Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-04-2011, 08:43 PM   #29
Pay2Play

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I can not speak for Corsa because I have never owned any of their product, but I have had Borla on 3 different cars ('98 Corvette, '02 GS300 and currently my '10 Camaro) and I absolutely love their exhaust. My Camaro has the axle back S-Type which has a nice low rumble that definitely wakes up when you step on it. I'm looking forward to getting the rest of the exhaust replaced to make it even louder, but as is it sounds really good.
Pay2Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:50 AM   #30
T-r3x

Drives: 2010 camaro ss ( LS3 )
Thanks all 4 your comments
I think I'll go with corsa
T-r3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:09 AM   #31
medicineman

Drives: 2011 SS
i see most who are responding here have LS3's. i have L99 and was looking at flowmaster AT catback. i'm looking for something better than stock but NOT to wake neighbors! everyone talks about the AFM and drone with the L99 and it's been discussed on numerous threads, not looking to get into that. just want better sound. also am getting a CAI cold air intake at same time. thoughts?
medicineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:21 AM   #32
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicineman View Post
i see most who are responding here have LS3's. i have L99 and was looking at flowmaster AT catback. i'm looking for something better than stock but NOT to wake neighbors! everyone talks about the AFM and drone with the L99 and it's been discussed on numerous threads, not looking to get into that. just want better sound. also am getting a CAI cold air intake at same time. thoughts?
Corsa...

FM and Borla will have some MINOR issues with AFM. Minor.. but you can notice it. If you want a truly drone free setup and plan on keeping AFM....

Make it easier on yourself and go corsa... if you want to tune it out, then Borla or FM.
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 04:08 PM   #33
brAnd7onX

Drives: 2012 1SS IOM
What are some of the benefits of going with a borla cat-back as supposed to a borla axle-back?? Performance, sound???

2012 Camaro SS IOM "TigreSS"
Borla "S" Catback
C.A.I. Intake
VMax Ported TB
JRE Tune
brAnd7onX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 05:40 PM   #34
mike25

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
corsa for me...dont even have the car yet and have already ordered it..i have had their systems on all my cars and i love them..
2LT/RS M6 CGM VIN#53104 SOLD

2012 Black 2SS/RS w/ Hurst-

Mods:
Corsa catback, SSE, Vararam
mike25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:01 PM   #35
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
I've had Corsa on 2 different L99's. Each step of the mod process I've been increasingly glad I got Corsa.

- Corsa catback only was very quiet until you got on it. So quiet that it was almost like stock. Others sounded better but Corsa did not drone.

- Add Headers and it totally wakes up this system, Borla and Magnaflow had a nice deep tone which I liked better but Corsa had zero drone of any kind.

- Add Cam and Corsa is a total beast and still with zero drone, but so loud at startup it got tough to start at 530am But the sound now is second to none... side by side I would take Corsa for sound alone. Video
Old 08-06-2011, 09:01 PM   #36
T-r3x

Drives: 2010 camaro ss ( LS3 )
What do u mean by ( drone ) poaple ??!!
i didn't understand :(
T-r3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:54 PM   #37
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
couple thing i want to say about this.

a LS3 corsa is not quiet. idk why you think that. people all the time say corsa with headers is a loud setup.

i had a girl once say my car sounds like a boat and she loves boats LOL. so you might be little right about that one. but that was one person.

ya borla S-type and borla in general does sound good not going to lie. but i bet it has more drone to it than corsa but i can see why borla would have more sales over corsa. it has a deeper more muscle car tone.

as a well know vendor people will take your advise. on things like this. and i feel you have no right saying the your exhaust setup is perfect. maybe perfect your you. not for me. i have heard your car on you tube. yes it sounds good, but not loud enough for me, so its not prefect for me. in fact i bet corsa sells more over stinger on 5th gens. funny how so many people here give the best reviews on there setup and act like its the best one out there.

we both know that many people here like corsa, and i feel you just gave it a bad rep. i feel you should have gave it a fairer review. say the negative and positive about different exhaust setups. i didn't see one thing good about corsa what you just said, yet so many people here love it.

not trying to flame you or anything, you are a good vendor here i just would like it to be fair, and not just recommend what you think is the best.
The man is entitled to his opinion......he used the term IMO which means In My Opinion..... This is a messsage board.....it's what people do.....they give opinions on stuff.
HufferSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:13 PM   #38
Kahdir

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
T-r3x, glad to hear you're going with Corsa

BTW... if you haven't found a sponsoring vendor to ship overseas, pm me.
Kahdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:19 PM   #39
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powhusku View Post
I am also in the market for a cat-back system. I am currently leaning more towards the Corsa system, its sound is great and I love the look of it as well as the promises of "no drone". However, price wise, you could easily get great sound by just getting a Borla ATAK axel-back and save yourself some dough for other mods. Another way to get any system sounding good is to throw on a high quality CAI. From what I hear, Cold Air Inductions' CAI makes the best one, and I also hear that it will greatly benefit your exhaust note as well. But like everyone says, its all up to what YOU like. I personally like the Corsa, and here's why:
That's my car! And me.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:26 PM   #40
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
couple thing i want to say about this.

a LS3 corsa is not quiet. idk why you think that. people all the time say corsa with headers is a loud setup.

i had a girl once say my car sounds like a boat and she loves boats LOL. so you might be little right about that one. but that was one person.

ya borla S-type and borla in general does sound good not going to lie. but i bet it has more drone to it than corsa but i can see why borla would have more sales over corsa. it has a deeper more muscle car tone.

as a well know vendor people will take your advise. on things like this. and i feel you have no right saying the your exhaust setup is perfect. maybe perfect your you. not for me. i have heard your car on you tube. yes it sounds good, but not loud enough for me, so its not prefect for me. in fact i bet corsa sells more over stinger on 5th gens. funny how so many people here give the best reviews on there setup and act like its the best one out there.

we both know that many people here like corsa, and i feel you just gave it a bad rep. i feel you should have gave it a fairer review. say the negative and positive about different exhaust setups. i didn't see one thing good about corsa what you just said, yet so many people here love it.

not trying to flame you or anything, you are a good vendor here i just would like it to be fair, and not just recommend what you think is the best.
...mike, relax man...

he said in his opinion...and you DO realize he SELLS corsa at the same price as borla?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-r3x View Post
What do u mean by ( drone ) poaple ??!!
i didn't understand :(
if you bought corsa, it is nothing you will ever have to worry about lol.

Like I said, I love my borla, I do believe it is the BEST sounding exhaust around as far as tone and volume... but there is drone on the highway, I do mostly city driving. Corsa is hands down the BEST exhaust for highway driving or people who cannot stand drone.

Both exhausts appeal to a different demographic for those reasons...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brAnd7onX View Post
What are some of the benefits of going with a borla cat-back as supposed to a borla axle-back?? Performance, sound???
Axle for sound improvement only....a cheap, QUICK improvement over stock. I couldn't afford the cat back at first, so I went axle back almost immediately after I got the home. It won't disturb any neighbors, start up sounds incredible... but idle and driving volume is rather tame. Cat back you will see minimal performance gains, but you likely wont see any on the axle back. I think I saw maybe 4-5 horses for the cat back, but the sound became much more throaty and defined with the cat back due to elimination of the resonators (I assume)...

Once I added headers, I realized what a beautiful thing Borla S type.
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:15 PM   #41
Ohten

Drives: Granite Crystal Challenger SRT
Corsa,I have had Corsa exhaust on both of my L-99 Camaro's.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:55 PM   #42
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
There isn't much that I have heard that sounds better than LTs and Borla Type S mufflers........it sounds AWESOME. Deep and muscle car like...and the only drone I get is if I lug the motor....downshift into the right gear and the drone is gone.
HufferSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
corsa or borla