Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-10-2013, 06:18 PM   #15
Crime2
Got Boost?

Drives: 2010 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 BADD 1LE View Post
My '14 1LE dyno'd at 715rwhp with the stock ZL1 Fuel Pump, 63lb/hr injectors, Whipple 2.9L SC 4" Pulley @ 10psi boost, Night Fury Cam, Upgraded Heads, Stainless Works LT Headers, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Ported Throttle Body, Lethal Racing Tune...will be exceeding that hopefully by 100rwhp this week with a 3.5" SC Pulley @ 15psi boost and Methanol Injection - then I'll be maxed out for the ZL1 Fuel Pump - next up Lingenfelter Dual In Tank Fuel Pump & 84lb/hr injectors with a fully forged motor...I have all of the data and pics to back up this claim if you need it!

Would like to see a log of the fuel pressure at high RPM. Are you sure you were not loosing pressure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. If it is spelllled wrong, deal with it.
Crime2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:38 PM   #16
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
You guys are monsters!! DANG!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:49 PM   #17
Iam Broke
PHAT B33

Drives: 2012 TF3 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
See, that's the thing. Everyone says they are fine but no one logs pressure and none of the tuners have said what % of pressure droop that they think is acceptable. You can tune for the pressure drop to a point as long as it's consistent and you don't run out of injector doing it. Too many variables to be a hard set of HP numbers.

I run E85 on the Livernois twin and since E85 needs ~30% more fuel than 93 I see a drop from 58psi to 44 psi at the top of third at 6500 rpm. (.78 lambda) I'm someplace north of 600 whp, never been on a dyno. It's repeatable so it's tuned out for now but I know I need more FP to push it farther. Take 9 psi boost out of the 44 psi and I'm at 35 psi at the inj tip. As long as the injectors are rated for the pressure they see you can get by.
Injector duty climbs with the pressure drop to compound the issue on my ID850's. I peak around 90% in colder IAT's like 50*f. I run a Lambda gauge on the column so if I ever see it lean out I can get my foot out of it even when not logging with HPTuners Scanner.

These are numbers I need to fix and plan to when the Squash returnless is released. Hopefully I can run the pressure up to 65 psi in boost to compensate (for the boost) like you can with the ADM FPCM & ZL1 pump combo.

I could switch back to 93, drop around 10* advance and be .5 sec slower 60-100 if I choose to but I kinda like the 3.7 sec 60-100 pulls. Pressure would prob drop 2-4 psi at that rate instead of 14 psi, IDK. Livernois says 8-900 whp on the FP on gasoline.

I'm at work so can't post any screencaps of FP pressure or I would.

YMMV, just my 2¢