Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-05-2011, 01:39 PM   #15
SNV

Drives: 2014 RRM 2ls
They look great! That is something I have been wanting to do to my car hehe.
SNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:17 PM   #16
binlow84

Drives: '10 Camaro, IBM 2LT/RS
Just finished installing the passenger door and dashboard trim pieces and the installation is nearly complete. The only thing left for me to do is to test out the ABL in the dash pieces tonight to make sure they don't need any more tweaking and then I'll be finished. Here are some installed pictures of all the trim pieces in the meantime. I'll try and snap some pictures of the ABL tonight (wasn't cooperating last night, my camera just doesn't like super low light situations and wasn't picking up the ABL in the door) then maybe get a panoramic shot of the interior tomorrow, when it's supposed to be sunnier out.

Name:  IMG_0380.JPG
Views: 1301
Size:  131.5 KB

Name:  IMG_0382.JPG
Views: 1268
Size:  125.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0383.JPG
Views: 1300
Size:  128.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0384.JPG
Views: 1287
Size:  155.6 KB

You'll notice the gauge cluster trim is not installed yet. That is a pain in a half to remove so I am keeping it off until I know I have no more work to do on it. Oh, and some of you might notice some badges missing on the dash pad. I still contend that the photos did not do them justice and in person they looked much less cluttered......until I put the trim pieces in. No longer liked the look so they're gone.
Produced - 2/24/10
In the driveway - 3/4/10
Total time order to delivery - 47 days
binlow84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:54 PM   #17
IBM/2SS/RS/LS3
NorCal Camaro➎ Member

Drives: Bowties ONLY!!
Old 03-05-2011, 06:06 PM   #18
VEESIKS
formerly 2011Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS IBM M6
how hard was the install? looks great!
Old 03-05-2011, 06:48 PM   #19
Drew10
Enjoys a good train wreck

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Looks great!
Drew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:39 PM   #20
D Day Dog

Drives: 2011 1SS Imperial Blue Metallic
that is sick. I want them now.
D Day Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:14 PM   #21
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
wow those look absolutely beautiful!!!
Old 04-19-2011, 11:04 PM   #22
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
I really gotta ask how much to paint? and how simple of an install? it looks beautiful
Old 04-30-2011, 11:12 AM   #23
binlow84

Drives: '10 Camaro, IBM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011Camaro View Post
how hard was the install? looks great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taintedveins View Post
I really gotta ask how much to paint? and how simple of an install? it looks beautiful
Sorry for the super late responses, but the install wasn't SUPER hard, but it was a bit time consuming. The dash trim pieces are fairly easy as long as you know how to work the clips out. Basically, with the fuse box cover removed on the driver side or the passenger side dash cover removed you pinch together the closest clip and pull the strip towards you, it should pop out. Do the same with the clips inside the gauge cluster (with the cluster removed obviously). That's it for the driver side clips, but the passenger side inner clips you can't reach seem to be easier to pop out, just run your finger behind one of the now loose ends and they'll pop right out. The doors are a bit of a pain though. The instructions I used when removing them are in here. Most people have said to use a dremel tool to grind down the melt rivets that hold the interior trim pieces in place, and that's what I did. It's a pain and took forever as my little dremel battery kept dying on me. When I went to install the painted pieces I noticed that I had left a melt rivet in the way that needed to be removed in order to reinstall, so I pulled out my knife and stuck the tip in the center hole of the rivet (you'd understand what I'm talking about once you see it in person) and kinda did a drilling-type twisting motion on it. It popped right off in seconds...... Wish I'd known of that from the start.....

Anyway, it's worth noting that when I had mine painted I used my stock panels (my car was up for the winter so it didn't matter that it was in pieces for a while), so I had to buy some washers and screws for the reinstall, but if you buy the official GM aftermarket kit and have those painted the kit comes with the necessary hardware.

As for the cost to paint, I feel I got a pretty good deal, only $125 for all 4 pieces, though I did supply my own parts and since the shop is local I didn't have to pay for shipping.

Anyway, thanks for all the compliments, I absolutely love the look and have got nothing but compliments when showing them off in person. Most people agree it is a huge upgrade over the stock in terms of appearance. The one issue I have with them is the ABL unfortunately, which is absolutely no fault of Clean Cut Creations. I've noticed that a good deal of the glow produced by the light pipes are actually caused by the reflection off of the light silver surface of the panels. When you change that surface to a deep blue it cuts back on the brightness of the ABL, one of my absolute favorite aspects of this car's interior. You can definitely still see the ABL at night, but it's noticeably dimmer, so much so that I'm seriously entertaining the thought of selling my panels and buying a new set to have repainted two-tone with IBM for the majority of the panel and stock silver for maybe the top inch or so. Still haven't decided what I'll do, but if I do decide to sell them I'll probably list them on here. They'd be perfect for someone with a non-ABL car or someone who just doesn't care about the ABL.
Produced - 2/24/10
In the driveway - 3/4/10
Total time order to delivery - 47 days
binlow84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:46 PM   #24
Robersabel

Drives: 2LT
What color seats did you choose for the IBM?

Robert
Robersabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:39 PM   #25
FijiKid

Drives: Cyber Grey Camaro SS
Looks Awesome! Great Job! :-)
Borla "S"type Cat Back / Hotchkis TVA2 Suspension Kit / Rotofab Intake / Tinted Windows / Headlight Armor Tailight Smoke / P13 DRLs w Harness / De-badged / Satin Black Power Coated Stock Wheels / Gloss Black Calipers / EPCO Custom Knob.

FijiKid is offline   Reply With Quote