Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-18-2018, 02:54 AM   #1
raidaru

Drives: 2SS
Do you recognize this Camaro? Georgia members(trying to track down previous owner)

Hi guys, I bought this car from auctions without keys, I need to get in touch with previous owner, he was from Warner Robins, GA. Myabe some of you knows him from local meetings or other events. Any info would be great, thanks!
Attached Images

Last edited by raidaru; 04-18-2018 at 10:59 AM.
raidaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 03:01 AM   #2
DanSnow

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT 2.0T
Contact Chevy. If you actually own the car they will be able to program new keys for you at any chevy dealership.
DanSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 03:24 AM   #3
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Someone likely had their car repossessed and you're pretty much asking them to surrender the keys to their old car while they're likely sour over the entire deal... That or the owner was arrested and the car was auctioned after being confiscated.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 03:35 AM   #4
raidaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSnow View Post
Contact Chevy. If you actually own the car they will be able to program new keys for you at any chevy dealership.
There is a problem, I am from Europe, car is somewhere on its way here, I called dealer where the new car was bought from, they say I must personally go with the docs to get the key code yeah sure, I don't even have a visa to enter USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Someone likely had their car repossessed and you're pretty much asking them to surrender the keys to their old car while they're likely sour over the entire deal... That or the owner was arrested and the car was auctioned after being confiscated.
Car was involved in a crash, USAA ins became new owner, put it on auction, and I bought, has salvage title. Problem is my local Chevy dealer can't help me out cause Camaro is american model, not EU...........
Old 04-18-2018, 04:28 AM   #5
DanSnow

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT 2.0T
Seems fishy to me, any Chevy dealership can help you get new keys if you have the proper paperwork. Doesn't matter if the car is US in EU. EU Chevy dealership can issue new keys IF you prove ownership. If in fact you have all the proper paperwork don't take No for an answer from Chevy EU. They can and should issue/program new keys to American cars in Europe.
DanSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 04:54 AM   #6
raidaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSnow View Post
Seems fishy to me, any Chevy dealership can help you get new keys if you have the proper paperwork. Doesn't matter if the car is US in EU. EU Chevy dealership can issue new keys IF you prove ownership. If in fact you have all the proper paperwork don't take No for an answer from Chevy EU. They can and should issue/program new keys to American cars in Europe.
Here is the answer from Chevy parts guy "I just spoke with my parts
manager Franco and he told me there is nothing we can do
with the keys that you need.
by General Motors we need the owners papers and
the owner here to make the keys it can not be by fax or by
email.
"

This is an exceptional situation which requires special measures, why people can't understand that? All I need is a damn key code so that I can cut the blade and program myself the keys afterwards Anyway I am pretty disappointed with GM customer service, neither US nor EU branch can solve a lame issue....... more like unwilling to help
Old 04-18-2018, 08:44 AM   #7
sykb47l

Drives: 73' VW Bug
i actually might be able to help....
Old 04-18-2018, 08:52 AM   #8
Kise

Drives: 16' 2SS, 06' Silverado SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidaru View Post
email.
"

This is an exceptional situation which requires special measures, why people can't understand that? All I need is a damn key code so that I can cut the blade and program myself the keys afterwards Anyway I am pretty disappointed with GM customer service, neither US nor EU branch can solve a lame issue....... more like unwilling to help
call different dealerships.

jack Maxton in Columbus, ohio or chesrown in Delaware OH might be able to help you out.

all they did for me was ask my vin
Kise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:03 AM   #9
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
Quote:
I don't even have a visa to enter USA.
What country are you from? Most European countries are part of the Visa Waiver program so you wouldn't need a Visa unless your country isn't approved for it.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:31 AM   #10
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
email.
"

What I'm confused about is, if you bought the car at the auction, doesn't that make you the owner? Not understanding why they are unwilling to help if you're technically the new owner.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:33 AM   #11
DavidinGA
Tread Marks

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Camaro 2SS
Hotwire that bitch...
DavidinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 10:02 AM   #12
corvette to camaro ss2

Drives: soon to have a camaro ss2
how did they sell it with out a key ???? the car had to be moved at some point I bet the action house lost the keys . they should be responsible for the car having keys and a fob . gm will cut the key and supply the fob off the vin lost my gmc fob had it in 2 or 3 days . I know you in Europe but you have proof of ownership contact gm usa
corvette to camaro ss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 03:15 PM   #13
Eos

Drives: Camaro Coupé 2.0T AT8 (EU version)
Hi Raidaru!,
have you tried sending a clear email with full paperworks directly to GM Europe customer service? Their direct email for Camaro customers is camaro.europe@gm.com .

Try this way.. as they are the official GM branch in Europe.

See you!!,
Eos
Eos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 03:51 PM   #14
antny

Drives: 2017 1SS convertible
I would see if someone or you can do a dmv search of the previous owner. Being it was under usaa and in the warner robins area I would guess this guy is air force. If you get a name a facebook search might come up with him and if facebook comes up blank I am sure we have some military members on here that can look that person up by global email
antny is offline   Reply With Quote