Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-20-2009, 11:56 PM   #43
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
i'm waiting to see what a production ready show room vert looks like

also like to see the performance numbers

i know the mustang vert is only .1 second off from their coupe in 0-60 times
Old 05-21-2009, 12:01 AM   #44
catmaster1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Ah, i got the fix. just order both! Thats what my wife and i are doing. I ordered a 2010 2SS/RS coupe and she is ordering a 2011 vert. She wants a drop top for some reason or another. I guess thats why they make both, try to please everyone.
catmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:50 AM   #45
mutant chicken
Mutant Member

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '10 Mini , 07 Harley
I see so many people on here talking about the car's top speed and handling capabilities like they are always going to be pushing the car to it's limitis every time they get in the car. Let's be realistic people, most of us are going to push it once in a while to have a little fun, but 99% of the time we are going to drive like sane, ordinary people with a brain .... or so I hope. We are not race car drivers, or like DeepSea points points out, trying out for fast and Furious...

I don't think that the little bit of handling loss you are going to get is going to offset the feeling of openess of having the vert, I ride a Harley and there is nothing like having that open air around you, you get to see and experience so much more of the open road this way. I say if you think you want to vert, wait for it. Go get on a waiting list if you can.

mutant chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:20 PM   #46
Scooter

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSeaHawk View Post
Thank God I dont care about your opinion... I am a "middle" aged man, turn 40 in a week. I am not fat, and I really could care less if people look at me when I am driving my 2011 Vert with the topdown. If you need a coupe because you have self-esteem problems, well I suggest you get a Prius so you dont kill somebody trying to show how manly you are with your "Hot Rod".

As for the Vert, wait.... it will be well worth it.
WORD!!!!! I am 40!!!
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:22 PM   #47
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutant chicken View Post
I see so many people on here talking about the car's top speed and handling capabilities like they are always going to be pushing the car to it's limitis every time they get in the car. Let's be realistic people, most of us are going to push it once in a while to have a little fun, but 99% of the time we are going to drive like sane, ordinary people with a brain .... or so I hope. We are not race car drivers, or like DeepSea points points out, trying out for fast and Furious...

I don't think that the little bit of handling loss you are going to get is going to offset the feeling of openess of having the vert, I ride a Harley and there is nothing like having that open air around you, you get to see and experience so much more of the open road this way. I say if you think you want to vert, wait for it. Go get on a waiting list if you can.
Not to mention the increased visibility with the top down
Old 05-29-2009, 05:00 PM   #48
drace99

Drives: wish list
just got a call from my dealer

I just got a call from my local chevy dealer and he said definately for 2011 the convertible will be made!!! I told him I want to be first on the order list,,,I will keep you all posted, and please pm me if you hear before I do!
drace99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:31 PM   #49
alrox

Drives: corvette
Convertible typically cost $5,000 more than a coupe. At best, you'll have to wait 18 months for a $41K+ car. You can spend that money today on a new C6 and have a much better car right now.

I don't see any reason for a Camaro v8 convertible personally due to the C6 coupe, and a v6 would sell in such low numbers that it wouldn't be cost effective.
alrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:44 PM   #50
c1run1

Drives: 70 LS5 chevelle , 63 belair
I have owened a few drop tops from chevelles to camaros ,as well as hard tops . I'm leaning more towards the convertible on this one .
c1run1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:51 PM   #51
LSP2010
IM A GURL

Drives: 2010/2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
18 months until we see the Camaro Convertible.

Sean

i dont know if we'll see the convertible in 18months look how long it took us for the non-convertible tops to come out. its gonna endup like the camaros now. but it thats wat u want BE PREPARE FOR ANYTHING

GOOD LUCK
3100, Order available to sequence- n/a
3300, Order sch. for production--- 21may09
3400, Order broadcast------------ 28may09
3800, Order produced ------------ 2jun09(2G1FT1EW8A9114199)
4000, Available to ship
4200, Shipped--------------------9june09

ITS HERE 18JUNE09
LSP2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 07:54 AM   #52
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by drace99 View Post
I just got a call from my local chevy dealer and he said definately for 2011 the convertible will be made!!! I told him I want to be first on the order list,,,I will keep you all posted, and please pm me if you hear before I do!
Your dealer know squat. Most dealers are idiots. If he was privvy to information because he was a dealer then the dealers we have here would have informed us. He's reading the same quotes from Lutz that the rest of us are, and it's just speculation right now. I'll believe it when I see some mule spyshots from Australia (or Canada).
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrox View Post
Convertible typically cost $5,000 more than a coupe. At best, you'll have to wait 18 months for a $41K+ car. You can spend that money today on a new C6 and have a much better car right now.

I don't see any reason for a Camaro v8 convertible personally due to the C6 coupe, and a v6 would sell in such low numbers that it wouldn't be cost effective.
Oh man, you mean all this time we could have just bought a Vette? This site is a bust, everyone log-off!!!one!eleven!

Or it could be that we need 4 seats. That could definitely be it.

As for your enlightened comment on droptops being more expensive...what's your point? We know this, most people who want a droptop already owned one before and know this. Either we can afford it or instead of getting a fully loaded 2SS/RS hardtop we're getting a 1SS (or 2LT) without the RS package to cancel the costs.

If you're not interested, leave.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote