Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 10-21-2012, 05:56 AM   #85
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rideskinz View Post
Here are a couple quick photoshops of the new Rideskinz wing. Keep in mind these are just quick renderings and not neccessarily what the final product will look like.

Rear view:
-more flat design (no awkward "V" shape)
-center post for strength and stability
-outer posts are pushed out to use existing mounting holes

3/4 view:
-Overall width of wing is more narrow
-Outer edges are not as bulky

The firebreather spoiler, to me looks like it has a strange spaghetti shape. But this new wing looks great, lines are more straight like the GM High wing spoiler that I really like, and what looks even greater is that it will use the same holes of the oem SS trunk. You have a winner, I'm on the waiting list. LOOKS GREAT!!!
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:38 AM   #86
Rideskinz

Drives: SS, ZL1, V6
So far we have the "Slider", the "LowRider" and the "Rydlow". How about we combine all three and call it the SLR? haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangore View Post
I'm watching to see how it looks as you get closer. I'm not in a hurry, and honestly it is more likely spring is my time frame. Gotta pay for Christmas for the kids.
Sounds good. Yeah, Christmas gifts for the kids is definitely a high priority...haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss View Post
The firebreather spoiler, to me looks like it has a strange spaghetti shape. But this new wing looks great, lines are more straight like the GM High wing spoiler that I really like, and what looks even greater is that it will use the same holes of the oem SS trunk. You have a winner, I'm on the waiting list. LOOKS GREAT!!!
Thanks for your input. Should I add your name to the unofficial list?
Rideskinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:05 PM   #87
MikeMoach

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
I'm on the fence still, wanna see an actual pic before I go all in just yet
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:08 PM   #88
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
I am interested in the low profile wing, the onw similar to the firebreather depending on cost...
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:31 PM   #89
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Quote:
So far we have the "Slider", the "LowRider" and the "Rydlow". How about we combine all three and call it the SLR? haha

Sounds good. Yeah, Christmas gifts for the kids is definitely a high priority...haha

Thanks for your input. Should I add your name to the unofficial list?
Thanks Rideskinz, first I will aim for my new 1LE, then I will get back to you, (after I get it). Here I copy you pictures of the wing on my 5.0 GT, it might be of some inspiration (My spoiler is a copy of the Mustang CS, that is very similar to yours). I think your spoiler will look great on my next 1LE. Lower part is black, that is the way, that I will also like my next spoiler to look.
Attached Images

Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:45 PM   #90
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Trakspec Spoiler
Aero-Aggresor Spoiler

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:42 PM   #91
Rideskinz

Firebreather should be delivered today, I'll be patiently waiting for the UPS guy to deliver...haha. I would also like to thank TCAT who will be offering up his car for prototyping and a photo shoot the first week in November.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMoach View Post
I'm on the fence still, wanna see an actual pic before I go all in just yet
No problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
I am interested in the low profile wing, the onw similar to the firebreather depending on cost...
Got you on the list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss View Post
Thanks Rideskinz, first I will aim for my new 1LE, then I will get back to you, (after I get it). Here I copy you pictures of the wing on my 5.0 GT, it might be of some inspiration (My spoiler is a copy of the Mustang CS, that is very similar to yours). I think your spoiler will look great on my next 1LE. Lower part is black, that is the way, that I will also like my next spoiler to look.
Looks great! You're right, that CS spoiler looks similar to the new low pro design

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
Trakspec Spoiler
Aero-Aggresor Spoiler
Nice! I'm diggin both names. Decisions, decisions...haha
Old 10-22-2012, 01:02 PM   #92
Rendo

Drives: 2010 2SS
+1 to the low profile wing. It looks amazing!
2010 Black 2SS/RS M6 - SLP Loud Mouth II Exhaust, AIRAID Intake System, RX Catch Can, Eibach Pro Springs and Anti-Roll Kit, Hurst Billet/Plus Shifter, Skipshift Eliminator, Heritage Grill, JDP Color Changing Halos, Blackout Everything
Rendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:03 PM   #93
Rideskinz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rendo View Post
+1 to the low profile wing. It looks amazing!
Got it. Thanks!
Old 10-22-2012, 03:00 PM   #94
HP_atTheWheels

Drives: 06 Vette
I am also interested in the low profile wing. Im digging the "SLR Wing" for the name as well.
HP_atTheWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:01 PM   #95
Altma

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 1LT Synergy Green
Quote:
I keep looking at this pic, and I see the name like - Stinger Wing or Scorpion Wing - Assassin Wing - Something like that.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #96
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
I still think some sort of very slight height change is need on the top surface. It looks too flat or just like it's lacking something.

Name: FlameExhaler (jk)
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:53 PM   #97
markmass
TRI-COUNTY CAMAROS

Drives: 2SS/RS Oct 2009
Quote:
Here are a couple quick photoshops of the new Rideskinz wing. Keep in mind these are just quick renderings and not neccessarily what the final product will look like.

Rear view:
-more flat design (no awkward "V" shape)
-center post for strength and stability
-outer posts are pushed out to use existing mounting holes

3/4 view:
-Overall width of wing is more narrow
-Outer edges are not as bulky

I like -- i am currently looking, I like the GM high spoiler, but it won't line up with current holes, and i really don't want to go down the route of filling etc.. - if this one will be a catch all for those of us with factory SS spoilers, count me in...!! And the yellow looks great, but of course I am biased...
GET-TORQ custom CAM 223/243 LSA113, Full LS3 conversion, 3200 stall Multi-Disk TC from Circle-D, B&M Supercooler to cool that tranny down....1 7/8" Kooks Headers and High flowCats. MACH XL Catbacks. Eibach springs, R2C Performance CAI, powdercoated calipers, Footwell lighting in tune with dome lights, tints, ABL Lighting, ACS T3 ports and ACS Eagle T3 triple LED lighting kit. Heritage grill, Hex vents, ZL1 rockers, ZL1 Diffuser, Quad tips...the list keeps getting longer - whats next??

markmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:36 PM   #98
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfarley View Post
I still think some sort of very slight height change is need on the top surface. It looks too flat or just like it's lacking something.

Name: FlameExhaler (jk)
Bingo, that's why this spoiler needs to lip up in the rear similar to a dovetail to give it an aggressive look. If the lip is relatively aggressive, we can get rid of the boxlike shape in the rear since it will be sloping upwards nicely, and it will have a very clean, aggressive overall look. Rideskinz would have a winner for sure.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dovetail spoiler, roof, spoiler, trunk, wing