Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 07-09-2015, 03:24 PM   #57
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
But I am happy that the 1SS will not have the Pink Floyd laser show. Not knocking it as I am sure many folks will love it, but it's not for me. I guess you gotta take the good with the bad.
lol you just gave me one of my first "to do" lists when I get a 2LT or 2SS, put on "Comfortably Numb" and turn the lighting to show.

They could still surprise us with some standalone options for the 8". I doubt though the HUD would ever be a standalone option. Maybe part of some $5k Tech package with everything like my BMW.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 03:40 PM   #58
Bassment

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS M6
I thought when it was announced, the 8" screen between the gauges was supposed to be standard on the 2LT? Or did we all just assume that?
Bassment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 03:53 PM   #59
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassment View Post
I thought when it was announced, the 8" screen between the gauges was supposed to be standard on the 2LT? Or did we all just assume that?
"Available on 2LT, standard on 2SS"

The above quote is straight from the playbook.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 03:58 PM   #60
mr02Z/28

Drives: 2002 Z/28,1968 Chevelle convert.
I bet with the New 6th Gen Camaro 1SS will be pushing close to $40,000, easily ...... unless you get a No Option 1SS, manual car .....
mr02Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:59 PM   #61
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr02Z/28 View Post
I bet with the New 6th Gen Camaro 1SS will be pushing close to $40,000, easily ...... unless you get a No Option 1SS, manual car .....
My 1SS would be an automatic, with dual mode exhaust, upgraded radio, and if possible, the 8" screen....although now it seems that may not be possible.

Not really much else that would add cost. I can see that coming in the 37 - 39 range...BUT I will be getting mine at dealer invoice...which should knock off 1,500 to 2K. But that's still at around the max I want to spend. Its not that I can't afford to go higher, but I just don't WANT to go higher lol.

A 2SS, with all that I want, even with my discount is probably going to come in at 39 to 42K.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:08 PM   #62
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
It honestly all depends on how GM behaves in terms of pricing. I'm at a point in my life where the idea of heated and ventilated seats does appeal. However at the same time I'm not really all that hyped up to spend over 40K for it also.

We'll see.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:57 PM   #63
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
It honestly all depends on how GM behaves in terms of pricing. I'm at a point in my life where the idea of heated and ventilated seats does appeal. However at the same time I'm not really all that hyped up to spend over 40K for it also.

We'll see.
You are right...we'll see.

I'm certain the new V6 is going to be a better handling, more fun, and faster car than even my modded 2010 V6 is....and honestly I know I would be happy with it. There is zero shame in owning a V6 in my opinion...they are quick and fun, the 6th gen V6 should be a big improvement. Not V8 fast...no lol.

SS is the dream of course, but the interior features on the 6th gen REALLY appeal to me, and so....yeah. We'll see. Come on pricing.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:23 PM   #64
whiteboyblues2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
My 1SS would be an automatic, with dual mode exhaust, upgraded radio, and if possible, the 8" screen....although now it seems that may not be possible.

Not really much else that would add cost. I can see that coming in the 37 - 39 range...BUT I will be getting mine at dealer invoice...which should knock off 1,500 to 2K. But that's still at around the max I want to spend. Its not that I can't afford to go higher, but I just don't WANT to go higher lol.

A 2SS, with all that I want, even with my discount is probably going to come in at 39 to 42K.
Hey FBodFather, if your listening, 1SS buyers would love an option on the 8" screen between the gauges! It looks as though it's an option on the 2LT, so hopefully it's doable and not too late.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:29 PM   #65
whiteboyblues2001

Quote:
You are right...we'll see.

I'm certain the new V6 is going to be a better handling, more fun, and faster car than even my modded 2010 V6 is....and honestly I know I would be happy with it. There is zero shame in owning a V6 in my opinion...they are quick and fun, the 6th gen V6 should be a big improvement. Not V8 fast...no lol.

SS is the dream of course, but the interior features on the 6th gen REALLY appeal to me, and so....yeah. We'll see. Come on pricing.
I love my unmodded Gen5 V6, but this Gen6 V6 is going to be amazing! Almost 300 lbs. lighter, stiffer, more HP, 8 Spd Auto, Dual Mode Exhaust, available Brembos, available track cooling package, it's going to be a big difference from the previous gen. None of that sounds shameful to me!

But if I make the switch, it's only going to be for the LT1. It will all come down to the numbers in the end. Can't wait for pricing.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:38 AM   #66
KMPrenger

Quote:
"Available on 2LT, standard on 2SS"

The above quote is straight from the playbook.
Not that that it changes anything, but I found that quote in the playbook, and it is referencing the interior lighting spectrum feature...not the 8" drivers screen.

But you are right that the quick order reference guide pdf we have at this time does not show the UHS - Driver Information Center as even an option on the 1SS, while it does show it as one on 2LT and appears standard on the 2SS. What I also find interesting is the ZN2 - Technology and Lighting Package...while shown as an option on 2LT, I can't find it anywhere for 2SS where it should be standard.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:17 AM   #67
whiteboyblues2001

Quote:
Not that that it changes anything, but I found that quote in the playbook, and it is referencing the interior lighting spectrum feature...not the 8" drivers screen.

But you are right that the quick order reference guide pdf we have at this time does not show the UHS - Driver Information Center as even an option on the 1SS, while it does show it as one on 2LT and appears standard on the 2SS. What I also find interesting is the ZN2 - Technology and Lighting Package...while shown as an option on 2LT, I can't find it anywhere for 2SS where it should be standard.
I saw that too. My guess is this order guide is not final yet, but I'm not sure. I am also confused on how you order the upgraded Bose Stereo that is mentioned in the playbook. Is it just standard on any SS (1 or 2)?
Old 07-10-2015, 12:02 PM   #68
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
Just give me the LT1, manual transmission, and 3.73s. All the other stuff just adds weight and expense.
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 12:42 PM   #69
whiteboyblues2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPAJETSKI View Post
Just give me the LT1, manual transmission, and 3.73s. All the other stuff just adds weight and expense.
What about the Magentic Ride Control? From what I understand it's less than ten pounds different.

Or the Dual Mode exhaust. It makes 5 more HP and 5 more lbft on the vette.

Those, to me, are more performance options.

But, on general principal, I agree with you. I only (mostly) want the options that make the car perform better. There are a couple of exceptions though.
Old 07-10-2015, 02:47 PM   #70
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
What about the Magentic Ride Control? From what I understand it's less than ten pounds different.

Or the Dual Mode exhaust. It makes 5 more HP and 5 more lbft on the vette.

Those, to me, are more performance options.

But, on general principal, I agree with you. I only (mostly) want the options that make the car perform better. There are a couple of exceptions though.
I don't care about mag ride and 900 bucks for dual mode is a waste in my opinion. If you don't mind altering what the factory gives you, a lot can be done with 900 bucks.
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote