Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 07:03 AM   #267
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Yeah like scrming said those in the know will be very into the sound. V6owner had messaged me about the tweety bird sound from the BOV and told him it was normal also. If you look on YouTube you will see that all Vortech chargers sound the same. AND GET THAT WIDEBAND INSTALLED ALREADY!!
Old 07-28-2012, 09:21 AM   #268
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Yeah like scrming said those in the know will be very into the sound. V6owner had messaged me about the tweety bird sound from the BOV and told him it was normal also. If you look on YouTube you will see that all Vortech chargers sound the same. AND GET THAT WIDEBAND INSTALLED ALREADY!!
The bigger hose helped a lot for the BOV. It only tweets a second then "pshhhh"
Old 07-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #269
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Embarrassing??? No way!! I love that sound at idle! Roll through a parking lot full of car enthusiasts and watch the heads turn!
Well the turbine jet sound is pretty bawss. It's the "hey I think you have a bad bearing" sound that kinda makes you go hmmmm. At idle it 1 part cool turbine sound and 3 parts the other sound. But it's only at idle and worse if the AC is on.

Quote:
Ima going to the muffler shop first thing Monday morning to get that bung welded in. Then we can get that wide band hooked up. Yeah Jon already warned me about the turkey gobbler BOV sound as he put it. I don't have any issues with that. It's kind of funny. I would prefer the single pshhewww and I may change it out down the road. The main thing that seems odd is when you take your foot off the gas, the motor doesn't seem to decel so it sounds like something prolly needs to be adjusted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6owner View Post
The bigger hose helped a lot for the BOV. It only tweets a second then "pshhhh"
What do you mean bigger hose?
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #270
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Yeah, you should hear my car now. The new HPFP makes a very different noise than the stock one. With the vacuum pump on it is whezzing and sneezing all the time. You'd think the car was about to give up the ghost. My car sounds worse and worse all the time. Think I need to do cut outs just to mask it all (J/K).
Old 07-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #271
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
My car sounds worse and worse all the time. Think I need to do cut outs just to mask it all (J/K).
Old 07-28-2012, 11:04 AM   #272
SIXJAK

I should prolly just put everything back to stock and enjoy my car that way. LOL.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:08 AM   #273
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
I should prolly just put everything back to stock and enjoy my car that way. LOL.
Lmao I don't see you being happy after tasting FI. Ask V6owner what I told him to do to get his sounding like that.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Old 07-28-2012, 11:19 AM   #274
SIXJAK

Quote:
Lmao I don't see you being happy after tasting FI. Ask V6owner what I told him to do to get his sounding like that.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

After feeling that pressured boosted feeling just riding shotgun last night I know I'm gonna love this. Boost gauge should be going in today. Wonder if my left fender liner will show up today at the dealership. Hate having my intake so exposed. I'll see if I can take a picture of it while I still have the jacked up fendeliner on it and post it up. This car will not be fording any puddles or streams anytime soon.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:14 PM   #275
SIXJAK

Had wide band O2 welded into the pipe this morning. That is all.

Still need to install gauges so we can better assess why I'm not getting much if any boost. Also need to install new fender liners and modded crash bar and all the pieces will be in/on. I have the tweener pulley.

Installer has a lot of personal issues hitting him from all sides so my install has pretty much come to a stand still. :/
Old 07-31-2012, 09:19 PM   #276
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Dang sorry about the pause on your build, you're so close!
Old 08-01-2012, 05:26 AM   #277
SwitchBlade

Drives: 2010 1LT Camaro Silver Ice
Sorry to hear it too. I think being close is sometimes worse than being far away from a goal.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #278
SIXJAK

Crash bar mod is finally completed.

And then which one of these bawse accessories should I put on my sled?

I know my build has been taking forever and a day. Unfortunately my installer has been hugely distracted by a ton of family matters which sucks for me but it is what it is. It's not so much that he's been spending tons of time over the last 3 weeks on the install it's really a matter of the phone ringing every time he sits down to work on the build. :( We rechecked all of the connections as well as the O-ring in the BOV today, everything checked out. Gauges should be installed tonight. ordered 1 stage colder plugs they should be here on Tuesday.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #279
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Don't do the 3M fender vents!
Old 08-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #280
blackTT600

Drives: 2011 2LT M6 SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Crash bar mod is finally completed.

And then which one of these bawse accessories should I put on my sled?
NONE!!!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
lol