Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 06:47 PM   #43
Hawks

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2004 Frontier
I say be happy you got your car some of us are still waiting. And as for paying interest does it really pass the common saense factor to think they would suspend your payments or interest on a 35k car for a 2k part, not hardly. Get a box of tissue and go for a ride in it.

Please go to this site to add your information to the site and spreadsheet...

http://camarotracking.com/

At the top is a blue ADD ORDER TO TRACKING DATABASE click on it and fill in the blanks. Make sure spelling and case is correct. Thats it and you will be added.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:43 PM   #44
gtjacket
2G1FT1EW0A9118618

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Black/IOM M6
^^^The thing is that the dealers also have paid for the GFX they don't have so they in turn pass it on to their customer. Can't say I blame them and I ordered GFX and my car should arrive at dealer any day now.
3400, Order broadcast 6/4
3800, Order produced 6/15
4000, Available to ship 6/16
4104, Bailment Invoice
4200, Shipped 6/19
6000, Delivered to the customer 6/25

2SS/RS BLK M6 GFX IOM interior
Old 06-22-2009, 07:46 PM   #45
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Everyone take a
Attached Images

Old 06-22-2009, 07:47 PM   #46
c1run1

Drives: 70 LS5 chevelle , 63 belair
Now we're talking about $2200.00 which includes installation, and all the numbers were finalized. Now I'm paying 7.1% interest on ground effects

7.1% Interest rate ? Man he bent you over .. did you Kissed to or just F*** Over ?
Old 06-22-2009, 09:26 PM   #47
surferbarney

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 1999 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gib View Post
I picked up my Camaro on 6/12. It was missing GFX and painted engine cover. I too had to pay for it, plus I was told by the dealership that they had no idea when the parts would arrive. The only option I was given was to refuse the car and get my deposit back. There were three other people at the dealership wanting to buy the car, all offering over MSRP. Not sure how long I am going to wait, before I start raising hell!

:(
Couldn't you have just not included the price of those parts in the financing and just paid cash for the gfx and engine cover when they arrive?
GFX Package
Pre-Ordered 1/19/09
2000 4/9/09
3000 4/24/09
3300 5/4/09
3400 5/9/09
3800 5/15/09
Delivered 6/2/09!!!!!

VIN 2G1FT1EWXA9110199
Old 06-22-2009, 09:27 PM   #48
vdevine

Drives: 2010 Black SS
Lawyer Up

$300, no interest. It's a dealer installed option.
3800 Born: 25 May VIN#12136
6000 Mine 26 June 2009
SLP Loudmouth II, NOWEEDS, BMR 1.4/1.0 Lowering Springs, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Tune, Eagle Eyes w HID, SLP "SS" Grille Insert, Pistol Grip Shifter, Hawk PC Pads, RGB Scanner, Tint, Headlight Armor, Clear Bra, 22's.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:42 PM   #49
yoda

Drives: 2006 Sierra Denali
email your name and address to me and I'll send you a check for the interest, chill out bro 5!
Old 06-22-2009, 09:59 PM   #50
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
Heh $13? if its a 5 year loan hes complaining about $2.68 per month!

That said thats a crappy story to feed you and they should do better than this, but complaining over $2.68 in interest? BFD....
Well, not really the point. It's more the principle that I paid for something that I didn't get. That's more my beef. I will head over tomorrow and try to be calm about it, but man, it does feel like a kick in the pants. My salesman should have done things to protect me or maybe it was one of those "unwritten rules/agreements."
Old 06-22-2009, 10:21 PM   #51
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda View Post
email your name and address to me and I'll send you a check for the interest, chill out bro 5!
You serious?! Hahahaha!!! I wrote a much softer email to the dealer tonight and offered him a little something "extra" if he can protect me. He's a great guy; straight shooter, but as most people suggested here, I should make sure I'm protected which at this time is more important than paying the interest for a month or two. One guy on page two said they went to Hawthorne Chevrolet in NJ for an IOM 2SS they had there. Talk to Stan "The Van Man" Katz." He was my salesman Maybe he could have done something for you.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:36 PM   #52
ahart04
most bang for your buck

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM/BLK RALLYS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
Yeah, but if it takes longer than a month to receive, I'll be paying interest on product I never received during the first payment cycle for my car, which is scheduled in late July. Doesn't seem fair, fbod. It is a serious downer because I absolutely LOVE this car. Got caught up in the heat of the moment I guess. They should compensate me somehow though.
To me, unless hindered in your contract, it would seem fair that:

you be deducted the interest of the 2265 for the term that you do not have the GFX. If you present it to them clearly enough, they may just do it (it can't be that much money) to avoid a bigger customer problem.

edit-technically, you have to remember that it may take more than 1 or 2 months to arrive...some who ordered on 10/13 still haven't gotten their cars...??
Old 06-22-2009, 10:41 PM   #53
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
You serious?! Hahahaha!!! I wrote a much softer email to the dealer tonight and offered him a little something "extra" if he can protect me. He's a great guy; straight shooter, but as most people suggested here, I should make sure I'm protected which at this time is more important than paying the interest for a month or two. One guy on page two said they went to Hawthorne Chevrolet in NJ for an IOM 2SS they had there. Talk to Stan "The Van Man" Katz." He was my salesman Maybe he could have done something for you.
DK - Please explain what you mean by "offered him a little something extra" to "protect you"???
Did you pay him something extra after you complained about paying interest for a part thats on back order???
Sorry, but I'm confused....
(BTW - I doubt this is a "scam" as your heading stated. I would believe fbod before I would listen to anyone else.)

Mine at sunset
Old 06-22-2009, 11:21 PM   #54
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
DK - Please explain what you mean by "offered him a little something extra" to "protect you"???
Did you pay him something extra after you complained about paying interest for a part thats on back order???
Sorry, but I'm confused....
(BTW - I doubt this is a "scam" as your heading stated. I would believe fbod before I would listen to anyone else.)
I was planning on suprising him with a gift for taking such good care of me initially, but since the transaction technically isn't complete and I'm unprotected, perhaps I need to offer him that "little extra" incentive to reassure him that I am not a pest and still a client. I wrote them an email when I was furious this morning and nobody got back to me about it. Perhaps kindness is the only way to try to work this out. It could very well be a "scam" if they charge for LPO items, finalize the paperwork and start charging you for your car and then have nothing in writing saying that they OWE you the ground effects, car covers, painted engine covers, rally stripes, etc...The potential for disaster is clearly there. In reality, will it be the case? Likely not, as fbod stated, but should you be prepared should the proverbial sky fall? Yes, we should be. I'd feel much better if I had it in writing that it is "OWED" to me. But seriously, if the factory put these LPO's on the window stickers, couldn't those parts be tracked once they were shipped out and is there a way GM could know that the ground effects were delivered to the dealership for my specific car and then confirm that it was indeed installed? I don't know how this process works. Couldn't the dealership just technically say they don't have the LPO items, not create anything in writing that they are "OWED" and then keep the parts for themselves? This can't be the first time LPO items haven't shipped with the car and GM should have some kind of protection built-in for clients that ordered their cars with these LPO items.

No, I've given him no "gift" as of yet, but if the process goes smoothly and he continues to work with me, I will give him something (gift card, extra cash, something along those lines). This was my original intent if everything went smoothly. I can appreciate excellent communication and that it does take great efforts to research information and follow-up with clients, which Stan has clearly done, but like most people/salesman, Stan answers to managers and owners who could give less than a crap about me and my working business relationship with him. This was NO bribe or greasing of the palms. I was genuinely pleased with how he took care of me. I just don't want this turning into a nightmare.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:36 PM   #55
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blownhotrodder View Post
Everyone take a
Only 250,000 mg? pffht! I'll take 4 thanks.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:59 AM   #56
Wareal

Drives: 911
Much ado about nothing. YOU took delivery and failed to get a we owe. You didn't protect yourself. The LPO parts are listed on the Monroney sticker; consider that your protection. GM owes you the LPO parts, not the dealer. The idea that the dealer wants to scam you out of your LPO parts is paranoia due to buyer's remorse. Chill, you have a great car, enjoy it. Your parts will come soon enough.

Closed Thread