Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-23-2008, 01:55 AM   #29
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsismeZ06 View Post
For some of us, we are already forced to wait, and by the time I get my hands on one, the price will be back to MSRP. BTW, how long do you guys thing that will take?
Depends who you try and buy from. Scotty says MSRP or less on all Camaros. Others could automatically add a markup and keep it there for a year or more, counting on people walking in without knowing (or possibly caring) how much the car really costs.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 03:24 AM   #30
taz
Taz

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Camaro
Hey Scotty!

Do you deliver to Hawaii? Were probably pretty much on the low end of the list and get whatever they send. (At least thats what I was told about the vettes). On the vettes, they have to sell whats on stock before they can put in special orders. I'm thinking the camaros gonna be the same thing. Fortunately I have the funds to pay cash, but live so islolated that it might take a long time before they put in my order in for a fully loaded RS/SS. Its gonna be my fun car since my everyday car is the BMW X5 to carry by dogs, bikes and canoes.

Havent gotten much help over here since they know I can buy a vette now and been pushing me not to wait and buy a vette.

Taz
taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:05 AM   #31
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz View Post
Hey Scotty!

Do you deliver to Hawaii? Were probably pretty much on the low end of the list and get whatever they send. (At least thats what I was told about the vettes). On the vettes, they have to sell whats on stock before they can put in special orders. I'm thinking the camaros gonna be the same thing. Fortunately I have the funds to pay cash, but live so islolated that it might take a long time before they put in my order in for a fully loaded RS/SS. Its gonna be my fun car since my everyday car is the BMW X5 to carry by dogs, bikes and canoes.

Havent gotten much help over here since they know I can buy a vette now and been pushing me not to wait and buy a vette.

Taz

We can look into it...We can always drop ship cars to other dealers, and they just do the delivery...they have nothing to do with pricing with the exception they need to do the delivery inspection, and can charge more than usual for it....all things that can be found out in advance....or maybe there's atransit company that can get it over to you for a fee... Either way, I'll offer any help I can
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 02:33 PM   #32
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
We can look into it...We can always drop ship cars to other dealers, and they just do the delivery...they have nothing to do with pricing with the exception they need to do the delivery inspection, and can charge more than usual for it....all things that can be found out in advance....or maybe there's atransit company that can get it over to you for a fee... Either way, I'll offer any help I can
OH; if you can drop-ship cars, that would be nearly as good!!! Nice

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 04:24 PM   #33
taz
Taz

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Camaro
Thanks Scotty,

Glad that I have that option and will probably order from you since I am not getting any assistance from the people I talk to here. I really believe that I know more about the new camaro from this forum than they do and that might be why they dont want to talk to me. They didnt know about the IDL in september or that the salesperson camaro 8 page guide was out and wasnt happy that I had to explain what it was.

Do you have a ballpark price on how much a delivery inspection would be or should I ask them? It will give me an idea of final pricing. Cant wait to drive my new camaro!!

Taz
taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:42 PM   #34
Grape Ape

Drives: 96 Bronco w/ a 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by smike07 View Post
If you have a Costco near you, get a card and buy it through their vehicle incentive program. Basically, they do all the work in contacting a dealership with the best priced car, typically, below MSRP! You'll likely have to wait anywhere from a week to a couple of months, but if you're a serious buyer, you'll get exactly what you want for a fair price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
ACK - COSTCO!

We love to beat Costco's price.....because the work with another dealer "up the road".

I had someone tell me the no haggle price Costco offered from the other guy was $600 more then ours on the same Impala....We dealer traded and got their car and sold it

If you have a costco card try it, but don't forget to talk directly to the dealers.

When I bought my wife's Mazda5 I found two dealers who beat Costco's price by nearly $2000 and threw in the "Sport Package". I was even able to set up the whole deal via email, which was a huge time and hassle saver.
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote