Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-31-2008, 10:35 PM   #1
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
A word from Riley Technologies

...The second significant concurrent program for Riley Tech is the new Chevrolet Camaro entry for the Grand-Am KONI Sports Car Challenge. Announced in September, the Riley Camaro entry will go head to head against competition that includes contenders like the BMW M3, Porsche 911, Ford Mustang, and Dodge Challenger in the top GS Class of KONI competition.

The Camaro will be initially raced Stateside, but is also expected to be a stout entry for FIA GT4 competition in Europe.

Riley is working closely with Chevrolet as the machine nears production to and then moves to race preparation, with the first entry scheduled to be deployed in late spring. The Camaro has been the darling of the auto and specialty automotive show circuit of late, with an iconic blue iteration attracting significant media and prospective customer interest in advance of the machine's full release.

"We had a lot of interest in the Camaro when we announced it in the fall, but now that everyone has seen it in person, it's just been even stronger," said Riley Technologies VP Bill Riley. "The fans are going to love seeing this car race. The KONI Sports Car Challenge is a really competitive category, but this Camaro should be a great package. We're also excited about the interest this car has generated from Europe. So we've been busy getting things ready to go-not just with the car, but also to develop the same kind of support program for our KONI customers that we have had for our GT and Daytona Prototype customers for so many years."

http://www.grandamerican.com/rolex/n....cfm?cid=20230

That's the blue car in San Diego right now.
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 12:08 AM   #2
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
Can't wait to see the striped down version of the Camaro going around the track I'm sure the only thing it will share from ours would be the shape but still cool. I remember over a year ago reading NASCAR wanted to replace the stock cars in the BUSH series with pony cars, Camaro's, Mustang and Challenger shells that would have been great but nothing else has poped up so I'm sure it's a no go.
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 12:11 AM   #3
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireresq157 View Post
Can't wait to see the striped down version of the Camaro going around the track I'm sure the only thing it will share from ours would be the shape but still cool. I remember over a year ago reading NASCAR wanted to replace the stock cars in the BUSH series with pony cars, Camaro's, Mustang and Challenger shells that would have been great but nothing else has poped up so I'm sure it's a no go.
Too bad, I'd actually watch Nascar then probably...and boohoo, toyota wouldn't have anything to enter either