Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-06-2009, 08:12 PM   #1
mamaro

Drives: '10 IOM 2LT/RS M6
YES!!! She’s here and she’s a survivor

She Arrived at the dealer on the 31st of July, after surviving an OKC hailstorm... I took her right home. I know that some of you wouldn’t have because she was damaged and repaired, but I’ve been attached to her since before she was born, and I couldn't leave her. Thanks to the fine people on this forum that have helped us track our vehicles, I knew where she was from the time she left Oshawa. I cried when I heard the hailstorm had passed over the rail yard. I cried when I first saw her at the dealer’s, she was so beautiful. I’ve worked hard to get to the point that I could purchase a vehicle when I saw one I wanted. I raised 3 children on my own, and drove what was practical and what I could afford. Twenty years ago at 40 I went to college while working full time, and achieved my bachelor’s degree. Eight years ago I went on to get my master’s degree, and now at 60, I was recently promoted to systems analyst and database administrator at a municipal government office. I’m a great grandmother—my oldest granddaughter is in the Air Force stationed in Italy, and she has an 18 month old boy—but not too old to be able to appreciate driving an awesome car.

Back to my new baby. I took everyone’s advice and spent a great deal of time looking her over at all angles and in different light situations. I was given the detailed work order and receipt for the dent repair, and I checked out all the areas that were repaired. There is no sign whatsoever that she was in a hailstorm. The only things I found that were wrong with her were 2 small nicks on the driver’s door edge, a long scuff mark on the left side of the rear bumper, and the overhead light assembly box by the rear view mirror is not attached on the front side. All easily repairable. My dealer has arranged for the repairs.

So, today I took her in to have the stripes installed. Dealer sends me to a local shop. I reluctantly dropped her off, and called back 3 hours later to see if she was ready. Yes, but they had to talk to me about one of the stripes. They messed it up, and had to order another, which won’t be here until next Wednesday. I’m attaching pictures of the damage. Until then, I have to drive this beautiful car with a crinkled stripe. But we’re both proudly holding our heads up high, and giving everyone a great big grin when they look to see this granny driving this gorgeous beauty of a car.

I love everything about her. The clutch and gears are so smooth, the seats are awesomely comfortable, she takes the road so gracefully, and she is giving me a renewed energy. I am out there everyday several times a day looking her over from head to foot, making sure she is clean and neat. I feel so at peace driving this car, I don’t want to get out. I just want to drive drive drive.

Sorry for the rant. I just want to thank everyone involved in producing this car from the bottom of my heart for giving us such a remarkable automobile. I appreciate your efforts and your passion. I am not only loving my Camaro, but also enjoying the hell out of her. We’re both survivors, so I know she’s going to be with me for a long time.

One other thing...this is the greatest forum and it has the greatest people loving the greatest car in the world!!

Pictures:
Attached Images

mamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:14 PM   #2
chevyridinghigh
The Bowtie Is Back

Drives: 2010 Silver Camaro SS/RS -Blk Int.
What's that hanging in the last photos?
Old 08-06-2009, 08:16 PM   #3
mamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyridinghigh View Post
What's that hanging in the last photos?
That is the overhead light assembly box. Have to have it fixed. I'm thinking that maybe that happened when they were getting the dents out?
Old 08-06-2009, 08:40 PM   #4
txaggie_08

Drives: 2003 F-150
I hate to say this, but the front stripes are not centered the same. Atleast they don't appear to be inthat picture. The one on the left of the photo (passenger side) seems to be further away from the center of the hood than the other. Make sure to point it out if that is the case, and they should fix it when you get the stripes redone.

Beautiful car though!! I really like the IOM
Old 08-06-2009, 08:57 PM   #5
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Great story, and great car.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:15 PM   #6
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Thumbs up Congratulations!

What a beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looks great and what a great story. You are some kind of lady.
We should all be as adventureous as you.
Enjoy your new addition - I'm sure you'll treasure her always Enjoy the ride!

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:29 PM   #7
mamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by txaggie_08 View Post
I hate to say this, but the front stripes are not centered the same. Atleast they don't appear to be inthat picture. The one on the left of the photo (passenger side) seems to be further away from the center of the hood than the other. Make sure to point it out if that is the case, and they should fix it when you get the stripes redone.

Beautiful car though!! I really like the IOM
Thanks for pointing that out. I will make sure they get them straight, or they will be buying another set of stripes!
Old 08-06-2009, 09:41 PM   #8
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Gratzz it's perfect!!
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:43 PM   #9
dreammy
Banned

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM RS
Enjoyed your story very much. I am sure that this new car will bring you lots of joy! I ordered a very similar one and am anxiously awaiting its arrival.
dreammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:20 AM   #10
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Congrats to you and be prepared to get younger and younger every time you get behind the wheel of the MOST AMAZING CAR EVER MADE IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE!!!...

This car is the "fountain of youth" and a "happy pill" all rolled into a car called CAMARO!!!...
Old 08-07-2009, 12:37 PM   #11
mamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by "prima"Donna View Post
Congrats to you and be prepared to get younger and younger every time you get behind the wheel of the MOST AMAZING CAR EVER MADE IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE!!!...

This car is the "fountain of youth" and a "happy pill" all rolled into a car called CAMARO!!!...
Thanks!! I'm looking forward to getting younger.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:38 PM   #12
mamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
What a beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looks great and what a great story. You are some kind of lady.
We should all be as adventureous as you.
Enjoy your new addition - I'm sure you'll treasure her always Enjoy the ride!
Thank you very much. I really appreciate that.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:52 PM   #13
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Congrats, you are awesome! I know what you mean, I've got the 70's tunes on the XM radio and think that I can drive like a nut/idiot again like I did when I was in high school!
Old 08-07-2009, 12:57 PM   #14
djinva
Bow Tie Fan

Drives: 16 Camaro 2SS
Great story! Enjoy your car.
12 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
Instagram: djinva88
djinva is offline   Reply With Quote