Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-27-2009, 05:24 PM   #1
ezlock83

Drives: 2LT SIM/RS
What would you do?

IF you had placed an order at a dealer back in october and your order was still at 3000 and has been for a month. Then you find online the same car you have ordered for sale and you call the dealership that has it and there is no markup. Would you be loyal to the dealership that you placed the order not knowing when the car would come or would you go ahead and buy the car from the other dealer this week? The only loss i would have would be my 500 dollar deposit.
RS Appearance, Auto
ezlock83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:27 PM   #2
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Only out 500 bucks, and every option is the same?

..In the time it took to post this, you could've signed the papers already! Go! Go!
wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:27 PM   #3
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
nope if your willing to pay more than MSRP, which I think is wrong but 500 isnt bad. I would go buy that car. Who cares about that dealer, chances are they will still get that car and can make the sale.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:29 PM   #4
MaroSS
ZL1

Drives: 10' SS/RS - Sold; 15' White ZL1
Forget the $500 and go buy the car!!!!!
Old 05-27-2009, 05:33 PM   #5
StangKiller-SS

Drives: GM products
If you can get the one you found at the other dealer for MSRP then I would go ahead and get that one then, but only if it has the same options that you had wanted and ordered on the other.
StangKiller-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:33 PM   #6
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
nope if your willing to pay more than MSRP, which I think is wrong but 500 isnt bad. I would go buy that car. Who cares about that dealer, chances are they will still get that car and can make the sale.
They'll get the car and allready made 500.00 without even selling it. They'll be just fine. However, we do hold a dealer accountable for breaking a deal. So do you consider the loss of your 500.00 as living to your end of the deal? Only you can answer that. I would stand pat and take MY car that I ordered. If you buy the online car you can't say "I ordered this car before production" because you didn't. You ordered 'A' car. But not THAT car.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:34 PM   #7
c1run1

Drives: 70 LS5 chevelle , 63 belair
Yeah i'm not to sure i know the feeling your going through , i could have bought one some body backed out on , but i'm waiting for mine it's going to be the first time i ever ordered something that big and it gives me something better to look forward to . And when that day comes , your going to be like a kid in a candy store .
Oh and i'm sure some one else found the car at the dealer ship soon after you did and it's gone by now .
c1run1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:35 PM   #8
chrisgalles
TEXAS FIGHT!

Drives: Awesome
Try and get ur deposit back if possible... if not...who cares.. .$500 compared to a $35000 vehicle is nothing. You could have the Camaro now...or you could wait...and have it... well who knows!
chrisgalles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:12 PM   #9
ezlock83

Drives: 2LT SIM/RS
I don't think the dealers are accountable for a car thats ordered and you back out. i mean they could take an order and you not be approved for a loan to get the car. So i think that if I went with the other car the dealership would still have the car and it would sell plus they would have my 500 dollars i don't think they would be too upset
RS Appearance, Auto
ezlock83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:23 PM   #10
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
FYI u could be waiting till the good part of 2009 or even 2010. $500 over msrp isnt bad in this market. There only working one shift so keep that in mind and there only at vin 12000 ish since march
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:28 PM   #11
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezlock83 View Post
I don't think the dealers are accountable for a car thats ordered and you back out. i mean they could take an order and you not be approved for a loan to get the car. So i think that if I went with the other car the dealership would still have the car and it would sell plus they would have my 500 dollars i don't think they would be too upset
No. What I mean is the dealers are held accountable to US for backing out of a deal and not doing what they say they'll do or doing what they say they won't do. If a dealer says "ya, it's yours for a deposit" and then it comes in and he sells it to someone else then it's wrong. So how can we say "ya I'll buy the car" and then cancel half way through?

Sure, you lose your deposit. Sure, the dealer will sell it. But it seems like a one way street. WE don't have to stick to a deal but the dealers do?

That's why I say ask yourself. I pass no judgement. It's just the way I look at it. If I ever tell you I will do something, I'll do it. If I ever tell you I won't do something, I won't do it. It's how I run my business and I've grown in the past year.

But I say again. The dealer keeps your money and still sells the car. So I can see it both ways. The car hasn't been built yet so you certainly do no wrong. I think you're fine.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:32 PM   #12
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
FYI u could be waiting till the good part of 2009 or even 2010. $500 over msrp isnt bad in this market. There only working one shift so keep that in mind and there only at vin 12000 ish since march
umm..all preorders will be built by Q3...they are working saturdays and max overtime...so 2010 is out of the equation...

to the OP, if you are loyal to the dealer...then wait...keep on the good side of this dealer if they are local
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:13 PM   #13
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Walk away............................quickly now, but walk away.

Your dealer will be fine. You get what you want and NOW. Win - Win as they say.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:19 PM   #14
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezlock83 View Post
IF you had placed an order at a dealer back in october and your order was still at 3000 and has been for a month. Then you find online the same car you have ordered for sale and you call the dealership that has it and there is no markup. Would you be loyal to the dealership that you placed the order not knowing when the car would come or would you go ahead and buy the car from the other dealer this week? The only loss i would have would be my 500 dollar deposit.
No Brainer buy the car from the new guy and just service it at the original dealer and tell him you will do so and hopefully you get your $500 back, it should be refundable. If it does NOT state "NON_REFUNDABLE" on the receipt, he has to give it back to you.