Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-09-2010, 11:02 AM   #1
haleyd
determined future owner

Drives: 2004 pontiac grand prix gt2
Send a message via AIM to haleyd
if abm is no longer available then why

why does the gm website still have it on there? it's irritating me. i thought sw wasn't available anymore either???? that's still on there too.
haleyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:12 AM   #2
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
The "build your own" Camaro configurator was broken for about a month before anybody fixed it last year.

Something tells me their web development contractors are either backlogged or really lazy.

I wish they'd put up another blue already. I really want to see a lighter blue available.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:14 AM   #3
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
SW is still around. They may release new colors for 11. So, might want to hold out.
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:48 AM   #4
haleyd
determined future owner

the only color i want is abm. i don't see myself ever having one now :( maybe someday... way down the road... i'll be able to find a used one. but i doubt it will be anytime soon!
Old 03-09-2010, 11:53 AM   #5
n!ght r!der
That Guy

Drives: really good
Some dealerships still have new ones that weren't sold.
n!ght r!der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:55 AM   #6
haleyd
determined future owner

i can't find any in this area. and i know exactly what i want too... 2LT/RS/auto/sunroof. anyone know of any close to fort wayne, in? LOL
Old 03-09-2010, 12:02 PM   #7
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by haleyd View Post
i can't find any in this area. and i know exactly what i want too... 2LT/RS/auto/sunroof. anyone know of any close to fort wayne, in? LOL
Check used ones. There are 2 ABM on here. One is a 1SS and the other is a 2SS. Look around and I am sure you will find one if you want one that bad and your ready now.

Search outside of IN. They can ship cars for around 600 dollars. CamaroScotty is an example of company that sells and ships cars all the time.

You might have to give up a sunroof etc if you really want ABM..
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:27 PM   #8
haleyd
determined future owner

that's the thing though, yes i want the ABM, but i'm not willing to give up the things that are important to me on the car... like the sunroof. i'm moving to florida in a month... sunroof is EXTREMELY important lol! i'm not saying i'm ready to buy one right now, but when i am after i move, it would be nice to know i could get one... but now it's going to be REALLY hard to find one! and if i'm paying that much money for a car it's going to be exactly what i want. i made the mistake of settling with my car now and i've regretted it ever since. but i just paid it off yesterday so that makes me happy LOL! i don't just want a camaro to have a camaro... i love the car and i want one to be the exact dream car i've wanted since i was like 9 when i fell in love with camaros... know what i mean?
Old 03-09-2010, 01:10 PM   #9
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
ABM was the one I wanted as well. I was very upset when they made the move to discontinue it. I also paid my car off this month and was hoping to either trade it in or sell off my other car, a 91 RS Convertible to place down payment on a 2LT ABM. Hopefully a new blue comes out that looks just as awesome as the ABM did.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:14 PM   #10
haleyd
determined future owner

if it's the jet stream blue that i have seen i will not like it. i had never seen a blue that i loved like i did that abm. and unless another color comes out that gives me butterflies like that abm did (i know i'm a dork, but it really did) then i just don't see spending that much money on something that i don't LOVE LOVE. every time i see an abm i will only think "ugh, why isn't MY car that color?" LOL!
Old 03-09-2010, 01:22 PM   #11
ninety6
2xSOM

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS | 2002 Camaro V6 vrt
Quote:
that's the thing though, yes i want the ABM, but i'm not willing to give up the things that are important to me on the car... like the sunroof. i'm moving to florida in a month... sunroof is EXTREMELY important lol! i'm not saying i'm ready to buy one right now, but when i am after i move, it would be nice to know i could get one... but now it's going to be REALLY hard to find one! and if i'm paying that much money for a car it's going to be exactly what i want. i made the mistake of settling with my car now and i've regretted it ever since. but i just paid it off yesterday so that makes me happy LOL! i don't just want a camaro to have a camaro... i love the car and i want one to be the exact dream car i've wanted since i was like 9 when i fell in love with camaros... know what i mean?
get what ya' want. You'll find it. You can always take a one-way flight for a couple hundred bucks and drive your ABM2LTRSSUNROOFAUTO home!
ninety6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:27 PM   #12
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
Quote:
Well sweetie I feel bad for you because I know how long and what you have been going through for your car and I commend you for not breaking your principles. Mean you didn't hang yourself by getting the car and being over leveraged. One option and its always a option if you can't find that color later when you go to buy is find a SW with all the things you want and have it painted ABM. It may be the only way. Either way I'll be on the look out for you here in Michigan because we are littered with camaros all over dealerships with every color and option. Best of luck to you.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:32 PM   #13
StrangeMan

Drives: 2SS SIM/Blk
Send a message via Yahoo to StrangeMan
Quote:
Goto chevy.com and goto the build your own page. Click on the Chat button. Their reps can search the chevy database and find dealerships that have the EXACT specs of what you want and email it to you. This is how I found my car.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:35 PM   #14
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
There are abm ss's here new. And a 1lt used.No 2lt's.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote