Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-28-2010, 10:12 PM   #85
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Drives: A 2013 SS RS 6M SR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
"that isn't my experience, I hope it works out for you."

To the OP. 1SS Black interior, gauge pkg, and some other mods. Daily driver, great car, no worries here.

anything under the hood yet?? i'm looking at doing the same as you with the interior..poss aftermarket leather??
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:25 PM   #86
Jarhead
Semper Fi Camaro

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Aqua Blue LS3 Gauge PKG
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
anything under the hood yet?? i'm looking at doing the same as you with the interior..poss aftermarket leather??
Check my garage, and albums, I've found a seat cover that really works great and protects the cloth real well. Also added blue footwell lighting, that gets a lot of comments always. The Barton Short Throw Shifter is absoutely awesome. I'm pretty well adjusted to it now, great shifter.
Painted my Speedo Bezel ABM, I think I'm going to find a cloth that matches the ABM and redo the door panel and trim on the dash with that.

Nothin under the hood yet. Waiting to see how she breaks in before I mod that out. It is my DD so I need to be considerate of that.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:47 PM   #87
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
Check my garage, and albums, I've found a seat cover that really works great and protects the cloth real well. Also added blue footwell lighting, that gets a lot of comments always. The Barton Short Throw Shifter is absoutely awesome. I'm pretty well adjusted to it now, great shifter.
Painted my Speedo Bezel ABM, I think I'm going to find a cloth that matches the ABM and redo the door panel and trim on the dash with that.

Nothin under the hood yet. Waiting to see how she breaks in before I mod that out. It is my DD so I need to be considerate of that.
Sweet I hear you on the DD, mine won't be thankfully...

I'm torn between the Hurst and the Barton..
Old 04-29-2010, 07:34 AM   #88
Jarhead
Semper Fi Camaro

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Aqua Blue LS3 Gauge PKG
Quote:
Sweet I hear you on the DD, mine won't be thankfully...

I'm torn between the Hurst and the Barton..
I can't speak on the Hurst, but taking the posts into consideration that I've read on the site, it seems to have more negative than positive. Most likely based upon personal preference I'm sure.

There was one post that did a back to back test of 2 shifters, here is the post link. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ter+comparison

It compared a Hurst and MGW. I used this post to make a good portion of my decision to go with something other than the Hurst. I reviewed other info and it just seemed, to me anyway, to be too much negative for the features/feel I was looking for.

I later selected the Barton for the simular look, but had better responses from users. Now I'm one of them, Go with the Barton, Great product, great looks, great feel, No issues of any kind to date anyway. long term is still waiting to prove itself out.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:07 PM   #89
motor1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/M6.....no longer
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSUNCSU View Post
I went 1SS, but I knew I was going with the Wet Okole Seat Covers, they work pretty good down here in the Heat and during the winter cool...
Do you have any pics of the covers and would you buy them again? thanks
motor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:15 PM   #90
DarrenJ

Drives: '67 Camaro ZZ4 & 2010 IOM 2SS
Quote:
wimp kit? Please expound...

Just ordered my 1SS RS M6 and Sunroof. Last allocation from the dealership for the 2010's

The waiting beings...

On the leather note...Adding limo tint helps ALOT and durability has never been a problem with GM's leather if you know how to maintain it. I will probably add aftermarket leather to solve that problem.

now the waiting beings....
Sound & vibration kit comes with the shifter but it's not to be used if it's raced....
DarrenJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:30 PM   #91
n2oSS

Drives: 2010 SS2 Camaro
I got a 2ss/rs. I have no complaints and love hookin my iphone to the usb to charge and play music at same time.

haven't seen any leather seat problems and i live in a part of texas where its either really cold or really hot and the car is black.

bluetooth is nice as well all though i cant hear the shit now to save my life over my wide open exhaust.
Appearance Mods:
AAC Concept Sidemarkers, P13W Plasma LED Bulbs, Iforged Classics 20".
Next Mods:
Cam and Fuel System.
n2oSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:12 PM   #92
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenJ View Post
Sound & vibration kit comes with the shifter but it's not to be used if it's raced....
I was thinking that they might have just been ignorant of that part of the kit making such a huge difference? I always knew hurst to make a good product.

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

Old 04-30-2010, 09:39 PM   #93
DarrenJ

Drives: '67 Camaro ZZ4 & 2010 IOM 2SS
Quote:
I was thinking that they might have just been ignorant of that part of the kit making such a huge difference? I always knew hurst to make a good product.
I left it off, it was optional & not to be used for competition...that was good enough for me...the stock one was enough "sponge" for me for a lifetime - stock shifter = epic fail.
DarrenJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:01 PM   #94
SSIN

Drives: 2SS/RS Jewel Coat
2SS and you will have no regrets.
SSIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:26 PM   #95
Speedfreak

Drives: 1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am
1SS = no lame ass backup sensors FTW. Plus you can put some Katzkins leather in for a much better product and more custom
Old 04-30-2010, 11:19 PM   #96
victory red ss

Drives: 2010 ss L99
i got the 2ss victory red love it leather all the way
victory red ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:44 AM   #97
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedfreak View Post
1SS = no lame ass backup sensors FTW. Plus you can put some Katzkins leather in for a much better product and more custom
True..thinking of going this route with the seats as i have purchased a 1ss already.

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

Old 05-01-2010, 11:23 AM   #98
Ukd73

Drives: 2010 1ss/rs Ls3
1SS forget the leather and high tech crap, under the hood is what counts and add what you like later and katskins would be much better anyway. get your headers, tune and exhaust plus other go fast goodies and have the option to pick what brand you want with the extra cash. only thing I might add is steering wheel controls for the radio. my seats dont wobble sounds like a warranty replacement to me good luck.
Ukd73 is offline   Reply With Quote