Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-14-2011, 07:36 AM   #1
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
lifelong friendship in jeopardy over camaro mustang rivalry

I will keep this short as possible.

My friend of over 20 yrs who is an avid mustang fan sort of pissed me off last night on the phone when he started talking about the new ZL1 and how ford was far superior over chevy. I really don't give a rats ass about it as racing really isnt my thing. anyway I tried to explain that the ZL1 was designed to compete with the gt500 which he kept going on and on how the ford would beat camaro..... I kept saying I really could care less who wins in a race. then he said the v6 mustang would smoke the v6 camaro.... I asked him what his definition of smoked was... anyway he kept talking about something that I thought was a pointless topic so I hung up on his ass....
Old 02-14-2011, 07:43 AM   #2
the Kolektor
Patiently waiting....

Drives: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Sounds like he just likes to run his mouth. Do you think he did it knowing how you feel about the Camaro, just to ruffle your feathers??? Honestly, it's a silly reason to ruin a 20yr friendship. I wouldn't let it get to you that much, besides, he votes for the mustang, thats punishment enough!!
Old 02-14-2011, 07:45 AM   #3
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
If you were good friends you wouldn't let a stupid pointless argument like that break it up.

Many of my friends are ford and mopar guys ,and they give me crap all the time. I also give it back ,but it would never ruin our long standing friendships. Hell before it was cars it was bikes and bb guns.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:48 AM   #4
KEEP RT
Wonderfully Awful Idea

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Just an "off night" give it a few days.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:49 AM   #5
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

I let him call back..... but it is irritating to have someone bashing your car when they dont have anything nice really. he does have a 1993 cobra mustang that is in almost mint condition. but seriously he needs to drop the whole mustang is superior to camaro crap cause i really dont have time for it. it is obvious i am passionate about my car but i am not interested in racing anyone. if i was i would have bought the SS. I told him I bought the camaro because the mustang looked like a horses ass
Old 02-14-2011, 07:53 AM   #6
steeleshark2

Drives: 2010 Transformer 1SS Camaro
Tell him that GM took a new GT500 for comparison during development to make sure the ZL1 woulkd beat it!!
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:58 AM   #7
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeleshark2 View Post
Tell him that GM took a new GT500 for comparison during development to make sure the ZL1 woulkd beat it!!
They all do that. I'm sure that Ford will have a ZL1 in there stable when they get the chance.

The car companies love this back and forth to get us suckers to pony up more bread.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:12 AM   #8
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
A little info:

Ford's Special Vehicle Team made it's debut with the 1993 Cobra Mustang. A total of 4,994 Cobras were produced for street use, while 107 Cobra "R" models were produced for showroom stock racing.

Ford's 5.0L engine used in the GT Mustang had many modifications done to it before being fit into the Cobras. Among these changes were higher-performance GT-40 cylinder heads, larger valves, and a stouter camshaft. The highly modified 5.0L V-8 was rated at 235 horsepower and 280ft/lbs. torque.

Next time remind him what he drives and point out the second paragragh. Your V-6 has a good bit more Horse Power and Torque then his Cobra.

Of course people who really knw about cars and racing know that it takes more then Power to win races. It's a balance of many factors.

Oh, and that info came from Mustangspecs.com
MikeSVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:13 AM   #9
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
i would not even invest that much energy in a marriage.

Change your definition of "friend". your friend sounds jealous and bitter. STAY AWAY from that person. Don't speak to him for 6 months.

He is pouring negative energy on top of your head and you are acting like it's Okay and it's not.

Good luck. and Wake up. and Grow Up. CHOOSE YOUR FRIENDS wisely.

You are NOT REQUIRED to please anyone or look for approval from anyone on the planet. you can snap your fingers and get rid of this "friend".

I would have done that in a millisecond. stop TORTURING yourself. YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED to be his friend. You are just brainwashed by guilt. Drop the guilt. Kick him to the curb and move on.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:18 AM   #10
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Nobody bashes my car to my face or on the phone assuming they were serious. Joking around is one thing, seriously bashing my car, I would have nothing more to do with that person. Harsh you think? Damn straight!! Homie don't play that shit.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:30 AM   #11
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

I think it is because since 1993 i have not had any cars that treaded on his love of muscle cars. now i have this car he might feel like i am stepping on his turf.... if that makes any sense. I think it is really stupid because I opted for the v6 because I am not into illegal racing light to light and dont have time to go to drag races etc. I simply love the look of the camaro. amazing how something like this can aggitate people. it is a car for christ sake
Old 02-14-2011, 08:31 AM   #12
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
ask yourself if he is a true friend,or just a 20 year acquaintance.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:44 AM   #13
1bad65
Banned

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSVX View Post
Your V-6 has a good bit more Horse Power and Torque then his Cobra.
The OP has his friend's car beat in hp, but not torque.

As to the OP's friend, he was acting like a jerk.
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:49 AM   #14
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Nobody bashes my car to my face or on the phone assuming they were serious. Joking around is one thing, seriously bashing my car, I would have nothing more to do with that person. Harsh you think? Damn straight!! Homie don't play that shit.
Oh Yeah, well my car will beat your car!

j/k
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote