Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-07-2010, 07:42 PM   #15
thesnoopster

Drives: '17 Fifty SS - '18 Traverse Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlineSS View Post
MD/DC/Va has a fair share of bad drivers..

Somedays I wonder about the people in this area.....their driving makes you wanna pull ya hair out
Old 04-07-2010, 07:45 PM   #16
The Jerk
Here but not really here.

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to The Jerk Send a message via MSN to The Jerk
Definately the drivers in SoCal are SOFA KING WEE TODD DID like no other..but also take into consideration that you're driving a Camaro which everyone at some point is gonna stop paying attention to the road and glare at your awesomesauce ride and get themselves possibly into an accident.

I like to give myself cushion in my driving, esp since I have a manual and play it cool just keeping my eyes always on my surroundings even if it gives me a seizure at least I know Im not in THE DANGER ZONEEEEEEEEE!
The Jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:14 PM   #17
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
People in New Jersey are by and large very responsible, calm, sane drivers. Really.

Honestly I wish people would learn to use their @#$%ing turn signals! That is lesson #1 I'd try - since (from what I hear) the average reaction time is about 1 second, I try to have my blinker going at least 2-3 seconds before actually turning. Although I have seen people who put on thir turn signal AFTER they do their turn - geniuses, obviously.

Even some professionals I've seen on the road - police, truckers, emergency services - can't seem to figure it out. Just today I almost got sideswiped by an ambulance coming home on 295. Out of nowhere the driver decided to shift into my lane just as my front bumper was about to pass his rear bumper - no turn signal. He got off at my exit, too, but fortunately I was able to scoot ahead of a semi and trap the psycho-EMTs behind it - let them be someone else's problem. (God help me if I get in an accident in this area.)

Setting your mirrors right is a BIG help, as I'm sure anyone here would already know. It doesn't excuse not checking your blindspots anyway, but do it right and you really don't have much to worry about as it is. Not switching lanes until at least a big chunk of your car is past the A-pillar is good advice - I try to make it the whole car as often as possible (so they can see the turn signal and there is no doubt what I'm doing), but at minimum that is the intelligent move. There's only so much you can do to avoid the idiots - at best, I think, all you can do is your best, so God forbid something does happen, it'd be the other guy's fault.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote