Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-16-2008, 07:16 AM   #1
dieseldave24v
PowerStroke this Ford boy

Drives: Like Don Garlits "Big Daddy"
Do I need to find a new Dealer?????

So Monday I go to the local cheverolet dealer in town. First off they only had one individual designated to handle the Camaro. No big deal. I wait in line to talk to this man. He says they have the capabilities of ordering only 15 new Camaros. I ask him how many they have sold. He says 12. They required a 1000.00 dollar non refundable deposit. Still not a big deal. I whip out my check book and I am ready to rock. At this point I ask the man to see the ordering brouchure "as if we didnt all see it last week" He says I only have one, but I can let you look at it, but you cant take it home. Still not a big deal I already know what I want for the most part. Then I tell him I want the red jewl coat metalic the 2SS package and the RS package. I tell the man this "who was the general manager" And he explains to me that he cant guarantte what car I will get. He says the only thing he can guarantte is that I will get a SS, but the package and the colors could not be secured at this time. I explain to him that I do not feel comfortable giving him the money unless he could tell me what I was going to get. He explains that they are only getting 15 and they are going to get them any way they can. My question to him was doesnt this defeat the purpose of me ordering a car? and his reply was that there was a line of people waiting to get this car so if I dont buy it somone else will. I told him to have a nice day and left the place. Has anyone else experianced this?
dieseldave24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:19 AM   #2
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Tell him BYE BYE.....Sounds like he put in a bunch of orders on day one, under fake buyers. I know dealers do this all the time in an effort to get lot cars for big mark up.

Find another dealer.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:22 AM   #3
dieseldave24v
PowerStroke this Ford boy

Drives: Like Don Garlits "Big Daddy"
I kinda figured that was going on, but wanted to hear it from somone who new more about it than I do. So I am not wrong in thinking I should be able to get what I want when ordering a new camaro. by the way he also said that I could expect the car between late Feb to Dec. That seems like a pretty long stretch of time to me.
dieseldave24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:25 AM   #4
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Good call in leaveing .. get to the next dealer and order what you want .. also, your deposit should be REFUNDABLE ..

Crowley
Old 10-16-2008, 09:18 AM   #5
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
Thanks for the reply CamaroScotty. I really don't understand why some Dealers feel the need mislead and lie to potential customers. Espoecially since those people who are ordering right now are the enthusiasts who already know more than the dealers (in most cases)..not including scotty of course.

Cancelled the 2010 SS/RS (for now) and bought this instead (2009 Harley FLHX)
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:10 AM   #6
Ry4nVan

Drives: Currently (Toyota Tacoma)
I left two dealerships before I found a good one. Don't be afraid to leave the dealership. But be sure to let them know why. And let them know you're going to a different dealer. I did, and ended up saving big time!
Ry4nVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 02:05 AM   #7
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
My goodness...there are good dealers that take care of buyers and then there are people like this that need to go out of business!!!

Walk out that door, man. There will be TONS of other dealers that actually STRIVE to make their customers happy and happy for life. I can't believe they would do that....especially when there are plenty of other dealers that didn't get the allocation they wanted and could have had EVERY SINGLE CAMARO allotted, SOLD.

To those dealers, I'm VERY sorry. VERY sorry. You guys that put for the effort to keep customers coming back for life need to be taken care of. I know it didn't happen this time around for a lot of you.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:53 AM   #8
Scooter

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldave24v View Post
So Monday I go to the local cheverolet dealer in town. First off they only had one individual designated to handle the Camaro. No big deal. I wait in line to talk to this man. He says they have the capabilities of ordering only 15 new Camaros. I ask him how many they have sold. He says 12. They required a 1000.00 dollar non refundable deposit. Still not a big deal. I whip out my check book and I am ready to rock. At this point I ask the man to see the ordering brouchure "as if we didnt all see it last week" He says I only have one, but I can let you look at it, but you cant take it home. Still not a big deal I already know what I want for the most part. Then I tell him I want the red jewl coat metalic the 2SS package and the RS package. I tell the man this "who was the general manager" And he explains to me that he cant guarantte what car I will get. He says the only thing he can guarantte is that I will get a SS, but the package and the colors could not be secured at this time. I explain to him that I do not feel comfortable giving him the money unless he could tell me what I was going to get. He explains that they are only getting 15 and they are going to get them any way they can. My question to him was doesnt this defeat the purpose of me ordering a car? and his reply was that there was a line of people waiting to get this car so if I dont buy it somone else will. I told him to have a nice day and left the place. Has anyone else experianced this?
Semper Fi brother, I was in 1stBn. 7th Marines '88-'92, I was 0331.

I know of 2:

City Chevrolet
5101 E. Independence Blvd.
Charlotte, NC 28212
866 409-3466

Smith Stokes Chevrolet Buick Cadillac Pontiac GMC
1901 Barnes Street
Reidsville, NC 27320
Internet Sales Department: (888) 515-6182

Ask to speak to Taylor.
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote