Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 03-11-2013, 09:58 AM   #1
NoleLife

Drives: 2013 2SS M6
Seat cover for a doggy in camaro?

Sooo I'm probably getting a puppy soon and there comes the question of how will I get it to the vet, the dog park, or generally just cruising around with the guy looking cute as hell. I've done a quick google search and found a couple places (one is PrecisionFit ??) that sells seat covers but I don't have a way of knowing quality/fit/etc.

Does anyone have any experience and recommendations on brand? Also, what about material if a dog will be sitting in the seat? Things of concern (for material) are absorb-ability/resistance to liquids, durability, and preventing nails from penetrating into the leather when he gets bigger.
NoleLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #2
crateish

Drives: 45th Anniversary 2LT/RS Coupe
My wife has a strap on bed that secured the dog, but keeps him in the open. Works really well.

Try this search (She has the Top Paw Booster Seat, probably would want a blanket underneath in a Camaro):

http://www.petsmart.com/family/index...ar+Seats&fbx=1

Last edited by crateish; 03-11-2013 at 10:32 AM.
crateish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #3
biggerisbetter
lll

Drives: 2010 camaro ss L99
sorry man there is no way a dog would get in my car
DYNATECH LT 1 7/8 HEADERS, CATLESS MID PIPES, CORSA CATBACK, CAI. COLD AIR INTAKE w/ SCOOP, 1LE 3:91 GEARS, LETHAL RACING PROWLER CAM, LETHAL RACING DYNO TUNE, ENERGY CRADDLE BUSHING INSERTS, PADDLE SHIFTER RELOCATE KIT, 449RWHP/438TQ
APPEARANCE
COPO HOOD, ZL1 SPOILER, SLP BLACKOUT PANEL, PLASTI DIP WHEELS, HERITAGE GRILL, RETRO SS EMBLEMS, WEATHER TECH FLOOR MATS, ORANGE STITCHING
biggerisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #4
NoleLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggerisbetter View Post
sorry man there is no way a dog would get in my car
Well it's not getting in your car, it's getting in mine. But considering how much I care about my car, I want to make sure it's not damaged as I plan to trade up to the 6th gen. Hence, this post.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #5
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleLife View Post
Well it's not getting in your car, it's getting in mine. But considering how much I care about my car, I want to make sure it's not damaged as I plan to trade up to the 6th gen. Hence, this post.
good answer - What kind of puppy are you looking for? The only way I'd let my big dogs in the Camaro is if I wrapped them in bubble wrap and duct tape.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #6
NoleLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
good answer - What kind of puppy are you looking for? The only way I'd let my big dogs in the Camaro is if I wrapped them in bubble wrap and duct tape.

A golden... lol

Hopefully either he will be really calm, or I'll have a truck as a second car by the time he's big. Otherwise, for vet trips, I may have to bribe my dad and let him drive my Camaro for a day if I can head over and borrow his Tahoe. Parks and such arent an issue since they are within walking distance.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:31 AM   #7
TJPittbull

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LS

I don't have a choice on whether or not to put a dog in mine... Hasn't happened yet, but a dog will be in my car next weekend..

Nothing more to say.
TJPittbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #8
Abomb1223

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Goldens dont shed that much I thought . . now if it was a yellow lab . . different story and you may want to wrap the whole interior lol
Abomb1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:33 AM   #9
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
the type you plan on needing/getting depends on whether you are going to have him/her riding in the front or the back.....but either way, find something that has a bottom that is THICK, it will make it more comfortable for them and will ensure their nails won't hurt the seat.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #10
Saint_Shroomie

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
find something that has a bottom that is THICK, it will make it more comfortable for them and will ensure their nails won't hurt the seat.
Can't stress that enough. You need it thick, and if you can put towels under it to make it even thicker. Personally, I would sooner stuff my German Shepherd in the trunk, than let him ride on my leather seats. Hope you find a good one though.
Saint_Shroomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #11
erik13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS
My dog is pissed at me for buying the camaro. He's only been in it twice.
erik13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:02 PM   #12
Uileat

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
For my dog I have a nice thick and tough woven blanket that goes on the seat, and then a softer felt type blanket on top of that for her to sit on. She loves riding in the Camaro and she knows to go right into the passenger seat and sit down. She's a very good car dog.

I'd rather have her as a passenger in the Camaro than many humans I know.
Uileat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:07 PM   #13
LuSe4

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
I just put down blankets for my boy. He goes everywhere with me, I couldn't imagine it any other way. He has also never damaged my car, and my cars never smell like dog. He does shed, though, and I need to vaccum all of the time. Small price to pay!

Here he is in my 2006 Monte SS.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:32 PM   #14
malave7567

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS
it's a good thing my dogs are small... my chihuahuas have been in my Camaro a lot. I just like to cover the seat with a towel to prevent their hair from getting all over it.
malave7567 is offline   Reply With Quote