Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 07-03-2009, 11:44 PM   #15
Miketebo22
Iceman

Drives: SOLD #20,908 SS waiting for ZL1
Send a message via MSN to Miketebo22
[QUOTE=Vetteguru;646671]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtcwby View Post

I am happy that they were able to help you out. I will have to give Mark a call.

Incompetent? LMFAO Whatever.

What do you do for a living? Just curious.
hey guy...for a VP of a company, trying to get peoples business on the BIGGEST camaro site there is...your last comment isnt giving you a good name. Kinda makes you look like an a$$...
Old 07-03-2009, 11:46 PM   #16
Miketebo22
Iceman

[QUOTE=mtcwby;645867]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetteguru View Post
Well here is what I know. I am the tuner and VP of Corvette Connection. All of the software available for the 2010 Camaro SS is still in BETA. I have HP Tuner 2.3 beta and am working with HP Tuner to work out some of the bugs. Having looked at several SS programs the potential is awesome.

I will not talk any smack about any other shop.

Corvette Connection is very confident in their tunes and services. Reputation speaks for itself. Look at how many of our customers race their cars at Bandimere Speedway trouble free.

Corvette Connection has and will refuse service to difficult people. Good luck to you "mtcwby." I hope other (reputable) shops are careful with difficult customers too.

I'm not a difficult customer, just can't stand incompetence. Don't expect it from my company, don't need to put up with it from others. I took my car to the above mentioned shop in the Springs, they had it on the dyno for
a total of one hour and 15 minutes, got me 24 hp and didn't scratch their
heads even once. Just plain professional. Even deleted the 155 mph speed
limiter, deleted the skip shift function, lowered the fan kick on temp, etc.
I was in and out in 1 1/2 hour. I don't expect to be someones guinea pig.
They had never seen a 2010 Camaro, but you couldn't tell it by the way
they worked.

How much did that run you? im looking to get mine tuned next month when im down in that area
Old 07-06-2009, 12:54 PM   #17
Rich Lenhart
Vette 99

Drives: 1999 Corvette
Alright Guys. I'm the Owner of Corvette Connection for 22 years. We strive to give our cutomers the best customer service as possible.

In this specific case, I personally told the client up front that we had not worked on any 2010 Camaro's, and if we did indeed undertake the project, he would need to patient with us, as we strive to deliver a solid product.

From the instant the Headers hit the door, he was anxious to get them installed (I would too!). We could not accomidate him immediatly, but set up for the Following Monday. We did the Base Dyno, and installed the Headers, and had him come by at 2:00, as promised. The Rear factory exahsut did not fit the New ARH back pipes. The client thought he may have had a V6 rear factory system, as the pipe diameter was to small. We discussed some muffler options, and I suggested a Dual In, Dual Out Muffler we use on our Corvettes. I ordered the muffler for him. He had another shop install the Muffler and build a rear exhaust with Chrome Tips.

He returned the next day at Noon (as scheduled). He said the car sounded awsome!!! He asked if the car would be done by the end of the day. Explaining again, that we have not done this before, I reserved the promise of the end of the day, and told him we would probably need into the next day.

He left the car with us. He called me about 3:30 for an update. I told him that we had not done any programming as of yet, but Thomas was preparing a program. He became upset. I told him that I would check with Thomas, and call him back with a further update. I called him back, as promised, and told him that we would like to keep the overnight, so we could have the time to do the job right.

He went balistic. He started to accuse us of using his car as a guinny pig, and he flat needed the car by the end of the day. (We had only had his car for a couple of hours).
He then went further into the fact the car should only take a couple of hours to tune. I told him that we could not meet those demands, again, as this was our first experience. He became more upset.

At this point my comfort level was not good, so I told him very professionally that we were going to stop on the Tuning, and have him come pick his vehicle, and maybe he could find another shop to do the work.

He exploded!!!! Told me that this was going to cost my shop gravely, and the amount of negative publicity would bring my shop to its knees. He went further into things that do not bear repeating.

I prepared his final invoice. I No Charged the $285.00 we were going to charge him. He attempted to escillate a conversation. I wanted no part of that. I handed him his key's, and sent him on his way!!

Life is to short for the stress.

Good job to Mark!!! He obviously has the experience!!!

I hope this ends this thread.........
Rich Lenhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:13 PM   #18
Miketebo22
Iceman

THAT was a much more professional response...way better than vetteguru. you represent your business well Rich! i will have to also look you guys up when i am in town.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:30 PM   #19
Rich Lenhart
Vette 99

Drives: 1999 Corvette
I would look forward to that.

Have a great Day!!
Rich Lenhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:37 PM   #20
CmB
OMG Bumblebee!! UM NO!!

Drives: IMO 2SS RS LOADED!
So can anyone answer the question of how much a tune for a 2010 Camaro would run? I just had my mufflers cut and I have a CAI on the way. I would like a tune once they are installed and want to know what I am in for dollar wise.

Thanks,
CmB
CmB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:41 PM   #21
Tecca

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmB View Post
So can anyone answer the question of how much a tune for a 2010 Camaro would run? I just had my mufflers cut and I have a CAI on the way. I would like a tune once they are installed and want to know what I am in for dollar wise.

Thanks,
CmB
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:53 PM   #22
Miketebo22
Iceman

Quote:

Thanks,
CmB
mtcwby's tune was just under $600
Old 07-07-2009, 10:56 PM   #23
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
Quote:

Thanks,
CmB
I can set you up with a tuning package...you would get the wire and the program you need to put it in via your laptop computer. You would be able to tune for your mods, and then upgrade your tune whenever you change your mods...It is awesome, and if you need custom work, that is also done via the laptop and data logging!

You can PM me or e-mail if you are interested.
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:37 PM   #24
BlackSunsine

Drives: 1967 Custom Camaro
Alrght. so in regards to tuning......

I am looking for someone that is able o tune a 97 LT1, and can eliminate error codes.

The Engine and Trans are not in a 97 Camaro (nor FB or TA).

I am looking at a full tune up, not just the computer tuning.

Numbers and costs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1967 Chevrolet Camaro (1983)
2004 Harley Davidson Road King(2004)
Ex 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe (2007) (Totaled Labor Day)
2004 Chevrolet Tahoe (Thursday)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS(2009)

Colorado Fall - Beautiful - Cool - Snow is soon!!!
BlackSunsine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:46 PM   #25
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
I went to corvette connection, both Thomas and Rich were awsome and supplied me with all the answers I needed and also didn't try to rip me off by giving me a tune I didn't need. They did show me how they could have easily ripped me off for the tune of $450. By giving me 11hp more....Just waiting until the car cooled down. That was professional on their part. I would go back to them in a heart beat and look forward to getting a tune once I do more upgrades. Hope this ends the bad publicity one person was trying to give them.
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 10:01 AM   #26
BlackSunsine

Drives: 1967 Custom Camaro
Thanks Tom, I will give them a ring!

1967 Chevrolet Camaro (1983)
2004 Harley Davidson Road King(2004)
Ex 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe (2007) (Totaled Labor Day)
2004 Chevrolet Tahoe (Thursday)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS(2009)

Colorado Fall - Beautiful - Cool - Snow is soon!!!
BlackSunsine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:42 PM   #27
Icntdrv55
CCOTR Member

Drives: Victory Red 2010 2SS/RS A6
All
Another place you may want to check out is MAC auto sport down in Parker. I have not gone to them yet but I did talk to the owner. They do tons of tunes on GTOs and G8s. They are very familiar with the LSX engines. Seemed like a pretty good guy. Once I get my Vararam CAI in, I will give them a shot! Here is the website if you are interested.......

macautosport.com

if someone, goes there before me, let me know how they are !
2010 Camaro SS/RS Victory Red A6- Vararam Intake, Doug Thorley Tri Y LTs, Magnaflow X-pipe, Flowmaster Super 40's, VMS Tune, Razzi Ground Effects, Herritage Grill, RED headlight and fog light Halos, LED DRLs, Dash and extended Door ABL, engine, grill and rear defusser LED lighting ........ 12.59@112.21 (DA Corrected)
Icntdrv55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:49 AM   #28
Shiney

Drives: Red
I'm a newb here but, I have had some personal experience with Alex at Rocky Mtn Corvettes. ALex is a pretty honest guys - high on my list of importance - and does a pretty fair job at what he does. They are presently constructing a full-on custom, one-off Camaro for SEMA.

I sent one of my clients to take his Callaway C16 to Alex and, I rarely direct any of my clients to anyplace for work on their cars - don't want their rath should things come apart.

Anyway, just my two cents!

Andy