Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-29-2013, 12:40 AM   #141
2Muchmark

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
The 1LE package is quite nice and worth the $3500 or so. It took me a while to get used to it but I love it even normal city driving. What I do is look for the entries and exits to/from highways and gun it into the curves. Pure driving joy.
2Muchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:17 AM   #142
kansjfr

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Muchmark View Post
The 1LE package is quite nice and worth the $3500 or so. It took me a while to get used to it but I love it even normal city driving. What I do is look for the entries and exits to/from highways and gun it into the curves. Pure driving joy.
Well said, and my opinion is that this applies to most of us who bought the 1LE. I'm happy with the upgrades and most of all that the upgrades have been professionally installed at the GM factory and are fully warranted.
kansjfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:00 AM   #143
Crim

Drives: 13 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskSS View Post
All I got to say is bring that auto car to a road race and then say that.
Autos are great for lazy drivers
And people that just want to drag. But road racing I'll keep my gears.

And for daily driver draggers enjoy that big stall around town. No thanks.
Both technology's are viable but they both excel in different places.

One is just a far cry more dull to drive than the other. Lol.
Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
I didn't know there was such a thing as "lazy drivers". Maybe if I got a pillow I could take a nap too. Gotta luv the I have to row gears to be a macho man rhetoric. I seriously doubt you've ever been on a road coarse. Cones don't count as it's pretty much a 2nd gear event anyway.
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:17 PM   #144
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
I did the switch. I spent the 2 or three days pulling mods off my '11 SS to get the 1LE.

That was kind of fun and I realized I liked my car better without some of the mods. I got a killer deal on a $7,000 more expensive car and I will sell most of my mods. Of course I left on most of the nylon bushings and the toe rods. All in all I am digging driving the stock 1LE and this time I will be more restrained about my mods. The slight interior upgrades, NPP, and Mylink, and the frameless mirror are all worthy upgrades besides very stable suspension dynamics, sticky tires and a better than SS shifter. (Not quite as good as my Barton though.)

I am thinking of buying the ZL1 wheel knock-offs and putting on some all season tires for the winter months. And I need to find a spot to keep my Goodyears warm over the winter. A pain, but how about 1.0G cornering off the showroom floor!

The 1LE is worth it. At least to me. And I thought it over for about a year.
Good for you! I hope it is what you expected and more.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:03 PM   #145
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
I didn't know there was such a thing as "lazy drivers". Maybe if I got a pillow I could take a nap too. Gotta luv the I have to row gears to be a macho man rhetoric. I seriously doubt you've ever been on a road coarse. Cones don't count as it's pretty much a 2nd gear event anyway.
Actually I grew up road racing cars and bikes but nice try.
Texas World Speedway. Hallett, and many other southern courses and Road America, and Laguna Seca in other areas.
My car is being fully pedderized and setup for large course racing auto cross is new to me but liked it as well. I prefer both to drag racing.

530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:40 AM   #146
Crim

Drives: 13 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskSS View Post
Actually I grew up road racing cars and bikes but nice try.
Texas World Speedway. Hallett, and many other southern courses and Road America, and Laguna Seca in other areas.
My car is being fully pedderized and setup for large course racing auto cross is new to me but liked it as well. I prefer both to drag racing.

Thanks for confirming my thoughts. Your Camaro has never seen a road coarse.
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote