, cold energy drink before my long shift. I put the key into the ignition and was only greeted by a couple clicks, flashing electronics and my hazard lights going off. Battery voltage read 8v.

I ended up getting a ride to work, barely getting there in time. After work, the car was jump start started and after 20 minutes of driving, the electronics were still bugging out and the battery voltage was still jumping between 4 and 10 volts as the alternator was put through a tough work out. At the dealership, they diagnosed a dead, shorted cell in the battery.

Thanks to the warranty, I now have a new battery and it didn't cost me anything besides nearly being late for work. Good thing I was going to leave early originally. The dealership couldn't have handled the situation any better. When I get the survey in the mail, I will leave a perfect rating.

Anyone else have a battery fail suddenly like that? I've only had the car less than 6 months.

It is definitely great to have that peace of mind with the warranty. We are glad the dealership covered this for you!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service