Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 10-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #379
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria View Post
I've emptied mine once in 12,000 miles. Got about a half cup out of it.

John B.
Wow, so I wonder why some have to change it so often, and yours hardly at all?

Is it really just dependants on air temps, humidity and such or is something else going on here.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #380
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Air temps, humidity and the fact that mine usually gets used for longer trips, so I probably don't have near the moisture accumulation in the crankcase as others do. I'm sure it all plays a part. We are talking DRY here.

John B.
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:32 PM   #381
stevey_frac

Drives: 2010 LT2/RS Coupe
So, is your experience that everything is worked out on your supercharger install now?

Your initial experiences with the cars stalling and such are gone? So if I went and got an install done there would be minimal issues? I wouldn't have wanted to put with the hassle that you did.
stevey_frac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:06 PM   #382
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevey_frac View Post
So, is your experience that everything is worked out on your supercharger install now?

Your initial experiences with the cars stalling and such are gone? So if I went and got an install done there would be minimal issues? I wouldn't have wanted to put with the hassle that you did.
Everything is mostly worked out, just trying a different gas station right now due to knock retard. I hate gas stations owners.

The car hasn't stalled in a long time, but I haven't had the AC on, that was when it mostly happened. I think if you have the stock headers and cats, your car won't have as many problems. My car has full bolt-ons, only other mod I can do to the engine is to start doing internal work.

There problem something the people who are having stalling problems have in common, just have to figure out what it is. Not every kit is stalling so its probably some mod we have done that it doesn't like. Mine didn't stall until I removed my high-flow cats, so it might be the lack of back-pressure causing the issues.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #383
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Wow, so I wonder why some have to change it so often, and yours hardly at all?

Is it really just dependants on air temps, humidity and such or is something else going on here.
I think the warmer temps combined with low humidity is it. Here in sunny S. Utah relative humidity is frequently in the single digits with night time lows 45-50, warming up to 70's during the day. And it'll stay that way thru Dec! Rain is infrequent enuff to require comment, "Hey look- it's raining!"

I checked my catchcan after 2K miles and it had less than an ounce in it.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:44 PM   #384
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Everything is mostly worked out, just trying a different gas station right now due to knock retard. I hate gas stations owners.

The car hasn't stalled in a long time, but I haven't had the AC on, that was when it mostly happened. I think if you have the stock headers and cats, your car won't have as many problems. My car has full bolt-ons, only other mod I can do to the engine is to start doing internal work.

There problem something the people who are having stalling problems have in common, just have to figure out what it is. Not every kit is stalling so its probably some mod we have done that it doesn't like. Mine didn't stall until I removed my high-flow cats, so it might be the lack of back-pressure causing the issues.
Try some Torco out next race day- mine has knocked twice, (both times on the street when I got stupid in 2nd gear and forgot to shift!)- KABOOM! There was no mistaking it.

Fortunately no casualties, but the Torco will likely give you some protection on the track and I've not seen any loss of performance mentioned by race gas users.

http://torcoracefuel.net/
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:52 PM   #385
MagnumForceGB

At the track I mix 104 octane with the 91 octane I have in the tank. I use my torque app to get the percentage of fuel left, multiply that by 19, then divide by 2.

Don't know if its in my head, but the car just pulled so hard it hurt my chest. When it shifted from 2nd to 3rd you could feel the car lunge forward. The new gas station I tried may have been better, will see. I'm also now using Royal Purple 5W-30 HPS, since my warranty is gone might as well see if it will help the seals.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:03 PM   #386
J_Vibe92

Drives: 2013 Mustang 5.0
You better come to camaro fest so I can see if its worth it for my llt!!
Visual mods: Eagle Eyes w/5k hids, Custom Hood Spears, Heritage Grille, Stage 2 LED Dome lights,Transformer Emblems, PD Bezels, 19in Chevy rims with pirellis, Blue painted calipers, GM GFX Front Splitter, 35/20 % Tint, TailLight Tint(charcoal)
1/4 Mile: 13.65 sec @ 102.53 mph R.I.P.
J_Vibe92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:13 PM   #387
MagnumForceGB

I won't be going to Camaro fest now, I'm a government contractor and during the shutdown I had to use all my vacation hours just to get paid (I won't get backpay like the feds will).
Old 10-24-2013, 07:28 PM   #388
MagnumForceGB

May have found the reason for my high Knock Retard. The picture is the elbow connector to the supercharger inlet. Even with the catch can my intake is sucking in a lot of oil.
Attached Images

Old 10-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #389
MagnumForceGB

My wife has to do some kind of event at her college but I'm begging her to let me go to the track myself. The current DA is 775, tonight it will be near 0. Never gets this good here.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:21 PM   #390
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
That should be some good air for you. I plan to run on Sunday and will be looking at negative DA. Now I just hope we get traction.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:34 PM   #391
MagnumForceGB

My car was pulling 8 degrees of timing even with 104 octane mixed in with 91, so its not the fuel. The car for some reason now is running way too lean, 13:1 and spikes to almost 14:1 briefly in boost. I'm going to load an old tune that I had that was too rich.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:17 AM   #392
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
May have found the reason for my high Knock Retard. The picture is the elbow connector to the supercharger inlet. Even with the catch can my intake is sucking in a lot of oil.
Did you log over how many miles that was by chance?

Over a few hundred miles I caught a couple ounces of waterly fluid/fuel.