Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-01-2011, 02:27 PM   #1
binlow84

Drives: '10 Camaro, IBM 2LT/RS
Strange thing just happened.....

I just stepped outside to move the Camaro to let another car out of the driveway and something strange happened. With this car I've gotten into the habit of turning the key and letting it go, since you don't have to keep the key turned the whole time it's cranking (I know there's a name for this feature, just can't remember it at the moment). So I do that as normal and as soon as I released the key it stopped cranking. After a few seconds of confusion I turned it again and released. Same thing. For the next attempt I kept the key turned until it started and everything worked fine, car started up and I was able to back it out and back in. Fearing that there was something wrong with the car after I pulled it back in I tried to start it with a quick turn and release as normal and it continued to crank as it should and started with no problems.....

Has anyone else had this happen to them before? Was this some odd electronic fluke caused by the positioning of Venus in relation to Neptune and the Sun? Should I be worried about this even if it never happens again......? Thanks in advance for any help...
Produced - 2/24/10
In the driveway - 3/4/10
Total time order to delivery - 47 days
binlow84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:33 PM   #2
Ivas
el Ruco

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (now runnin' TENS )
Obviously there's a hitch in the get-along which is consummately allied to the angle of the dangle. Say the complete rosary thrice whilst throttling the life outa' the mother-in-law.
You'll see, everything will be hunky-dory.
Ivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:36 PM   #3
DocKevin

Drives: '10 Malibu, '97 'Stang Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivas View Post
Obviously there's a hitch in the get-along which is consummately allied to the angle of the dangle. Say the complete rosary thrice whilst throttling the life outa' the mother-in-law.
.......... What?!
DocKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:37 PM   #4
Rob191288

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
It has happened to me multiple times. Car is fine. Sometimes it just requires being held.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:42 PM   #5
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocKevin View Post
.......... What?!
He's off his medication.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:50 PM   #6
binlow84

Drives: '10 Camaro, IBM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Phew, glad I read this first. I would have only said the rosary once, which in hindsight I can see would have discombobulated the thingamaroo and thrown the entire contortion array out of whack. And I don't think I need to tell any of you about how bad an out-of-whack contortion array is....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob191288
It has happened to me multiple times. Car is fine. Sometimes it just requires being held.
Being serious now, thanks. Good to know I'm not the only one this has happened to. So far my baby has been problem free and I guess I'm a bit paranoid.
Produced - 2/24/10
In the driveway - 3/4/10
Total time order to delivery - 47 days
binlow84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:54 PM   #7
Red Jewel RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
It has happened to me as well. The way I understand it is if the computer just senses a "flash" of current from a quick key turn it thinks there is something wrong and requires the key to be held until start up. Mine did it once and the DIC said that the stability track needed service. Next time I started everything was ok. Others on here may have a better technical explanation but that is mine. Remember it is all controlled by a computer.
Red Jewel RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:05 PM   #8
jkelly
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: 2lt summit white dk gray int
Quote:
pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!
2010 summit white 2Lt cgm rally stripes,hot pink pin stripes,doug thorley shorties,pink bowties,led side markers,sequetial led tail lights,NLP spoiler,magnaflow axel back exhaust, AIRAID CAI(soon to be Vararam)
jkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:57 PM   #9
stingrayj
QuandoOmniFlunkusMoritati

Drives: '06 Magnum R/T -to be '01 Camaro SS
Quote:
Is this line from Pirates of the Caribean? It just really sounds like a Jack Sparrow ramble.
stingrayj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:01 PM   #10
ss=scuba steve

Drives: 2011 1SS Cyber Gray Metallic
I spoke to Mr. Goodwrench about this issue. He said there will be a TSB for the ocillator valve sticking.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:17 PM   #11
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
i'm not 100% about this, but i think it also doesn't work if your wheels are turned.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:12 PM   #12
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
It has happened to me also, usually just cause I have not kept the clutch fully depressed.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:24 PM   #13
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
It did happen to me , well no to me but to the other car [2009 express cargo van ] once and that was it
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:25 PM   #14
Ivas
el Ruco

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (now runnin' TENS )
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingrayj View Post
Is this line from Pirates of the Caribean? It just really sounds like a Jack Sparrow ramble.
Dude, such high praise. It seems the quality of my nonsense is rising. Thanks be to all those who provide me the acorns from which comedic oaks do grow.
Ivas is offline   Reply With Quote