Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-25-2015, 12:38 PM   #141
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Just look at the ATS-V tests. Nearly the same power to weight ratio. same basic chassis. The WORST ATS-V test is a 12.6, others have been 12.3 and 12.1. If anything the SS should be quicker as it has a tad more torque and should weigh a little less...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:41 PM   #142
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco70 View Post
I'm sorry numbers meaning performance I think there will be a second disappointment. If you happy about paying 48to50 good for you if you think it's going to weigh 200 lbs less then a 5th gen when all option are included you will be wrong. if your one of these guys who thinks it's going to be a low 12 sec car you will be wrong again. We will see time will tell I like the car but not for the money there asking there's better options out there like a car with a usable back seat.
wow...what we have here folks is a negative nancy. lol.

All the car has to be is 200 pounds lighter than some comparable trim in the 5th gen SS. That's all GM has said. They did not specifically say a base SS is 200+ pounds less than a base 2015 model, or the same for a new 2SS versus the old 2SS.

If the new base SS is 200+ pounds lighter, but the new 2SS is only 180 pounds lighter than the old 2SS, then that is not a lie my friend. If the car, in no configurable trim is 200+ pounds less, then we have been mislead, and its time to flame GM for it.

I also don't understand why you can't see the auto getting under 12.5. Have you not seen the ATS-V, using similar weight, gearing, and power, pull a very low 12? Also, have you not seen the C7 get deep into the 11s all while being fully stock? I'm still calling 12.2 - 12.4 as advertised or magazine tested times, but in the hands of owners at the right track, we will see low 12s for sure.

Now maybe you are right, and it won't hit below 12.5. I'm not going to stand up and say you are outright WRONG (like you are doing), but based on other comparable cars out there, I'm going with what I feel could likely be possible.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:44 PM   #143
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:
I think Gm has lost the reason why we buy theses cars we buy for performance.I don't need heated and vented seats I don't need blind spot. I don't need back up camera I don't need stupid lighting threw the car are we 10. I don't need a charging pad I don't need all the other crap that marks the price up a little nicer interior fine but a 4,000 jump from last year crazy. They will see the down fall. The price was a big disappointment to most of us I willing to say so will be strait line performance I see people talking about 11 sec. I bet it will not see 12.5 in the auto and slower in the manual
I, for one, DO in fact need:

- Cool ambient lighting "through" the car
- Back up camera
- Charging pad
- And since the seats in my Vert will be leather, the heated & vented seats too.

And I'm 47, NOT 10

GM has been listening very well.....just because you think everyone should have one just to race it doesn't mean GM ain't listening.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:44 PM   #144
bdavies11

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
if you think it's going to weigh 200 lbs less then a 5th gen when all option are included you will be wrong.
If all options are included, then it will weigh 200lbs less than a fully loaded 5th gen. Pretty simple. No one is expecting a fully loaded 6th gen SS to weigh 200lbs less than a no option 5th gen SS.
bdavies11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:49 PM   #145
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
I am not sure you want to take that bet. The stock C7 LT1 is just under that and it is roughly 400lbs lighter.

Corvette Stingray: 0-60 3.7 seconds with auto and the quarter-mile in 12 seconds at 119 mph

Corvette Z06: 0-60 in 2.95 seconds with auto and the quarter-mile in 10.95 at 127 mph

That 400lb difference along with 5 less HP and 10 less Torque. I am going to be impressed if the Camaro can achieve 12.5sec or less.
The slowest C7 test I have seen was like a 12.2 if I recall, best was a 11.9. Even with the added weight I can see the SS, especially a 1SS, hitting 12.3-12.6 easily as 100 pounds = about a tenth or so. Plus the new Mustang with the same weight, and less power and torque has hit mid 12's already. My buddies bone stock '15 GT auto runs 12.50's crappy DA.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 01:04 PM   #146
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
I don't think the price is bad based on what you get. But it's all extras I didn't have to get in my current 1SS. And if I add auto I'm at $40K. Then what's another $3-5k over 5-6 years of the loan?? So you might as well get a 2SS. I just went from $33K to $40k plus. And I wish people stopping saying things about what people can or cannot afford (this is not directed at you KM). That has nothing to do with it. Some people have there limit for what they are willing to spend on any particular thing. I have 4 open car loans right now based on my income. So sometimes it's not about that... But I will say this, I have to test drive it and see what my cost is when the supplier discount is made available.,
Its all extras, but its the way they found what most people want in the car, but maybe they will here you guys (and sales # want be good) and come out with a more A la carte 1SS next year, but i dont think so, its more normal for them to raise the price and add more to cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavies11 View Post
Well if a bare bones 6th Gen SS existed, no one would be forcing you to buy it either. I don't get why it's so difficult for some to accept that people do want a bare bones SS.

I'd actually love to have a 1SS without RS, without a fancy 7" or 8" touchscreen (I prefer aftermarket stereo's), without 20" wheels (19's look better to me), without a backup camera and WITH leather. Unfortunately, I can't get that but what exactly is the problem with having the option to get exactly that?

Hell if I really, really wanted leather, I'd have to shell out another 4k, on top of adding on a bunch of features I don't even want. I don't get it.
Agreed if it existed, But do you think manufacturer want there to be that many combos of cars out there, Lats say as some have said here, they made a 1SS with 18 rims, small brakes and that it, now lets add the amount of variations that can become, to mach what GM thinks will sell the best, IMO you will have more one of cars then you will sale of all the 1 SS cars in a year, so a manufacturer cant build this way, cost will go up and you be unhappy, your way the car you want will go up to 40K and be striped.

Im not trying to say your not wright, price is higher then we wanted and we know it, but there is a lot of new technology in this car, and some pays for it any way you look at it, with that said lets hope when we see stats on how the car does, will make you like the car.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 01:12 PM   #147
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
I, for one, DO in fact need:

- Cool ambient lighting "through" the car
- Back up camera
- Charging pad
- And since the seats in my Vert will be leather, the heated & vented seats too.

And I'm 47, NOT 10

GM has been listening very well.....just because you think everyone should have one just to race it doesn't mean GM ain't listening.
"And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
I shake it off, I shake it off"
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 01:33 PM   #148
bdavies11

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Agreed if it existed, But do you think manufacturer want there to be that many combos of cars out there, Lats say as some have said here, they made a 1SS with 18 rims, small brakes and that it, now lets add the amount of variations that can become, to mach what GM thinks will sell the best, IMO you will have more one of cars then you will sale of all the 1 SS cars in a year, so a manufacturer cant build this way, cost will go up and you be unhappy, your way the car you want will go up to 40K and be striped.

I get what your saying about having a lot of variations but that's kind of my point. The 1SS should not have a lot of variations. I think the 1SS should have a few basic features to add in (leather seats for example) if you want and that's it. For example, I don't think a 1SS should come standard with RS or cool cabin lighting or backup cameras or high tech touchscreens etc, etc. If you want that stuff, then that's what the 2SS is for and you should only have the ability to add in all the extra goodies with the 2SS.
bdavies11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 01:57 PM   #149
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavies11 View Post
I get what your saying about having a lot of variations but that's kind of my point. The 1SS should not have a lot of variations. I think the 1SS should have a few basic features to add in (leather seats for example) if you want and that's it. For example, I don't think a 1SS should come standard with RS or cool cabin lighting or backup cameras or high tech touchscreens etc, etc. If you want that stuff, then that's what the 2SS is for and you should only have the ability to add in all the extra goodies with the 2SS.
I wouldn't go that far. I would have loved on either camaro or mustang to see leather as an option for the GT/1SS.

I would have kept the RS package as an option, and all that good techy stuff, make it part of a tech package.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 02:02 PM   #150
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
Funny, I'd pay more to have them take the "pleather" out of the car. I think 4K is a pretty big leap from one model year to the next, but the new car has a lot more items standard and sounds like it will out perform it. I'm one of the people that doesn't need all the comfort or "look at me" gadgets but I'm obviously in the minority. I think the biggest mistake is not having a base level LS model.
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 02:13 PM   #151
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
I don't think I want another set of leather eats without them being cooled.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 02:20 PM   #152
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
I'm sorry numbers meaning performance I think there will be a second disappointment. If you happy about paying 48to50 good for you if you think it's going to weigh 200 lbs less then a 5th gen when all option are included you will be wrong. if your one of these guys who thinks it's going to be a low 12 sec car you will be wrong again. We will see time will tell I like the car but not for the money there asking there's better options out there like a car with a usable back seat.
Whatever works for you, man. Either way, the car will be faster than my 13 GT or my buddy's 15 GT PP.. Until he twin turbos it. If it does indeed weigh below 3,800 pounds, I see no reason why this won't crack below 12.5. Absolutely no reason. Don't see why it would be heavier than 3,800 either.

More horsepower and torque across the range. Faster shifting auto transmission. Lighter. Mustang's can trap 12.8. I don't see why a more powerful car with a better transmission can't knock a few tents off, but you have fun being a negative nancy.

It seems to me all you want to do is rag on the car now. The car is not 48-50k for me in any way as far as MSRP goes. Don't give me the tax bullshit.

2SS, NPP, MRC, Maybe Nav. Add all that up and still not 48k. Then subtract for supplier price.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 02:43 PM   #153
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
I don't think I want another set of leather eats without them being cooled.
I wouldn't have gone leather if they didn't offer the cooling. But, it's not like it chills the seats but it does allow the seat to breathe better.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:45 PM   #154
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
Whatever works for you, man. Either way, the car will be faster than my 13 GT or my buddy's 15 GT PP.. Until he twin turbos it. If it does indeed weigh below 3,800 pounds, I see no reason why this won't crack below 12.5. Absolutely no reason. Don't see why it would be heavier than 3,800 either.

More horsepower and torque across the range. Faster shifting auto transmission. Lighter. Mustang's can trap 12.8. I don't see why a more powerful car with a better transmission can't knock a few tents off, but you have fun being a negative nancy.

It seems to me all you want to do is rag on the car now. The car is not 48-50k for me in any way as far as MSRP goes. Don't give me the tax bullshit.

2SS, NPP, MRC, Maybe Nav. Add all that up and still not 48k. Then subtract for supplier price.
Yeah.. Mine comes in at $46K MSRP. But hey, that GT Premium comes in at $44K MSRP.... I'll take the Camaro.