Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 02-02-2014, 09:27 AM   #1
uoflcamaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS
took my car to the dealer yesterday...

After paying $40.00 for just an oil change, I open the door to find my door sill scratched to hell and covered in mud. ( how do you get your shoes muddy working in the service dept?) Also they managed to get dirt on the headliner putting on the service sticker! I would expect this if I took my car to Walmart.
uoflcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 04:36 PM   #2
bf7

Drives: 2013 Yellow 1LT/RS
I feel you. I took mine in to replace some tape underneath the passenger door that prevents rock salt chipping. They took the old tape off with a knife at a bad angle and cut into the paint. Then just covered it up with the new tape. Will never go back to the dealer for maintenance or repairs.
bf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 07:58 PM   #3
jrpimp00

Drives: '10 Black/IOM Camaro SS/RS
Op, what did you do about it? If nothing, why waste space posting. No sense in complaining if you're not going to do anything about it. JMO
Old 02-02-2014, 11:21 PM   #4
Titan

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpimp00 View Post
Op, what did you do about it? If nothing, why waste space posting. No sense in complaining if you're not going to do anything about it. JMO
Just thinking outside the box here-He probably posted it to vent his frustration to people that under stand taking care of their cars. I dont understand your problem with him posting his thread.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:58 AM   #5
jrpimp00

Drives: '10 Black/IOM Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post
Just thinking outside the box here-He probably posted it to vent his frustration to people that under stand taking care of their cars. I dont understand your problem with him posting his thread.
Not a problem with the post, it just sucks when people don't hold these dealerships/service departments responsible.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:53 PM   #6
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Lesson to be learned: change your own oil.

Takes around 20 minutes and you save $5-$10 (once you get the basic hand tools and drain pan) along with earning a sense of accomplishment.

Speaking of Walmart, that's where you'd want to get the oil. The 5 qt jugs of Mobil 1 synthetic there usually cost $27.00 and then a 1 qt. bottle is like, $6.50 (V6 takes 6 qts, right? Can't remember...). Then get the factory AC Delco filter for an additional $5 and you're all set.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:59 PM   #7
Yeti

Drives: Summit White RS
I got an oil change at the dealer, came home and noticed they had gotten windsheild whipped fluid all over my CAI filter. Long story short I called them ripped into the manager and two days later a new filter housing showed up to my house. I go to the dealership and expect certain things.

I would call and complain and get something out of this your happy with.
Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:03 PM   #8
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
I got an oil change at the dealer, came home and noticed they had gotten windsheild whipped fluid all over my CAI filter. Long story short I called them ripped into the manager and two days later a new filter housing showed up to my house. I go to the dealership and expect certain things.

I would call and complain and get something out of this your happy with.
It baffles me how careless, clumsy and ignorant some technicians are... What ever happened to common sense, or a funnel....
Old 02-05-2014, 04:04 PM   #9
uoflcamaro

Sorry guys been busy, I called the dealer and he was very apologetic and gave my next two oil changes free.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:13 PM   #10
uoflcamaro

You are correct Titan, I was just venting about my situation. Didn't mean to offend anyone
Old 02-07-2014, 03:46 PM   #11
AgsWinSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post

Takes around 20 minutes and you save $5-$10 (once you get the basic hand tools and drain pan) along with earning a sense of accomplishment.

Speaking of Walmart, that's where you'd want to get the oil. The 5 qt jugs of Mobil 1 synthetic there usually cost $27.00 and then a 1 qt. bottle is like, $6.50 (V6 takes 6 qts, right? Can't remember...). Then get the factory AC Delco filter for an additional $5 and you're all set.

This exactly. If you do it, you will do it up to your expectations.
AgsWinSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:07 PM   #12
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Take the cost of those two oil changes out of the mechanics pay check and all of the customers would be better off.

I'm glad they made it right by you. It's just sad that it happened. I mean getting the car dirty could be a mistake, but not cleaning it up is just lazy and wrong. There are plenty of people that want/need a job, they should kick that guy to the curb and give someone else a chance.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:14 AM   #13
iConquer
U.S. Army

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post

$27.00 + $6.50 + $5.00 = $38.50
or
have someone do it for you for $40.00.
I understand why many people change the oil themselves, but I can also understand why many people pay for it to be done at the dealership.