Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-26-2010, 09:53 AM   #85
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Vincent Price View Post
My wife was driving my 03 explorer when the front driver side wheel almost fell off. Apparently they have a problem with lugs snapping for no reason. 2 broke and losened 2 lugnuts off. The only thing holding the wheel on was 3 studs with one lug nut. That really pissed me off.

And Ford's "answer" is/was...?
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:54 AM   #86
Ghost of Vincent Price
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
SOunds more to me like what happened to my brown vic, had the brakes changed and the mechanic didn't get one of the wheels oon tight because the airtank for the airgun he was using apparently lost pressure. Not the cars fault.

Look it up. Its a known issue. The wheel hadnt been removed in over a year prior to that.
Ghost of Vincent Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:59 AM   #87
Ghost of Vincent Price
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
This would be a PRIME example of "asinine" posting...obviously, there's a future for you at Fox News...
Really guy? Theres a reason Fox is destroying all the other news stations ratings put together. But I dont want to get into politics on here.

Quote:
And Ford's "answer" is/was...?
I dont know if ford ever came out with a response, as all I did was go to the dealer and order new studs. At first I thought someone might of loosened them. I was pissssssed. My wife and son were in it alone when it happened.

But a little research revealed that its an actual problem

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Ex...el_studs.shtml

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...d.php?t=182346

I was lucky and my wife stopped before the wheel came off, but it ruined every stud and rounded out the holes on the wheel. I wouldnt be suprised if anyone died from this.
Ghost of Vincent Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:57 AM   #88
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Vincent Price View Post
I dont know if ford ever came out with a response, as all I did was go to the dealer and order new studs.
Firstly, sorry for the scare!

Secondly, if you do NOT "officially" pursue YOUR "situation", not likely much will change...

Respecfully, but persistently, add your "voice" to those who have "gone before you" by contacting those who NEED to know...and those who may "listen"... "Strength in numbers..."

If for no other reason than "the greater good"...
Old 02-26-2010, 11:19 AM   #89
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Firstly, sorry for the scare!

Secondly, if you do NOT "officially" pursue YOUR "situation", not likely much will change...

Respecfully, but persistently, add your "voice" to those who have "gone before you" by contacting those who NEED to know...and those who may "listen"... "Strength in numbers..."

If for no other reason than "the greater good"...
Dude your posts are painful to read with the combination of ellipses...... and BOLD, italics, and "quotes", and ..... "every possible combination of them".

Can you just type normal for "the greater good"?
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:45 AM   #90
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
This thread is on the brink of being closed. This is the only warning you will receive.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:57 PM   #91
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
people seem to forget how Toyota and Nissan and the other Japanese car makers got such a foothold in this country. It wasn't anything to do with the quality of their cars, In fact most of them were junk that would rust away in 5 years, People bought them because they were cheap to buy, they were basically throw away cars.. when they did fail, people would just go out and buy another one... To compete GM Ford and Chrysler had to cut the costs of making their cars, which cause a loss of quality, all the while the Japanese were making money hand over fist and putting more money into increasing their quality.

From observing the patterns of the past, you can prove Americans will buy anything if it is cheap enough. You can see the same thing happening with Kia and Hyundai.. the first cars they sold here were very cheap to buy and they too fell apart, but they have made enough out of selling those cars to increase their quality...The Japanese and Americans companies are finding it harder to compete with them.

The same happened with the Japanese rooting us out of the toy, and electronics businesses, now it's the Chinese and other Asian countries rooting the Japanese out. If we had not started buying their products just because they were cheaper than American products we would all have jobs and this country and it's manufacturing base would be in much better shape.

I say, "If we don't learn from our past mistakes, our future is doomed"
Old 03-02-2010, 12:26 PM   #92
Bert
synergy-green with envy

Drives: Cam....ry :-(
hmmmmm . ... looks like GM might have some issues too . . .

http://www.industryweek.com/articles...ing_21209.aspx
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:53 PM   #93
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
hmmmmm . ... looks like GM might have some issues too . . .

http://www.industryweek.com/articles...ing_21209.aspx
repost: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68534

And as was stated several times in the linked thread: At least GM didn't have to be TOLD to recall the vehicles, they did it all on their own
Old 03-02-2010, 02:34 PM   #94
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
Dude your posts are painful to read with the combination of ellipses...... and BOLD, italics, and "quotes", and ..... "every possible combination of them".

a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:40 PM   #95
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post

Dude, seems as though you can find your answer, "inward"...

I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

Kinda brings your `fan club` into perspective, as well...

But thank for the tip, Brick! After all, `polite is` as polite does...
Old 03-03-2010, 02:29 PM   #96
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
There were sayin on CNBC that people are still having problems after getting "fixed" but Toyota is saying to bad, so sad, we fixed your gas pedal, and its not the electronics, so you have no proof of a problem, piss off.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:33 PM   #97
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
There were sayin on CNBC that people are still having problems after getting "fixed" but Toyota is saying to bad, so sad, we fixed your gas pedal, and its not the electronics, so you have no proof of a problem, piss off.
No, absolutely not. It can't possibly be the electronics. There are fewer problems with Japanese electronics than with Japanese cars. Therefore, one can conclude that there must never, ever be a problem with electronics in Japanese cars.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:28 PM   #98
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
No, absolutely not. It can't possibly be the electronics. There are fewer problems with Japanese electronics than with Japanese cars. Therefore, one can conclude that there must never, ever be a problem with electronics in Japanese cars.
I read that article this morning and just ed. Toyota just keeps digging themselves in deeper and deeper....