Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-07-2013, 10:39 PM   #57
ORANGE CRUSSH
ORANGE CRUSSH

Drives: 2SS 1LE
GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS

The GOOD NEWS is Chevrolet called to do a phone survey about how I like my new Camaro. They also asked about anything I did not like about the car, HSA was on the top of that list. They said they would forward the comments to the Chevy engineering group. I did not only complain, but offered possible solutions to any of the problems I mentioned.

The BAD NEWS is HSA still haunts us until GM takes some action on it. If we all get that call we can all mention it, and maybe a fix will be forthcoming.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #58
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
racerx1214,

We definitely appreciate and highly value your and everyone else's feedback regarding Hill Start Assist. I will make a note of these concerns and relay this information to the right source. As always, if you are experiencing a vehicle issue, don't hesitate to let us know.

Thanks so much,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Ok customer service its time to really help us with this stupid @ss thing.Mine activated twice today, once at the gas station,i dont know about anyone else but i have never seen a gas pump on a hill.The other was at the bank,and once again the parking lot wasn't on a hill.This thing is ridiculous,and we need to be able to turn it off.Does GM actually hear us?or they just dont care??????????
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #59
Cooley

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
It was pretty embarassing to have my then brand new car stall when it activated as I was exiting a parking lot across the street from a Shelby Mustang...

What better reason can you think of to correct this problem?
Old 05-12-2013, 09:20 PM   #60
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Customer service are you listening????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:13 PM   #61
Milkdudd

Drives: Saturn XR V6
Didn't know it was activating on flat ground. I positively will not place an order for a 2014 until there is a way to deactivate it. And I don't mean a trial and error, DIY computer hack solution that could void the warranty.
Milkdudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:12 PM   #62
coreyaustin17
NEC5 C-HOLE CHAMP

Drives: 2013 camaro 2SS/RS 1LE 1 of 221
PLEASE SOMEONE (GM) HELP IM BEATING THE PISS OUT OF MY CAR WITH THIS THING LIVING IN CT WAY TO MUCH ELEVATION CHANGE IN THE ROADS AFTER HAVING IT HAPPEN 6 TIMES TODAY I FINALLY FIGURED OUT YOU JUST HAVE TO TREAT IT AS IF YOU WERE ON FLAT GROUND AND IT WORKS OK BUT IM SO SICK OF THIS CUSTOMER SERVICE THIS IS A HUGE ISSSUE THAT SHOULD HAVE A SIMPLE FIX YOU HAVE HEARD THE CAMARO ENTHUSIAST CRYS FOR HELP WE NEED SOMETHING I DIDNT TAKE MY CAR OUT ON MY EVENING CRUISE WITH MY BUDDYS BECAUSE OF THE FRUSTRATION WITH THIS......THATS NOT THE WAY I SHOULD FEEL ABOUT DRIVING MY BABY IT ALMOST FEELS LIKE A EMBARRASSING HANDICAP. TO BE AFRAID OF BURNING MY CLUTCH OR STALLING IN FRONT OF MY BUDDYS WITH THERE SUBBIES AND MUSTANGS ...PLEASE HELP
Old 05-13-2013, 03:11 AM   #63
Milkdudd

Drives: Saturn XR V6
Did some research. Both Mustang and Challenger allow this "invention" to be disabled by the driver. GM make it happen for Camaro if you want me to order a 2014 SS 1LE.
Milkdudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:13 AM   #64
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Put me down as making it have a user disable feature.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:26 PM   #65
natmad

Drives: WTB '16 1SS Magride NPP Recaros 6m
If there are any improvements made to HSA in the '14 Camaro, I expect that Chevy will not advertise this so it can't be seen as an admission to the fact that it does not work well for competent drivers that don't need in the first place. No offense intended, but a driver that needs this feature should prabably be driving an automatic, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Before I order a '14 1LE, I will wait to see if drivers of the '14 Camaros report any changes in the performance of this system such as the brakes releasing when the gas pedal is pressed-rather than a two second delay-or an option to disable is incorporated.

I do not want to have to use the handbrake as a work-around to prevent this "assist" system from holding the brakes when I'm READY to pull out. I can see how drivers can be made to look silly when the engine stumbles or stalls as the driver attempts to make a normal uphill takeoff and the brake calipers are still clamping the discs.

This system frustrates me and I don't even have a car equipped with it yet!
natmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:36 PM   #66
One-Bad-ZL1
So easy to love Camaros

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VR #3457
Send a message via Yahoo to One-Bad-ZL1
I just returned from my dealership and spoke directly with the service manager and expressed my displeasure with HSA and requested he find away to disable it. Contact GM, the president, I didn't care who as long as it was shut off or rendered ineffective. He was shocked and like many have expressed here, experienced drivers do not need or want this feature so there should be an override. He asked me if I was sure the MyLink didn't have the option. This, coming from the manager of the service department not knowing the cars they service. Now Customer Service take note at why we are so frustrated at over a year and we can't get GM to act. What do we all have to do, storm the headquarters to be heard!
Old 05-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #67
Michael2000

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by natmad View Post
If there are any improvements made to HSA in the '14 Camaro, I expect that Chevy will not advertise this so it can't be seen as an admission to the fact that it does not work well for competent drivers that don't need in the first place. No offense intended, but a driver that needs this feature should prabably be driving an automatic, not that there's anything wrong with that.
Agreed. I've driven manual transmission cars on probably the steepest roads in the country, San Francisco. I don't roll back, and I don't burn up the clutch either. It's called "practice and skill". That's why we drive a manual transmission car. They need to get rid of HSA. I'm not buying until it's gone.

Michael
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:32 PM   #68
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Instead of bitching about it hear to primarily deaf ears you guys should contact the NHTSA and approach it as a safety concern. Essentially it engages erratically and can become detrimental when pulling into traffic ect. If there is a safety concern and there are enough complaints it will warrant an investigation. At that point GM will have to address the issue.

A bunch of potential customers saying they wont buy it means squat vs an investigation and potential recall.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:18 AM   #69
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
Instead of bitching about it hear to primarily deaf ears you guys should contact the NHTSA and approach it as a safety concern. Essentially it engages erratically and can become detrimental when pulling into traffic ect. If there is a safety concern and there are enough complaints it will warrant an investigation. At that point GM will have to address the issue.

A bunch of potential customers saying they wont buy it means squat vs an investigation and potential recall.
Who's going to initiate contact with the NHTSA? and what if they are already aware of it and do not deem it unsafe? Any lawyers here?

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:42 AM   #70
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
You don't need a lawyer and anyone with a concern about this feature needs to file a complaint.

NOW make sure your complaint is about the safety of the vehicle or that it works erratically. General complaint that you don't like it are not valid. IE you were pulling into traffic on level ground, it activated and it almost caused you to get hit. Ect. General bitching won't work here. You need specific example of it activating at the incorrect times ect. Do not make something up as this is taken seriously and will be investigated as deemed necessary by the NHTSA.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

From the site:

"If a safety-related defect exists in a motor vehicle or item of motor vehicle equipment, the manufacturer must provide a remedy at no cost to the owner. Your complaint is the first step in the process.
We do not have to receive a specific number of complaints before we look into a problem. We gather all available information on a problem. Your complaint is important to us."