Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-12-2010, 04:12 PM   #309
shadow09
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 1LE
Anyone have ARH and ATAK together??

Would really like to hear the difference between the kooks and arh headers with ATAK.

shadow09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:15 PM   #310
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Videos of my car on the dyno today. Borla Touring exhaust, Kooks LT 1 7/8 catted headers, CAI intake, and a tune.

My car now has a very satisfying rumble at idle and roars under throttle, but it's quiet at highway speeds when cruising. It's exactly the result I was wanting with the headers and the Borla Touring exhaust.

Last edited by Darth_Emma; 05-12-2010 at 08:29 PM.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:57 PM   #311
Ace

Drives: On order: Camaro SS/RS,A6, SIM
Darth_Emma...any drone at any speed? Can you post a video of your car just at start up and idle? I am very interested in that combo as well! Thanks!
3000 4/21/09
3300 5/14/09

3400 5/23/09
3800 6/3/09
IN MY GARAGE 6/11/09!!!!!!!!

REBORN BY LIVERNOIS MOTORSPORTS 5/21/2010!
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:09 PM   #312
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Ace:
I only hit one rpm where I got a small bit of drone at ~1500 rpm. It only did it for a short time (a couple seconds) while I was accelerating and it stopped as I continue to acclerate. I tried to make it do that consistently, but it would not (yaaa!). It seems to do that when in about third gear, but then it upshifts and stops. It is VERY quiet at highway speeds (I was driving anywhere from 50 to 75).

I was VERY worried about the possible drone, so when I hit that rpm and it did that, I was concerned, but it wasn't an issue because it stopped it after only a couple of seconds. I'll know more when I drive it in the next few days.

I will get some video clips in the next few days for you. I absolutely LOVE the sound at idle now. It was too quiet at idle before. Now it makes a wonderful throaty growl, but not annoyingly loud.

Ace, we are having a meet up and mod-day with a group of us from Ohio and vicinity on May 23. If you are interested in coming down, you can have a listen then. Here is the thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79478
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:30 PM   #313
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by khislop007 View Post
The ATAK sounds like my S-type with ARH LT's..........I would love to hear the ATAK with LT's
My ATAK system is paired with Kooks LTs. See the video below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertyforall1776 View Post
Surprisingly, I could not really hear much of a difference...

I would imagine it is different in person?
They actually sound very different. Here's the comparison video I posted earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareSS View Post
lol...that guy isthe background is just staring at u guys like wtf are these guys doing....but both of them sound sweet...i was gonna go with slp loudmouth and arh LTs but i think imma go with the atak and arh

o and also...why are ur tail lights blinking? is that the hazards or the lights from aac just do that?
Those guys were definitely enjoying the show. We shot that video in a parking lot on the way to C5Fest, and then posted it up before we left. I think we clipped the mic, so the audio actually came out really bad IMO.

The lights don't actually do that...again I blame the camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow09 View Post
Anyone have ARH and ATAK together??

Would really like to hear the difference between the kooks and arh headers with ATAK.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I doubt you'll hear much difference in the two headers.
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:37 PM   #314
bxmlmm

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS 6m
Send a message via AIM to bxmlmm
Quote:
Originally Posted by david borla View Post
Here's a link to the Camaro ATAK exhaust on the Borla website. Please look for a local distributor. Prices on Borla's website are full retail.

http://borla.com/products/product_de...rod_sku=140356

Thanks
Dave , ok i found a good price from a distributor for the cat back S, now can you tell me who you would trust to install it in the Oxnard / Conejo Valley area? Would they also order it for me since I'm sure it's a huge box? Thank you.
bxmlmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:53 AM   #315
TexasTechZ06

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
Excellent thread!
TexasTechZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:35 PM   #316
chris@borla

Drives: 02 True Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxmlmm View Post
Dave , ok i found a good price from a distributor for the cat back S, now can you tell me who you would trust to install it in the Oxnard / Conejo Valley area? Would they also order it for me since I'm sure it's a huge box? Thank you.

Check out Muscle Motors in Chatsworth. 818-341-RACE. Talk to Jack they are great to deal with. They do a lot of Ford GT's. That is how you know they are good.
chris@borla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:38 PM   #317
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Both sound awesome
Old 05-14-2010, 09:35 PM   #318
mycamaroisred

Drives: 2010 camaro
atak

hey is that just the axle back atak in that video?
mycamaroisred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:38 PM   #319
weeno310
embrace the random

Drives: 2LT/RS M6 in ABM + White RS's
would these borla's be good for the V6 as well?
Old 05-16-2010, 03:06 PM   #320
darenf02

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6SP LS7 swapped
DAAA-YYYUUUUMMMMM!!! Sorry, I didn't mean to yell out loud like that. I was completely dedicated to the Stainless Works "Aggressive" system until I heard/saw this video! I'm SOLD on Borla now, but I'm split between the S-type and the ATAK. I like aspects of both but am leaning more towards the ATAK simply because I like loud, and I firmly believe with all the effort/R&D Borla does that there won't be any drone to speak of and/or the interior resonance won't be too annoying. A company like this doens't 'skip-out' on those details. My old '80 Z/28 has LT with 2.5" 'loud' Flowmasters out the back and even that 'old' of a car doesn't have enough interior resonance to be annoying to me so I'm honestly not concerned with it. If I do for some reason, well God invented this stuff called Dynamat for that LOL. Sooooo, Borla it is, but now which one???? Hmmmm....I'm still considering a 3" system though (I know, I know if you don't have 800+hp you don't need it, but I'm still wanting to hear what the 3" ATAK with LT's sounds like before I make a decision.). Call me old school, redneck, etc., but 3" mandrel-bent exhaust with X-pipe crossover has always been that 'Mecca' exhaust system regardless of hp/need. Now I'm confused again.....*sigh*
LS7 swap stage 3 cam, MSD intake, NW 103 TB, LME heads, JBA ceramic coated LT's 1 7/8" Flowmaster 3" w/high flow cats & X pipe, MPD Motorsports cowl induction hood, CAI, ZL1 front clip, Jet Mass-Air Sensor, rear valence, Stealth bulbs, 20% tint, taillight blackouts, side marker blackouts, modern SS emblem back, 427 rear emblem, S.S. rear spoiler, MGW shifter, black ZL1 replica wheels (wider), 160* thermostat, front firing 2x12" Rockford Fosgate subs, NA 619rwhp on Mustang Dyno
darenf02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:28 PM   #321
turtlesdove3
Regular

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by darenf02 View Post
DAAA-YYYUUUUMMMMM!!! Sorry, I didn't mean to yell out loud like that. I was completely dedicated to the Stainless Works "Aggressive" system until I heard/saw this video! I'm SOLD on Borla now, but I'm split between the S-type and the ATAK. ............... Call me old school, redneck, etc., but 3" mandrel-bent exhaust with X-pipe crossover has always been that 'Mecca' exhaust system regardless of hp/need. Now I'm confused again.....*sigh*
You surely are confused pal and you got me confused as well. Will have to research around a bit. It depends on our tastes but I prefer the S-type, no appropriate description from me but ATAK is somewhat freaking hard to use everyday.
turtlesdove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:14 PM   #322
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlesdove3 View Post
...ATAK is somewhat freaking hard to use everyday.
Not true at all. My ATAK system is no more obnoxious in normal driving than my S was. It's much louder outside the car when you get on it, but pretty much the same in the cabin.
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote